Open Carry experience at BJ Pawn

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    it didnt make him uncomfortable i am sure. he was just probably letting him know that the wrong officer may detain him or harass him. we have all seen the stories of people catching crap for open carry. butch never said it was against the law.....he said he could get in trouble if someone felt threated and called the 5-0. and knowing him i would assume that his being too young statement probably meant that sheeple are more frightened seeing a younger person carrying than an old man(think columbine, etc).

keep in mind that everyone here is hearing one side to the story and the truth almost always is somewhere in the middle.

and i realize now i am wrong about the 21 on the AR, that is an academy policy. i apologize for my misinformation.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If the business owner really feels that way- and isn't just being a d*ck to a young man carrying a firearm- perhaps he should put a "NO FIREARMS" sticker on his front door. Surely that wouldn't cause anyone to no longer frequent his business, right? He could always say it's all in the name of keeping the peace.

In the words of Mr. Callahan: "Go ahead. Make my day....."

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    "NO FIREARMS" is not their policy. Read my above statement. I know the man.....being a **** to people is not in his nature. I am sure his statements and sentiments were misunderstood.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    and correct me if im wrong..but you have to be 21 to buy an ar across the counter in a store.

why would you have to be 21? it is a rifle. 21 to buy handguns, 18 to buy rifles.....

No one UNDER the age of 17 can Open Carry.
    No one UNDER the age of 18 can purchase a firearm.
    You have to be 21 to PURCHASE HANDGUN AMMO
    And we obviously all know here that you have to be 21 to obtain a CHP from Louisiana.

Louisiana Revised Statutes Annotated § 14:95.8(A) generally prohibits a juvenile (a person under 17 years of age) from knowingly possessing any handgun. Section 14:95.8(C) excepts a juvenile from this prohibition if he or she is:

Attending a hunter's safety course or a firearms safety course;

Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting at an established range;

Hunting or trapping pursuant to a valid license pursuant to the laws of Louisiana;

Traveling to or from any of the above activities while in possession of an unloaded gun;

On real property with the permission of his or her parent or legal guardian and with the permission of the owner or lessee of the property;

At such person's residence and who, with the permission of such person's parent or legal guardian, possesses a handgun; or

Possessing a handgun with the written permission of such person's parent or legal guardian, provided the person carries on his or her person a copy of such written permission.

There is no minimum age to possess rifles and shotguns in Louisiana.

Louisiana Revised Statutes Annotated § 14:91(A) prohibits any person from selling or otherwise delivering for value any firearm to a person under age 18. Lack of knowledge of the minor's age is not a defense. Id.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Can somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere about Chief of Police in Gonzales saying something like eventhough according to the law we are allowed to OC at the age of 18, he would not allow it in his town and this happen after that incident with the guy at the Outlet Mall few years back where the guy got his gun confiscated and he got thrown in jail for OC'ing??????? I tried to google it just now but I don't seem to vein able to find it, I'm also looking for it on the phone which makes it harder.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Can somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere about Chief of Police in Gonzales saying something like eventhough according to the law we are allowed to OC at the age of 18, he would not allow it in his town and this happen after that incident with the guy at the Outlet Mall few years back where the guy got his gun confiscated and he got thrown in jail for OC'ing??????? I tried to google it just now but I don't seem to vein able to find it, I'm also looking for it on the phone which makes it harder.

IOP4 :D

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    keep in mind that everyone here is hearing one side to the story and the truth almost always is somewhere in the middle.

he didnt say he wasnt allowed to oc....just warned he may get in trouble for it.

Ok well get him to tell his side of the story. Also how would he get into trouble if everything was doing was legal?

Ask him if he knows the law say's 17.

Does DSPD have that much money they are wanting to give away?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Go to the link below and ask for MEM.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_forum.php?id=26&sort_by=name

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Guys, if you OC, you are the most visible of gun owners. Your behavior must be exemplary. OCing to "show the flag" and rub your "right" in others' faces does nothing but reflect badly on all of us. OC is currently only protected by the state constitution which can be amended at the whim of the voters. (anyone who votes is bound to recall how many constitutional amendments are on the ballot nearly every election). Scare the soccer moms or make a general nuisance of yourselves and you will screw all of us.

Dan

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Guys, if you OC, you are the most visible of gun owners. Your behavior must be exemplary. OCing to "show the flag" and rub your "right" in others' faces does nothing but reflect badly on all of us. OC is currently only protected by the state constitution which can be amended at the whim of the voters. (anyone who votes is bound to recall how many constitutional amendments are on the ballot nearly every election). Scare the soccer moms or make a general nuisance of yourselves and you will screw all of us.

Dan

Best answer in this thread.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I've OC several times in Denham, including BJ's Pawn. No problems whatsoever.

I understand the frustration, being 28 myself and still being carded for cigarettes. However the guy did just give you an opinion. Don't take everything to heart so much. Maybe he was just trying to look out for you, maybe he was being a prick I don't know I wasn't there.

Now if you find yourself in the back of a police car in handcuffs for OCing thats a whole different ballgame. Bottom line is a citizen gave his opinion, a wrong one at that. Tell him politely to screw off and go about your business.

Daddy always told me to pick and choose my battles.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    While we are on the subject, would anyone be in favor of a statewide ban on open carry?

Top Bottom