Pet Peeve thread #2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    When I hear freaky sounds. I'm the only one in the building but I swear a couple hours ago I heard a female voice saying "hello?" several times. :noes:

Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night
    And wouldn't you love to love her?

She is like a cat in the dark
    And then she is the darkness

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    when someone on tv or in a movie or video game reloads a gun they always load one into the chamber even when there was already a round in the chamber

how someone famous can be forgiven of everything horrible they've done just because they're famous

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    If we are going to bring up grammar, "who" vs. "whom" is a very tangible topic. "That' refers to an object, not a person.

"Whom is that man over there?"
    "That is Johnny Q."

Problem is, Johnny is a person, not an "it".

Grammar is a whole different universe here. Same with spelling.

A peeve of mine is the confusion of "affect" and "effect." The former is a verb and the latter can be both a verb and a noun.

Modifying unique is another. It's either unique or it's not.

I wasn't that hot in English in prep school and college, but when I started working in a chem plant in St. James Parish, I was a friggin' expert.

Language is for communication. Convoluted syntax and grammar makes it hard to understand many times.
    :ohreally:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    That all of my centerfire short barreled pistols have considerable recoil and NONE of the pistols used by the cast of Walking Dead season three seem to have any recoil at all.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Gun Forum members with thousands of post in every subject matter imagineable with a total gun culture knowledge that could fit inside a BB with room to spare. (Expecially when you get +1000 post inside 6 months, your post count is not a badge of honor or a status symbol. Chill out over achiever!)

The optics and long range ballistics "Experts"! Those are my favorites.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    A dead stand still in traffic, adding up to a 15 minute delay, with NO accident or construction to cause it-- only a narrowing of the lanes or a bridge that IDIOT drivers can't maintain their speed through/over.

The 'tard(s) in most shipping departments, likely hitting the crack pipe as they pick items to send out.

The waste of flesh that installed my newest cable lines-- costing the awesome dude who came out today over an hour as he fixed all of the most pertinent screw ups. (Free beer to who can tell me what the first guy looked like, when compared to the second...)

The moron tech before that who took my digital box, replaced it with a DVR... and then didn't make a note of it, so I've been charged for an extra box for *6 years*. (Nearly identical to the idiot from the previous peeve.)

People that wait in a long line and after finally pouring through the door we're all crowding around, stop about 10 feet inside and hold up the flow. WHAT DO YOU THINK WE WERE WAITING ON, CLOWN?!?!

The fact that I know how to solve these problems, en masse, but... it's historically frowned upon. :mamoru:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Tire kickers in the for sale section. Usually new members, that ask 10 questions never to be heard from again. Or have so many PM's in their inbox that you can't even respond.

AND LOW BALLERS!!! If I wanted to gift the MF'er I would have dropped it off at GoodWill or taken it up the rectum at a pawn shop!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Another on the subject of movies: Pre-1890 revolvers that are capable of firing more times than an M-60 without ever having to reload.

I liked Tombstone as much as the next man- but they're guilty as hell of this in that flick....:o

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Humans in general!

And people that talk on cell phones in restaurants. What is wrong with them? Christ sakes, can't you excuse yourself and go outside or to the restroom?

And let's not forget you garbage piles of s**t smoking litterering scum! Yeah, that's right! You worthless sacks of fecal discharge. Keep those dammned butts in your vehicle. You know who you are! Bet you won't declare it here lest you be ostracized as a waste of air and space.

You are an embarrassment to your races, religion, children, parents (unless they are scum too), and society. Do you really think that people don't see you? What mental malfunction makes you think that you have the right to dispose of that crap on the public streets? Isn't it bad enough that when you have to stand outside of a public building to suck on that dogs**t, people that pass you look at you like you are 3rd class lepers? Do you realize how pathetic a bunch of you look standing in the freezing cold at the back door of your work place because you have been discarded from society?

If you smoke that crap, more power to you! But if you do; dispose of it properly!

:D

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    When you punch someone dead square in the face and the cheap,mall kiosk shades he's wearing breaks and gashes your knuckles then someone comes and cleans your wounds with vodka while the guy you just knocked out gets up so you end up breaking the bottle of vodka over his head,and by doing that,you somehow get a small piece of glass in your eyeball!!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    People that can spend enough time on a forum to have over 6k posts in less than 2 years.

haha, here we go!

stirthepot.gif

Edit:

DOOR TO DOOR SOLICITORS....trying to get points for some program to go on a trip out of the country...********.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Humans in general!

And people that talk on cell phones in restaurants. What is wrong with them? Christ sakes, can't you excuse yourself and go outside or to the restroom?

And let's not forget you garbage piles of s**t smoking litterering scum! Yeah, that's right! You worthless sacks of fecal discharge. Keep those dammned butts in your vehicle. You know who you are! Bet you won't declare it here lest you be ostracized as a waste of air and space.

You are an embarrassment to your races, religion, children, parents (unless they are scum too), and society. Do you really think that people don't see you? What mental malfunction makes you think that you have the right to dispose of that crap on the public streets? Isn't it bad enough that when you have to stand outside of a public building to suck on that dogs**t, people that pass you look at you like you are 3rd class lepers? Do you realize how pathetic a bunch of you look standing in the freezing cold at the back door of your work place because you have been discarded from society?

If you smoke that crap, more power to you! But if you do; dispose of it properly!

:D

I threw one out of the window today and thought of you.

Edited to add: and giggled when I did it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom