Policemen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Paul Harvey recorded this a few years ago, unfortunately many things have changed since then.....

whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    It hate it when those YouTube videos say "turn on captions", but its not captioned!

Here ya go Dave--------

A Policeman is a composite of what all men are, mingling of a saint and sinner, dust and deity.

Gulled statistics wave the fan over the stinkers, underscore instances of dishonesty and brutality because they are "new". What they really mean is that they are exceptional, unusual, not commonplace.

Buried under the frost is the fact: Less than one-half of one percent of policemen misfit the uniform. That's a better average than you'd find among clergy!

What is a policeman made of? He, of all men, is once the most needed and the most unwanted. He's a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to his face and "fuzz" to his back

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals so that each will think he won.

But...If the policeman is neat, he's conceited; if he's careless, he's a bum. If he's pleasant, he's flirting;if not, he's a grouch.

He must make an instant decision which would require months for a lawyer to make.

But...If he hurries, he's careless; if he's deliberate, he's lazy. He must be first to an accident and infallible with his diagnosis. He must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints and, above all, be sure the victim goes home without a limp. Or expect to be sued.

The police officer must know every gun, draw on the run, and hit where it doesn't hurt.He must be able to whip two men twice his size and half his age without damaging his uniform and without being "brutal". If you hit him, he's a coward. If he hits you, he's a bully.

A policeman must know everything-and not tell. He must know where all the sin is and not partake.

A policeman must, from a single strand of hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal- and tell you where the criminal is hiding.

But...If he catches the criminal, he's lucky; if he doesn't, he's a dunce. If he gets promoted, he has political pull; if he doesn't, he's a dullard. The policeman must chase a bum lead to a dead-end, stake out ten nights to tag one witness who saw it happen-but refused to remember.

The policeman must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy and a gentleman.

And, of course, he'd have to be genius....For he will have to feed a family on a policeman's salary.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Here ya go Dave--------

A Policeman is a composite of what all men are, mingling of a saint and sinner, dust and deity.

Gulled statistics wave the fan over the stinkers, underscore instances of dishonesty and brutality because they are "new". What they really mean is that they are exceptional, unusual, not commonplace.

Buried under the frost is the fact: Less than one-half of one percent of policemen misfit the uniform. That's a better average than you'd find among clergy!

What is a policeman made of? He, of all men, is once the most needed and the most unwanted. He's a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to his face and "fuzz" to his back

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals so that each will think he won.

But...If the policeman is neat, he's conceited; if he's careless, he's a bum. If he's pleasant, he's flirting;if not, he's a grouch.

He must make an instant decision which would require months for a lawyer to make.

But...If he hurries, he's careless; if he's deliberate, he's lazy. He must be first to an accident and infallible with his diagnosis. He must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints and, above all, be sure the victim goes home without a limp. Or expect to be sued.

The police officer must know every gun, draw on the run, and hit where it doesn't hurt.He must be able to whip two men twice his size and half his age without damaging his uniform and without being "brutal". If you hit him, he's a coward. If he hits you, he's a bully.

A policeman must know everything-and not tell. He must know where all the sin is and not partake.

A policeman must, from a single strand of hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal- and tell you where the criminal is hiding.

But...If he catches the criminal, he's lucky; if he doesn't, he's a dunce. If he gets promoted, he has political pull; if he doesn't, he's a dullard. The policeman must chase a bum lead to a dead-end, stake out ten nights to tag one witness who saw it happen-but refused to remember.

The policeman must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy and a gentleman.

And, of course, he'd have to be genius....For he will have to feed a family on a policeman's salary.

My friend, that is extremely generous. I wish we had more people like you. Thank you very much!

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    They are gods walking among us lowly stupid civillians.

I know people like you. Have years of expert experience. You pulled the wings off of butterflies when you were a kid. Still do, in fact. Kick puppies. Hate Mom's apple pie. Start stripping, Mister.

(Hey Bam, are you today's designated basher? I could use the break.)

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I'm not bashing cops or military just wanted to see how fast nolacopusmc would respond and label me as one.I am very thankfull to the police who are protecting America.I just get burnt out on some ppl here that always bash ppl who aren't cops.Especialy when you cannot put them on your ignore list because they are a moderator.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm not bashing cops or military just wanted to see how fast nolacopusmc would respond and label me as one.I am very thankfull to the police who are protecting America.I just get burnt out on some ppl here that always bash ppl who aren't cops.Especialy when you cannot put them on your ignore list because they are a moderator.

So you were just being an ass right? Took a perfectly good thread and had to inject negativity?

I am glad I am so important to you.:rolleyes:

SOme people......

Who bashes people who aren't cops and is a moderator?

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

Don't you think that's immature?

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Well Dave if your talkiing about not being able to put him on your ignore list than yes that is childish.I think you should be able to put anyone on your ignore list so you don't have to see there dribble.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Well Dave if your talkiing about not being able to put him on your ignore list than yes that is childish.I think you should be able to put anyone on your ignore list so you don't have to see there dribble.
    Ii guess I have moved into your head and I ain't leaving.....LOL

god-damn-little-man.gif

If you can't stand the heat.......:cool:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom