Open Carry experience at BJ Pawn

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    well if you already knew the guy is a dumb ass that would not even sell you a rifle with a collapsible stock you should take your business to another shop..

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    OC = brandishing? :confused:

And wrong on the AR. It's a long gun and the law is 18 and up for long guns.

I never said OC=brandishing and neither did he. We all know from MEM and the guy on here at the hammond walmart last year thats you can catch a lot of hell for OC. Butch was probably alluding to that fact.

As far as 21 for an AR i remember the thing about being 21 to buy a lower because of the pistol possibility. Academy also has a store policy of 21 on them. I have already acknowledged my errors in previous posts.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    well if you already knew the guy is a dumb ass that would not even sell you a rifle with a collapsible stock you should take your business to another shop..

He is not a dumbass and all the AR's they sell have collapsable stocks so im pretty sure he knows theyre legal. Just like the poistol grip shotguns they sell. I think the OP may have embellished his story some and mistaken some details.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a different take on this. What good is a Constitutional Right if it could only be exercised in the presence of those not seriously ignorant of the law?
    We are now in the worst of tyrannies; that of legislation by police watch commander. The LAW should be the LAW and if someone in authority refuses to recognize the LAW, it should be THEIR PROBLEM, not the general public's problem.
    How would this thinking apply to our other basic rights from the Bill of Rights? What good would Freedom of Speech be if it could only be exercised in the presence of those who agree?
    The police must be made to respect the LAW, not their individual erroneous versions of the LAW. Anything less is an acceptance of TYRANNY !
    Therefore, respect of the right to open carry is needed, even from those who disagree with the activity.
    I rarely OC in recent years but respect the right of others to do so. The advisability of doing so is a totally different issue.
    leVieux

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    He is not a dumbass and all the AR's they sell have collapsable stocks so im pretty sure he knows theyre legal. Just like the poistol grip shotguns they sell. I think the OP may have embellished his story some and mistaken some details.
    Sorry it took so long for me to get back here, I just got home from friken school.

I don't open carry because it is cool, i open carry because i can't CC. I don't dress like a thug or killer. I look like a normal person and i'm friendly with everyone.

I was told i couldnt buy a AR15 there or any rifle with a pistol grip or collapsible stock, I don't remember if he said it or one of the other guys in there.. It wasnt recently and I've bought my rem 870 from there so I do like the place. I have a shitty memory i know there was more to the conversation today but that is what i got from what he said to me. I just said thanks and left.

I didn't make this thread to bash him, I wasn't sure if he was right and I could get in trouble about OC or if i was right. Now I don't know what he thinks of me after this crap. :(

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

Just curious why if you were not there, you somehow know what the owner meant with his statement, and are basically calling the OP a liar? Why are you defending someone so much when you have no idea what happened?

legg86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Tickfaw, LA
    Just curious why if you were not there, you somehow know what the owner meant with his statement, and are basically calling the OP a liar? Why are you defending someone so much when you have no idea what happened?

+1. my 2 cents on that issue. Even good guys can be jerks sometimes.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

We demand to know your relation to the store owner!!! Now !!! :mamoru:

Seriously I was wondering the same thing :confused:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Go back over there, leave your gun in the truck and ask him if he meant it was illegal for you to OC or if he was just trying to keep you out of trouble with the people that didn't know.Take him a copy of 14:95.8

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I have had nothing but good experiences at BJs.
    And some of their weapon prices are great.

So I will continue to do business with them.

AND, I usually have a gun on my hip when I go in and he's never batted an eye.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs

If you knew someone for years and someone claimed they did something you knew to be completely uncharacteristic of them you would defend them, especially if they were LEO or MIL. Butch is a veteran and I know the 2A stances on all the people there. They are all pro CHP, pro OC, and pro 2A. I wasnt calling him a liar, I simply meant when things arise and feeling get involved people can forget some of the words or parts to the story. The op admitted himself he could have been mistaken about the situation. Knowing them at BJ they were probably trying to keep him from getting hassled.

Please dont turn this into another pissing match between you and me. I have better things to do than that. I was simply backing up people I have known for the past 15 years.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I cant ever get in there anymore because I work all day but my dad still goes by to visit with them all the time. I will mention it to him.

Turbodog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Tangipahoa parish
    Remember that your actions when you OC reflect all of us CC'ing and gun owners in general, so be polite, professional, and tactful AT ALL TIMES, regardless of how mad you are or how crazy some dumbass is being. That thing on your hip out for the whole world to see is your right, and your liability. For as long as you OC, cops are going to be all over you, but they arent trying to harrass you, just trying to keep everyone safe. Remember that and be as cooperative as possible, even going beyond your responsibilities because it makes their job easier and your life better :)

I agree 100%, though I would also say it's gonna depend on how the officer approaches me. If he starts and keeps our interaction courteous and professional on his end, I'll make it courteous and cooperative on mine.

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    If you knew someone for years and someone claimed they did something you knew to be completely uncharacteristic of them you would defend them, especially if they were LEO or MIL. Butch is a veteran and I know the 2A stances on all the people there. They are all pro CHP, pro OC, and pro 2A. I wasnt calling him a liar, I simply meant when things arise and feeling get involved people can forget some of the words or parts to the story. The op admitted himself he could have been mistaken about the situation. Knowing them at BJ they were probably trying to keep him from getting hassled.

Please dont turn this into another pissing match between you and me. I have better things to do than that. I was simply backing up people I have known for the past 15 years.

I think he just didn't put it right, to me he sounded like it was illegal the way he was putting it. But I don't know him that good and i didn't know what his stance was on it or if he was the kind of person to fight for hours about stuff he was wrong about. With the AR15 stuff, I figured he just might not know so I said thanks and left.

I don't want to start a fight on here, im new to this place and I wasn't sure what was right so I made this.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Right

SIMPLICITY

My whole take on this issue is simple!

I had to look at my overall view of things happening in the world today!

Here what I came up with to help me cope:

I ask myself each morning when I awake wether I'd rather be RIGHT or HAPPY!

When I choose HAPPY all goes well.

It's just that SIMPLE!

So in discussions like this the choice is yours RIGHT or HAPPY

WHEW I don't know about you folks but I sure feel BETTER!:mamoru:

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    SIMPLICITY

My whole take on this issue is simple!

I had to look at my overall view of things happening in the world today!

Here what I came up with to help me cope:

I ask myself each morning when I awake wether I'd rather be RIGHT or HAPPY!

When I choose HAPPY all goes well.

It's just that SIMPLE!

So in discussions like this the choice is yours RIGHT or HAPPY

WHEW I don't know about you folks but I sure feel BETTER!:mamoru:

Are you saying you can't be both? :rofl:

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Orginism

Oh I'm sorry I should explain further the Right or Happy decision I make upon awakening.

On the rare occasions I am able to be happy and right thats when I experience an ORGANISM
    Hope that helps! :D

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom