Pitted at 122 MPH. Has to be a record.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    PIT maneuver at 122 mph, in Arkansas. Female drive was doing 90 mph in a neighborhood earlier. Had no DL, registration, or insurance. She was ejected but survived. Divionna wasn't wearing a seatbelt. PIT @ 9:00, skip all the fluff. Never seen or heard of a PIT at 120.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Whether I agree with this or not, the detractors will say the cops should have terminated the pursuit when she started driving 90 in a residential neighborhood. Some department policies would require the officer to terminate a pursuit if the pursuit itself becomes more dangerous to the public than the initial offense.

Gumby Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2024
    Jackson Ms metro
    JMO
    trooper had several occasions to do the bump at lower speeds but was out of position. If the perp ever has another chance to run, I bet she doesn’t! Good work ASP!!

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Whether I agree with this or not, the detractors will say the cops should have terminated the pursuit when she started driving 90 in a residential neighborhood. Some department policies would require the officer to terminate a pursuit if the pursuit itself becomes more dangerous to the public than the initial offense.
    You mean like NOPD ? Dont they terminate the pursuit if harsh language or stern looks are given (eye roll)....Hence why LSP is the only one chasing in NOLA.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    You mean like NOPD ? Dont they terminate the pursuit if harsh language or stern looks are given (eye roll)....Hence why LSP is the only one chasing in NOLA.
    A few years ago, a Detective I know from the 7th District involved JPSO and Kenner PD in a 10-28 that started in New Orleans. Despite the fact that it was a 67A involving a car jacker, my friend was written up for "Driving Against Traffic" instead of any commendation for taking that dangerous perp off the street.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    A few years ago, a Detective I know from the 7th District involved JPSO and Kenner PD in a 10-28 that started in New Orleans. Despite the fact that it was a 67A involving a car jacker, my friend was written up for "Driving Against Traffic" instead of any commendation for taking that dangerous perp off the street.
    Of course. To them a write up is more important than a 108.1

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anything over 30-60 (Depending on Dept. Policy) is considered a deadly force maneuver. Has to be justified to that level, and not just a pursuit intervention maneuver.
    I was under the impression that Arkansas State Police don't have that policy as this has happened quite a few times.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Yep. And the criminals know it. I wonder if that discourages or encourages people running.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that write up was put out in a news release.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah, well I know a guy who had a 1492 in a 12-65 that also involved a TinkerBell-Bravo-7-Charlie. Thankfully it was rectified with an ABVO unit and a bunch of 10-4 gammas. Scary stuff.

Top Bottom