Pure awesome - Help Overturn 18 USC 922(o) and NFA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Cool, thanks for making my assumptions for me.

Moving along...

I'll add this:

What happens when the lawyer goes up there and brings all kinds of attention to this issue and a bunch politicians decide that we should not be allowed to own ANY NEW NFA ITEMS and we can no longer buy any of these things?

What happens then?

I wouldn't risk that.

JR1572

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    You must own a MAC.

I'm against this. I think SBS/SBR/Suppressors/AOW should be removed from the registry. All of those things are currently produced and should not require a tax stamp or the long wait. Leave the MG's alone.

JR1572
    For some reason I knew you would be...

To Hell with my Constitutionally protected rights, as long as "investor's interest" is protected.

May your chains rest lightly and all that.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    You must own a MAC.

I'm against this. I think SBS/SBR/Suppressors/AOW should be removed from the registry. All of those things are currently produced and should not require a tax stamp or the long wait. Leave the MG's alone.

JR1572

Machine guns are currently produced also, correct? I imagine cans would fall in cost dramitcally also if this goes as many here hope, but you don't hear those of us with 10 to 20 suppressors saying they should remain on the registry. Look at what they cost in places that they are sold over the counter.....

Yeah, I can see your point about unwanted attention / those in power wanting to ban NFA items as a whole, but that is already slowly happening (see 41p).

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    You must own a MAC.

JR1572
    To protect the interests of those who spent piles of cash to buy FA weapons? Foolishness.

Sent via dixie cup string phone.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Machine guns are currently produced also, correct? I imagine cans would fall in cost dramitcally also if this goes as many here hope, but you don't hear those of us with 10 to 20 suppressors saying they should remain on the registry. Look at what they cost in places that they are sold over the counter.....

Yeah, I can see your point about unwanted attention / those in power wanting to ban NFA items as a whole, but that is already slowly happening (see 41p).

The public can only purchase machine guns manufactured prior to a date in 1986.

JR1572

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    I took a HUGE hit in my collections value when the AWB expired. At least as much as the average MG owning guy would.

I didn't complain once, although I did say I was never so happy to loss value. I didn't lose a moments sleep over that.

It is unlikely this will be overturned. It is necessary to continue the fight IMO.

I don't know that in practice it would be a good idea in the world today to have a bunch of FA guns sold over the counter with no hindrance whatsoever, but I am absolutely sure that the FEDERAL government need not make that decision.

A return to states rights is a return to the ability for people to vote with their feet.

I know the powers that be will strangle this to the best of their ability - which is substantial - but "Machine Gun Sammy" is on the bench, so never say never.

As to the impact on collectors collections - c'est la vie said the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell. They bought an EQUITY. Value is subject to change, and what goes up... you know the rest, so don't act like it can't won't or shouldn't happen.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Not true. Members of the public who have associations with law enforcement or manufacturing can. We have two standards.

Those are exceptions to the rule. Those exceptions are being misused to circumvent the rules. Dealers and manufacturers still need to get signed demo letters...

JR1572

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Those are exceptions to the rule. Those exceptions are being misused to circumvent the rules. Dealers and manufacturers still need to get signed demo letters...

JR1572

True, very true. If and when the powers that be finally figure out how that hole is being exploited, it will be shut down.

As much as I like the idea of **** canning NFA all together, I'm a realist. Do we really want anyone to be able to buy a FA SMG at Wal-Mart? I'm all for getting suppressors, AOWs, and SBRs moved from NFA and I think that is a much more practical and plausible pursuit. If it is successful and we want to work to get rid of NFA after that, than so be it. I think the cart is in front of the horse on this, but, hey......

what do I know?

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    The public can only purchase machine guns manufactured prior to a date in 1986.

JR1572

JR1572

I'm aware of these things. I just didn't see how stating "suppressors / sbrs/ AOWS are still being produced" is relavent, when machine guns are too. I can see now what you were trying to say.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area

JR1572

To be clear, I meant LE in general.

Along the lines of "militarization of police" I don't see why police need FA.

Suppressive fire in urban environments? Not really.

Does SWAT need FA to put down guys they are hitting hard and fast with a concerted team effort? Not so much.

FA is for grins, giggles, and war.

I'm all for having my opinion changed here but I don't believe there needs to be a standard for the "public" and the people that serve the public - are they not part of the public as well?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Does SWAT need FA to put down guys they are hitting hard and fast with a concerted team effort? Not so much.

I'm all for having my opinion changed here but I don't believe there needs to be a standard for the "public" and the people that serve the public - are they not part of the public as well?

So since the public cannot get and have to go through the NFA process, the police shouldn't have them?

Really, are you running for public office?

JR1572

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Lol, I thought we were past this "us vs them" thing.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I don't know why it's so hard to accept that LE will always be allowed things the general population cannot have. Be it blue lights or FA weapons.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I'll start by saying, I don't own any FA toys; but I can't see the practicality of LEO having FA on duty. I support anyone having them though as a toy; I just can't see a situation that couldn't be served with simi-auto in a law enforcement (in America) situation.......Now military and WHEN isis starts here; that's another story. I sure would like to save $200 for each item and be able to afford more NFA items. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    True, very true. If and when the powers that be finally figure out how that hole is being exploited, it will be shut down.

As much as I like the idea of **** canning NFA all together, I'm a realist. Do we really want anyone to be able to buy a FA SMG at Wal-Mart? I'm all for getting suppressors, AOWs, and SBRs moved from NFA and I think that is a much more practical and plausible pursuit. If it is successful and we want to work to get rid of NFA after that, than so be it. I think the cart is in front of the horse on this, but, hey......

what do I know?

Do we really want anyone to be able to buy a FA SMG at Wal-Mart?

YES!! Anyone who can buy a firearm should be able to buy a FA.

Why should they not be able to?

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Do we really want anyone to be able to buy a FA SMG at Wal-Mart?

YES!! Anyone who can buy a firearm should be able to buy a FA.

Why should they not be able to?

+1

If you can't trust someone with full auto, you can't trust him with semi-auto, bolt-action, single-shot, or anything particularly sharp, heavy or pointy.

Top Bottom