Precision...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Precision

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2006
    Yes, it is true that Precision is for sale. Actually, there is a sale pending, but nothing is a done deal until it is a done deal. If it does not work out with this particular buyer, there are several other parties interested, so it will be sold whether it be to this individual or someone else.

Thanks,
    Precision

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    To all Precision customers:
    We define "rapid fire" as gunfire that results from a person pulling the trigger as fast as they can.

Precision,

I called your range earlier this week to find out if you allow rifles. I spoke to some guy (I think his name was Kevin) that was a complete ass to me. He wanted to know what type of rifle and told him it was an "AK type". He then started threatening to "ban me for life" if I shot too fast. I asked him to clarify and he treated me like an idiot (maybe I am but that is another thread) for even asking and told me to not even bother coming to the range because I wanted to know what you consider "rapid fire".

Is that how you treat all your customers?

Jim

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    thinking about going there this evening... Most convenient place for my gf and I to shoot. Sadly, I have school everyday while the EBRSO range is open :(

Its not bad, wouldnt mind a bigger LEO discount ;)

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    Precision,

I called your range earlier this week to find out if you allow rifles. I spoke to some guy (I think his name was Kevin) that was a complete ass to me. He wanted to know what type of rifle and told him it was an "AK type". He then started threatening to "ban me for life" if I shot too fast. I asked him to clarify and he treated me like an idiot (maybe I am but that is another thread) for even asking and told me to not even bother coming to the range because I wanted to know what you consider "rapid fire".

Is that how you treat all your customers?

Jim
    i too have had a bad experience with a precision representative, albeit at a gun show.

man with dark hair, goatee and sporting the typical armchair commando beergut was manning the table and talking to the person at the table next to his.

i was in the market for an M1A at the time but at the precision table they were selling a garand chambered in .308 that perked my interest. i picked it up and started examining it.

precision representative turned to me and started screaming profanities and snatched the rifle out of my hand and slammed it back down on the table. if this guy wasn't such a cuntcake i probably would have parted ways with the large sum of cash i had brought along with me and gone home with the rifle.

my roommate was there to witness this event and i have since not given precision any of my business which at the time was weekly shooting.

walking around the show after that we came upon another employee of precision that i recognized, there not as a representative but as a gun enthusiast. i told him of the events that had just occured and he was nice enough to point out that the gentleman working the table was one of the owners.

apparently my incident wasn't an isolated one.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Dang, the only problem I ever had at Precision was I wanted to rent one of the full-autos on a weekend, and none of the employees there were authorized to rent the full-autos. I wanted to shoot some full autos VERY BAD that weekend, especially after driving up from Lafayette to go shooting. So, I went to Red Stick and blasted away with a few of Will's goodies.

Other than that, I have been to Precision many times between 2000 and 2004, until I stopped working in Baton Rouge. Now I mainly go to Sherburne and Barney's.

Phaetos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Last time I drove by Precision the sign was still up that it was for sale. Also, the people behind the counter is a hit and miss as to when you show up. Some guys are total putzes, others are nice enough to talk to you decently. Some think they are just the **** because they carry H&K's around on their hips during work. Woop di doo!

johngunguy

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    LEANDER, TEXAS
    My son and I had occassion to be in Baton Rouge last weekend so we decided to do some shooting at Precision. We were treated okay but I did have to buy a 1911 mag because I forgot mine. Boy they were high, the Wilson costs $30 but that was my fault. The bad experience was the ventilation system, if there is one. We could only stay about 45 minutes due to the poor air conditions. We were shooting on the right side of the range and due to several of the target carriers being out of wack there was only three shooting on that side but the air still was really rank and heavy with smoke.

I am used to a bit better air quality at F.I.T.S. in Slidell although I rather shoot at Honey Island and not have that nasty taste in my mouth after shooting at an indoor range. Indoor ranges are just too convenient to pass up when time is an issue or weather conditions are poor.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    They must be having problems with it, I havent really noticed it being BAD in there in the times I've gone. The vent system on the rifle range leaves a bit to be desired but it isnt horrible. Like you said, its too convenient at times.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I'll second the last post by topgunz... I've never noticed it too be BAD! Though, I seriously would rather ANY outdoor range to one of the indoor ranges. There is just something about being able to pop a few caps and not having to smell like gun powder for the rest of the day. (Even though I love the smell)

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Been going to Precision since it was the Range. Never a problem Always helpful and polite. Will continue using them. Went to Redschtick once and only once.

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    Picking an indoor range in BR is like picking the lesser of two evils in my opinion. I'm usually content waiting for a sunny day to shoot in a field/pasture or at a wildlife management area.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Today (March 20) is the first day that Precision will be open under its new ownership. They were closed all day yesterday to organize the transition.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Has there been any changes to Precision since it became under new ownership?:peep:
    Like hours, prices, etc.??:awais:

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    I didn't notice a change, but I really wasn't looking. Every gun is gone, though. A worker told me that the new owner doesn't have an FFL yet. :doh:

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    They're definitely renovating. I went in the other day, they had 2 guns in the rental case and a whole bunch of changes going on. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Top Bottom