Non violent felon gun right restoration

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    I don't think anyone said they're perfect. I'm not a felon, but I'm far from perfect.

JR1572

Not claiming to be perfect, either. We all make mistakes.

Some mistakes that are made have consequences and some of those consequences are severe with no amount of contrition mitigating the sentence.

It is not for me to pass judgement -- for that has already been done. Nor am I inclined to grant clemency, for that is not my right.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't think anyone said they're perfect. I'm not a felon, but I'm far from perfect.

JR1572

I also didn't see you moaning about how felons are given the opportunity to obtain there rights back after a certain period of time once they have committed crimes and paid for those bad choices they made.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Not claiming to be perfect, either. We all make mistakes.

Some mistakes that are made have consequences and some of those consequences are severe with no amount of contrition mitigating the sentence.

It is not for me to pass judgement -- for that has already been done. Nor am I inclined to grant clemency, for that is not my right.

Then you may want to make a better choice of words when responding to such questions regarding this topic and the people that fall under it.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I also didn't see you moaning about how felons are given the opportunity to obtain there rights back after a certain period of time once they have committed crimes and paid for those bad choices they made.

Excuse me? If the laws in place allow people to own firearms after they have satisfied their sentencing, I have no problem with that. People can change.

What point are you trying to make? Just because the law says a convicted felon can own a firearm again doesn't mean I have to hang out with them. News flash: I know many people with no criminal record that I don't hang out with because I think they're morons. Just like there are people on this forum that I will not sell a firearm to because I think they're morons.

JR1572

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Excuse me? If the laws in place allow people to own firearms after they have satisfied their sentencing, I have no problem with that. People can change.

What point are you trying to make? Just because the law says a convicted felon can own a firearm again doesn't mean I have to hang out with them. News flash: I know many people with no criminal record that I don't hang out with because I think they're morons. Just like there are people on this forum that I will not sell a firearm to because I think they're morons.

JR1572

That comment wasn't condemning you. I think you took it the wrong way.

Basically, I was saying that I wasn't directing the "perfect" comment at you, nor any other post I have made in this thread.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Then you may want to make a better choice of words when responding to such questions regarding this topic and the people that fall under it.

I'm confused as to why you are so offended. I think if you make a decision that gets you convicted of a felony then you are a felon. If that keeps you from having a gun then oh well. The felony that was committed was probably not victimless, I think they should have a say so also.

MOTOR51

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I'm confused as to why you are so offended. I think if you make a decision that gets you convicted of a felony then you are a felon. If that keeps you from having a gun then oh well. The felony that was committed was probably not victimless, I think they should have a say so also.

MOTOR51

I'll make it clear now that I live my life based on good morals. If I make a bad choice, it wont involve another party. I have no pity for violent people, thieves, or sex offenders. However, to just label every felon as scum that does not deserve a chance to obtain there rights back in order to live a normal life just like everyone else is just childish. If, yes I am using the if word, we were talking about someone close to you, would you condemn them the same way? Sure, we might think they 'should' have made better choices, but that does not constitute for treating them like a disease or like they are a wild animal that has no learning capabilities. People, well some people, learn from their mistakes which is why I believe a 2nd chance is in line.

I had already made my point earlier, and its hard keep hitting on it without being redundant. To answer your confusion, I was offended at the fact that people are given a chance to obtain their rights back being 'unfortunate'.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'll make it clear now that I live my life based on good morals. If I make a bad choice, it wont involve another party. I have no pity for violent people, thieves, or sex offenders. However, to just label every felon as scum that does not deserve a chance to obtain there rights back in order to live a normal life just like everyone else is just childish. If, yes I am using the if word, we were talking about someone close to you, would you condemn them the same way? Sure, we might think they 'should' have made better choices, but that does not constitute for treating them like a disease or like they are a wild animal that has no learning capabilities. People, well some people, learn from their mistakes which is why I believe a 2nd chance is in line.

I had already made my point earlier, and its hard keep hitting on it without being redundant. To answer your confusion, I was offended at the fact that people are given a chance to obtain their rights back being 'unfortunate'.

I have several close family members who are felons and they are not allowed at my house and I do not associate with them at all. We use to be close but they chose to be criminals. Please don't assume that I have different standards for family and friends.

MOTOR51

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I have several close family members who are felons and they are not allowed at my house and I do not associate with them at all. We use to be close but they chose to be criminals. Please don't assume that I have different standards for family and friends.

MOTOR51

Understandable. I feel pretty much the same, in a general sense. Now, say in 5 or 10 years, those family members have made a complete turn around in their lives and are in no way engaged in criminal activity, and live a productive normal life; will you still look at them in the manner, will you still not allow them in your home?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom