Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Maybe they need to be chastised. They jumped to a conclusion, on a situation they don't know anything about. Then they placed the blame from a really sad event in entirely the wrong place. Officer shoots the dog because it was coming at him and he was trying to continue the foot pursuit and he didn't want to get bitten. It wasn't like he was in the people's back yard taking a sunday stroll. The dog chased the car jacker to the front yard, then saw the cop who was coming down the street and started running at him. So, a dog who is being aggressive towards one person turns his aggression on the officer and the officer shoots him. Big deal.

Even taking the pursuit/position as officer out of the equation, if I saw a guy run out of a yard, while being chased by a dog, then the dog started running at me, I'd shoot the dog in a heart beat.

For all of the idiots who are saying that their dogs are their children, look at your wife. Is she four legged and covered in hair? If not they aren't your children. I have 3 dogs, I love them all, but I would never be upset with the officer if I was in this situation.

:bowrofl:

Laughing at your hardliner never me statements. You don't like theirs but you do the same. Bad thing about absolute statements is that lots of time you end up with them hanging off you ass while you stare at your feet.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Glad to see all the cop hating is still alive and well on here. now I remember why I haven't checked this site out in a few months.

From a cop with an agressive dog that has gotten out and chased people............ I was supprised he didn't get shot since it was another cop's wife he was chasing after he broke out. If he gets agressive with me or my kids I'll shout the mother****er myself. I'll feel bad about the $$$$ I have invested but so goes life.

I have shot a dog and tased a few. Im not gonna get chewed up by someones dog. They may get the glock, may get the taser, but I am gonna not get bit, that **** hurts. If the glock is in my hand, guess its 180gr HPs for dinner.

All you iToughguys are real quick to judge...... Time for all you super-human civil rights criminal justice experts to drop the excuses and go get a comission, reserve, part time, or full time, and see what the job is really like. If you have a CHP and a valid DL then you can get on with no problem. Since you already have it all figured out training will be a breaze for you. You should be running the department after a few weeks.

Otherwise I and most of the other cops and several non-cops on here that I know personally think its about time for you all to shut the **** up.

I put up with enough ignorant fools telling me how I should do my job while at work. Here its just lagniappe and seems to consume nearly every topic revolving around anything involving Law Enforcement.

Admittedly it is not everyone, but is enough to really **** up the vibe of the entire board.

Whatever, **** it, enough time wasted.

For those that do, Thank you for supporting Law Enforcement. All else can get ****ed and call themselves next time they are a victim. After all, you do have all the answers!

:fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Glad to see all the cop hating is still alive and well on here. now I remember why I haven't checked this site out in a few months.

From a cop with an agressive dog that has gotten out and chased people............ I was supprised he didn't get shot since it was another cop's wife he was chasing after he broke out. If he gets agressive with me or my kids I'll shout the mother****er myself. I'll feel bad about the $$$$ I have invested but so goes life.

I have shot a dog and tased a few. Im not gonna get chewed up by someones dog. They may get the glock, may get the taser, but I am gonna not get bit, that **** hurts. If the glock is in my hand, guess its 180gr HPs for dinner.

All you iToughguys are real quick to judge...... Time for all you super-human civil rights criminal justice experts to drop the excuses and go get a comission, reserve, part time, or full time, and see what the job is really like. If you have a CHP and a valid DL then you can get on with no problem. Since you already have it all figured out training will be a breaze for you. You should be running the department after a few weeks.

Otherwise I and most of the other cops and several non-cops on here that I know personally think its about time for you all to shut the **** up.

I put up with enough ignorant fools telling me how I should do my job while at work. Here its just lagniappe and seems to consume nearly every topic revolving around anything involving Law Enforcement.

Admittedly it is not everyone, but is enough to really **** up the vibe of the entire board.

For those that do, Thank you for supporting Law Enforcement. All else can get ****ed and call themselves next time they are a victim. After all, you do have all the answers!

Just a guess...you monthly visitor is here ??

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

Don't worry about the cop haters on here.

They haven't figured out that all the cops know who they are and where they live and that their addresses are on our "Do Not Respond To" lists.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Don't worry about the cop haters on here.

They haven't figured out that all the cops know who they are and where they live and that their addresses are on our "Do Not Respond To" lists.

Jokes on y'all...I moved and didn't put the red sticker on my mailbox

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you're not PO'ed about the poor dog getting killed then you just might get seriously PO'ed if you read the front page article of the LC American Press of Friday, July 6th.

The LC Deputy police chief is seriously chastising the Citizens of the area who became outraged over the shooting.

I wish I could provide a link but to view their paper online you have to be a paid online subscriber, which I am not.

:dunno:

Damn police chief taking his officers side, how dare him. You need to stick to the "sky is falling" articles

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    So a guy runs up shooting "at" you, kills your dog, you don't react to that? Someone runs up to my door while my dog and I are outside shooting I am blasting them. Period. The cops that think they own the world need a wake up. You work for the people. You are just a man and if you don't respect my domain you will end there. That's just the way I feel.

To your itoughguy comments, I don't think they're justified. I have been in warzones in Afghanistan and Iraq almost continuously since 2003 and have been on the receiving end of all the internet-tough douchebags threatening to beat me up numerous times. I usually tell them if they want to meet me in Kandahar, to name a time... lol

Anyway, don't come in my yard shooting, and don't call me an iToughguy. If you don't like those statements, go take a flying leap.

That is all...

-Neal

Thanks for your service.

Also, just because someone was there doesn't mean they did anything. When I was in Kandahar I was on a base that had some "Heroes" who only went outside the wire to cross the Highway and go to the KAF. These same "Heroes" would gear up and pose for "Hurrah" photos inside of the wire. I'm sure they told their families back at home some really "awesome" stories.

Just some food for thought...

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I do not believe that. I have only met seals, recon, combat medics, green berets and tier 1 contractor/assasin/mercenaries

I retracts previous question

Hunh Bruh, I spent a while in Southern Afghanistan as a contractor and the group I was in left the base daily. We did not see any "action". I'm sure I could make up stories that no one could verify, but I don't get down like that.

JR1572

Top Bottom