No more State Income taxes? Maybe...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ViewI...1|26201&digest=sYjohEGcLsC6beobEJQOnQ&sysid=1

- Having trouble reading this email? Click here to view it on your browser.

Good Afternoon,

This morning, I unveiled a plan to eliminate income taxes in Louisiana in order to help create more jobs in our state.

The proposal will give more control to taxpayers over their own money, and close loopholes so that powerful special interests can no longer rig the system.

Everything we’ve done since entering office is about making Louisiana the best place in the world to find a job and raise a family. Our reforms are working, and Louisiana is now at the top of many rankings for economic growth.

But there are still many people who are looking for work or are underemployed. And there are still too many people who left Louisiana because they couldn’t find a good here. Eliminating income taxes will make Louisiana the best place in the country for businesses to invest and create jobs.

Research shows that states with no income taxes are outperforming other states. People are voting with their feet and moving to places where there are more job opportunities and better tax climates.

If you look at the last ten years, over 60 percent of the three million new jobs created in America came from the nine states without an income tax. Also, over the past decade, states without income taxes have experienced almost 60 percent higher population growth than the national average.

The bottom line is that eliminating income taxes will make Louisiana the best place for businesses to invest and create jobs. This plan will help give more people an opportunity to pursue their dreams in Louisiana.

Sincerely,

Bobby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHARE THIS EMAIL:
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Paid for by Friends of Bobby Jindal
    Friends of Bobby Jindal

PO Box 4168
    Baton Rouge, LA 70821

www.bobbyjindal.com

Click here to no longer receive email updates from Governor Bobby Jindal.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    What he doesn't tell you is he will have to rise the sales tax to 11%

Don't care. State income tax savings will more than makeup for the extra 1.88% tax.

And the only things you really have to buy like food and drugs remain exempt under the stelly plan.

Louisiana citizens will be able to choose when and where they pay their taxes. Everyone is taxed at the same rate which is completely fair. People who spend a lot will pay more taxes. People who don't spend much will pay very little taxes. This is a win for anyone who works or pays income tax.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    What about retired persons on a fixed income? How are we supposed to afford the increase in sales taxes?

You will pay less in state income taxes (2% on up to 6%).

If you don't pay any state income taxes to begin with, then you will have to scrounge an extra 1.88%, cut back on your cigarette habit, etc.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    They will get their money one way or another. Sales tax, property tax, tobacco and alchohol tax etc.

Meaningless. Texas doesn't have income tax but they make up for it with other things.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'd much prefer increased sales taxes than income taxes. At least with sales taxes, I can choose where better my money is spent. Even if it's the illusion of choice, it's better than no choice or control.

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    There would have to be a law that accompanied this one that would prohibit the income tax forever. Wouldn't want them to try to bring the income tax back in 15 years.

Also, how will increases in the tax rate be determined?

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Coming from Georgia, where you get taxed on income, property, sales and ad valorem on your vehicles (everything that requires a tag has a yearly tax) I'll gladly pay more sales tax. Just makes you "choose" wiser.

Louisiana's taxes are not that bad. This will only make the situation better. Those about to retire etc, well sorry, suck it up and deal with it.

We have the highest homestead exemption in the nation. $75000.00. In Georgia it's only 3K. 40-50 dollars a year maybe to register your car in Louisiana, in georgia THIS year I owed 250 for one, 175 for the other vehicle, then 20 each on two trailers, and to top it off, 50 on an antique WW2 jeep. That's PER year, and the main rates reflect depreciation x 5years on each vehicle. The first year it was over 500 on my truck, and over 350 on my toyota corolla.

What others do not realize is the actual stimulation the economy will recieve by businesses who will relocate here and provide jobs. When there is an excess of jobs, wages go up to compete for local labor forces. Increased wages and decreased taxes? Whoever would not want that is a freaking idiot.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    He should have just repealed the income tax ONLY and CUT GOV'T SPENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has cut spending pretty good. Seems like LA has been operating on a shoestring for a while. I know my dad took a cut in his retirement pay for his cuts and I know he's ok with it, even though it took money out of his pocket.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    He has cut spending pretty good. Seems like LA has been operating on a shoestring for a while. I know my dad took a cut in his retirement pay for his cuts and I know he's ok with it, even though it took money out of his pocket.

regarding the underlined......GOOD, it's budget should be so minimal that it barely exists. :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No More Income Taxes at ANY level. State and Federal!

National Sales Tax! Get these cheaters and Freeshitters paying!

Then I won't hate so much when I see a "Freeshitist" pulling a LA Purchase card out of a Coach purse to buy boiled crawfish and driving off in an Escalade.

Top Bottom