Prayers needed**Final Update 13 June**

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I just got back from the vet hospital. Had to rush my 5 yr old Dachshund there where he will be having emergency spinal surgery tomorrow at 0900.:(
    Please keep him in your prayers as well as his "mommy" (my wife) who is borderline basketcase. He's going to be there for 10-14 days to recover from surgery. I guess you have to really be a dog person to understand, but my two dach's are my four legged children.

Thanks,
    Dave

Last edited:

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    Done, One of my customers had to do the same thing. His hurt his back jumping and needed surgery. Even made him a little ramp to his doggie door.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Thanks guys!!!!
    Tonight's gonna be rough. It'll be the first time since we've had him, that he won't be sleeping in bed with us.:hs:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    We lost our Dachshund when I was a kid. He got out and my sister and I were chasing down the street and some ******* kicked him and broke his back. We didn't have money for the surgery so the vet put him down.

Things would turn out differently if someone did something like that to me or my dog today.

Best wishes to your four legged friend.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    We lost our Dachshund when I was a kid. He got out and my sister and I were chasing down the street and some ******* kicked him and broke his back. We didn't have money for the surgery so the vet put him down.

Things would turn out differently if someone did something like that to me or my dog today.

:eek3::eek3: I would've went to jail for what I'd do to that dude.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    This is Doug's wife. I just want to let you know that your family and puppy will be in our prayers. We had adopted a male dachshund in Feb of this year. He was diganosed with heart worms but at the time the vet said he seemed fine. We just need to get some weight on him so he could go through the procedure to get rid of the heart worms. Well unfortunately our Willie took a turn for the worst last month and had emergency surgery. He was at the vet for a week and unfortunately passed the night I brought him home. I know what your wife must be going through and pray that he will be just fine.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

F'n people! I can't even think about something like that happening. One thing for sure, I would be spending the rest of my life in prison if I saw someone try to hurt/kill my dogs on purpose! I'm sorry you had to lose a pet that way.
    The vet told us that we'd be surprised how many people put their dogs down because they can't afford the surgery. It's sad. As it is, tomorrow is going to run:
    1-Rock River AR
    1-Hk Mark 23 SOCOM
    1-Desert Eagle .357

At least that's what I won't be buying.:hs:

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Dave,

I know what you mean! Before we had kids the dogs were our kids, and now that we have two kids we still have two other kids! I've had a dog almost my entire 46 years. I couldn't imagine not having one. I also have a "warm blooded heat seeking missile" myself, his name is Schatzi and we have a female name Nina. Both are great dogs. Sorry to hear about your dogs problems, but we have spent a ton of money before on our "other" kids. You do what you have to for them.

100_5111.jpg

102_0112.jpg

Hope everything goes well and prayers will be sent.

Bam Bam

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Weenie dogs are prone to spinal injury; I'm so sorry to read about this. I'll keep you and the family in my prayers.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dave, I will send a big prayer to you and your family. I have a 2 y/o Mini myself named Delacroix. He hasn't needed anything surgeries yet, but he may in the near future. He always seems to find a way to jump off of something. And they sure do love to snuggle.

Anyway, I hope everything goes well, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

And to kcinnick, I truly hope the heartless SOB who kicked your dog rots in hell for eternity. That story broke my heart. He is someplace much better now.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Thanks again everybody! I'll be holding my breath till ~1200, when he should be coming out.
    *** UPDATE***
    Just got word from the vet that surgery went well and he should be GTG! Thanks again for everybody's thoughts and prayers!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom