Not what I had planned for this morning. :(

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The 2014 Stang is going full euro-style, rounded body, IRS, AYC, and a 4cylTurbo/6cylTT. Numbers speculate at 45mpg/275hp and 35mpg and 400hp respectively. The Barracuda will have a 4cylT as its pony, and a classic V8. The stingray vette (which looks incredible...) will go v8/v8 in true vette fashion.

The only thing confirmed from Ford is that 2013 will be the last year of "the retro mustang", though they said that a "Classic" may now be a future pony in the stable. ie: Pony, GT, GT500, or GT Classic, GT00 Classic, etc.

Our guns are a hot subject right now, but man its a great time period to live in if you're a car enthusiast.

When will the '14 GT be available? It sounds very interesting to me. I would buy a car like that, as long as they don't mess up the body TOO much. It could use a bit of Euro, but not too much.

I like the C7, I just would rather downsize before my move/land/house experience than upsize. A CPO C7 after about 5-7 years of production and bug-fixing sounds good to me, though. The C6 took until '11-'13 to fully perfect, IMO (and the C5, until '03-04). I have no doubt the C7 will be that way, too.

ETA: Looks like the re-design will come late '14 as a '15 model. A bit further out than I want.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    because the crowd that buys a BRZ probably prefers to do the aftermarket work themselves. The import market has, for a decade now, considered a bare-bones vehicle more appealing... more money for their own customization and mods.

Whereas mustang/challenger type guys intake/exhaust and done. Just my opinion, no data to back this idea up.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Your replacement value is calculated by finding your same make/model/mileage and as many options as possible, then averaging the retail cost of not less than 3 vehicles within your geographic area. It's going to hurt to tell you this, but I'll tell you: your Z isn't 1 of a kind. In fact, there is a VIN reader online that you can plug yours into. Loaded NAV+Manual Gunmetal Metallic fetched me 71 results from carmax, kbc, and autotrader under 25k miles. Your MRR has a program that searches all these sites as well as current network inventory. They won't fk you on the total price.

Progressive, Geico, and some other big guys might do this and under Louisiana law, this is required, but most people are bullied into settling for the number that the claims rep throws out, which is often the lowest of the numbers their internal database or NADA has.

Don't be a sheep. Stand up for yourself and get what the car is worth if it is totaled. I doubt it is, which brings us to point 2.

My Vette is making noises after it was hit and repaired by a 'guaranteed' shop. Guess what? I'm screwed. So take it to the best shop you know. I didn't and I'm suffering from it.

Louisiana drivers are some of the worst in the nation. I've been hit from behind while stopped 5 times in this state. 3 times in traffic and twice at stop signs. Twice bad enough to total my car.

The first time they wanted to give me 10,000 for the totaled car. After reminding them of the law and requiring them to follow it, I got 15,100.

Big difference. They are not your friends.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Progressive, Geico, and some other big guys might do this and under Louisiana law, this is required, but most people are bullied into settling for the number that the claims rep throws out, which is often the lowest of the numbers their internal database or NADA has.

Don't be a sheep. Stand up for yourself and get what the car is worth if it is totaled. I doubt it is, which brings us to point 2.

My Vette is making noises after it was hit and repaired by a 'guaranteed' shop. Guess what? I'm screwed. So take it to the best shop you know. I didn't and I'm suffering from it.

Louisiana drivers are some of the worst in the nation. I've been hit from behind while stopped 5 times in this state. 3 times in traffic and twice at stop signs. Twice bad enough to total my car.

The first time they wanted to give me 10,000 for the totaled car. After reminding them of the law and requiring them to follow it, I got 15,100.

Big difference. They are not your friends.

Thanks, and yeah, I'm selling as soon as it's fixed for that very reason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom