NOPD Facial Recognition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Considering the charges were dropped seems like the officer was just taking out his anger on the guy because he happened to hit him with some beads. The officer was probably in the wrong for arresting the guy. Now if the guy was taunting the officer or threw the beads at him and busted out laughing or started high fiving his buddies than I’m sure things would have been different and the charges would have been justified. Moral of the story to me seems to be keep your head on a swivel and be aware of your surroundings at all times. Especially if you’re an on duty police officer.

Charges get dropped all the time for many reasons, I doubt anger played into it. I’ve worked plenty of parades and you get hit all the time. This was an NOPD mounted officer so I’m thinking it wasn’t his first time to get it that day. I’m betting there’s a good reason he picked your buddy. So moral to the story…… even if you get the charges dropped, getting arrested probably sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I know a young man arrested at a Mardi Gras parade for wearing a mask. Not charged with anything else. The exemption is for Mardi Gras day only. I spoke to another gent that claimed a bank teller wouldn't serve him until he took off his cap so the camera could get a good look at him. She said nothing about the .45 on his hip. A former colleague of mine was arrested for assaulting a police officer. Mounted officer rode into his bead throwing trajectory in the French Quarter. That charge was dropped.
    True claim re: banks.

Banks can refuse to serve anyone for anything (with a few legal restrictions). Unless a hat is a religious covering, a bank can absolutely not serve someone due to the hat.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    True claim re: banks.

Banks can refuse to serve anyone for anything (with a few legal restrictions). Unless a hat is a religious covering, a bank can absolutely not serve someone due to the hat.

When I was on motors I ran into the bank to deposit money and had my helmet on in full uniform. The teller refused to help me until I removed my department issued helmet. I didn’t get upset, I just left and opened an account at a different bank. Problem solved.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    When I was on motors I ran into the bank to deposit money and had my helmet on in full uniform. The teller refused to help me until I removed my department issued helmet. I didn’t get upset, I just left and opened an account at a different bank. Problem solved.

You mean to tell me that you didn't like the fact that the teller was doing their job by asking you to remove your helmet?
    What if a bad guy went to rob that bank, dressed as an officer, using the helmet to assist in hiding their identity?
    Shame on them for not giving you the benefit of doubt that you weren't a criminal.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You mean to tell me that you didn't like the fact that the teller was doing their job by asking you to remove your helmet?
    What if a bad guy went to rob that bank, dressed as an officer, using the helmet to assist in hiding their identity?
    Shame on them for not giving you the benefit of doubt that you weren't a criminal.

Like I said, I didn’t get angry at all, I just simply left and took my business elsewhere. She was just doing her job but I chose to put my money somewhere the clerks had common sense. No biggie

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    Take my picture, scan my face, read my license plates, whatever. I don't care. I'm not breaking any laws and honestly have nothing to be concerned with. It's highly, highly, highly, highly.....highly doubtful I will be mistaken for some wanted bad guy and be taken down to the ground and cuffed, or that ninjas will kick down my door at 0300 hrs and roust me from bed at gunpoint. I'm not a bootlicker, SIMP or beta male. Just a guy that knows that of one lives life on the straight and narrow it's highly unlikely that one will have an encounter with the authorities. Just a gray man.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Take my picture, scan my face, read my license plates, whatever. I don't care. I'm not breaking any laws and honestly have nothing to be concerned with. It's highly, highly, highly, highly.....highly doubtful I will be mistaken for some wanted bad guy and be taken down to the ground and cuffed, or that ninjas will kick down my door at 0300 hrs and roust me from bed at gunpoint. I'm not a bootlicker, SIMP or beta male. Just a guy that knows that of one lives life on the straight and narrow it's highly unlikely that one will have an encounter with the authorities. Just a gray man.
    History tells a different story but whatever floats your boat. Hopefully your kids or grandkids, or better yet, my kids or grandkids don't have to deal with the negative effects of this mentality.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge

You might not be breaking the law now, but wait till they pass one and have a record of you breaking that law 10 years ago! Think that won’t happen? It’s happened with cancel culture many times. Call me crazy but I don’t like being tracked traced and data based

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    You might not be breaking the law now, but wait till they pass one and have a record of you breaking that law 10 years ago! Think that won’t happen? It’s happened with cancel culture many times. Call me crazy but I don’t like being tracked traced and data based

It's against the Constitution to apply laws Ex Post Facto, if I remember correctly, but wannabe-tyrants will surely try.

Last edited:

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    History tells a different story but whatever floats your boat. Hopefully your kids or grandkids, or better yet, my kids or grandkids don't have to deal with the negative effects of this mentality.
    When in US history was there a different story told? An actual event that matches what you are vaguely describing? I'd like to know.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's against the Constitution to apply laws Ex Post Facto, if I remember correctly, but wannabe-tyrants will surely try.
    If you have done something multiple time because it was legal when you did it and it's now illegal, they know you have a propensity for doing that thing and you may find yourself under more scrutiny than the average Joe.

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    If you have done something multiple time because it was legal when you did it and it's now illegal, they know you have a propensity for doing that thing and you may find yourself under more scrutiny than the average Joe.
    Law Enforcement probably eyes me pretty hard.
    I'm a Conservative, an Ammo Guy and Handloader. I'm probably on lists. LMAO

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    When in US history was there a different story told? An actual event that matches what you are vaguely describing? I'd like to know.
    Well, there was that George Orwell book, 1984, but that’ll never happen…
    Oh wait…

Seriously though, to each his own. If you don’t value your privacy any more than that, you’ll fit right in soon enough. Anyone who doesn’t think that sooner than later the state will know all there is to know about them 24/7 is pretty naive at this point. If you haven’t guessed, there are no laws that actually prevent the police state from doing what it wants to do. Oh sure, there are laws that are meant to prevent such activity, but much like criminals ignore the law….
    Here’s a scenario for you:
    Horrendous murder is discovered. Detectives pull up cellular tracking data and the only ping the see within feet of the scene happens to belong to you. For whatever reason, right about the time they believe the murder occurred, you happened to be at the door of that home or doing something right near wherever the crime took place. Before you know it, you’re dragged into jail and questioned and have to retain an attorney and so on while you maybe miss work, fall under a mother lode of scrutiny from family, friends, boss and coworkers and suffer who knows what else. Even if you’re exonerated later, that’s a lot to go through and things like this have indeed happened. I bet I could search and find a plethora of examples where lack of privacy could or has led to untold harm to people. People who felt they had nothing to hide.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I did not state "US history tells a different story"
    The US has not been around very long in the grand scheme of things. Governments betraying their people on the other hand, well that's as old as history itself.
    Data collection / privacy invasion goes hand in hand with communism, I thought this was common knowledge.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Mag dump, I agree But we are talking about NOLA here. NOPD doesn’t have enough officers to patrol the streets much less monitor everyone on the streets. They can’t handle ankle monitoring, details or officer retention. How are they going to handle this? Poorly. They will get a lot of federal money to set up system. After a yr or two, funding goes away and cameras get shot out or neglected or the computer program becomes outdated. Like so many other great ideas NOLa leaders will kill it from lack of funding.
    But if you put up a sign on your own property criticizing Latoya the Destroya, then da comin afta yo A$$!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom