Pure awesome - Help Overturn 18 USC 922(o) and NFA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    I was just going to post about this.

Can we get the title changed so that folks will notice and hopefully donate?

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Just made a small contribution.

When enacted in '34 the legislature knew it was borderline unconstitutional (it was roughly a 100% excise tax at the time of passage). FOPA in '86 was essentially a further restriction on the restriction.

I don't know if this will go anywhere but it's nice to see. I think in our lifetimes we could be back to being able to buy full auto, etc.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I just read very quickly the first ten pages of the complaint that was filed. Very interesting point were brought up. Once I get home tonight I plan to read the whole thing. I will most likely make a donation as well. Thanks to the OP for sharing this.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Every 5-10-20-50 adds up.

I don't know how many millions it would take to overturn it, but where there is a will and a tricky attorney...

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    So all the people that have pre-86 machine guns will get screwed and their guns will be worthless if this gets repealed?

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Yep! I will gladly take that hit to get the NFA crap fixed.

You must own a MAC.

I'm against this. I think SBS/SBR/Suppressors/AOW should be removed from the registry. All of those things are currently produced and should not require a tax stamp or the long wait. Leave the MG's alone.

JR1572

Dock Rocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Jackson, MS
    Uhh no. This is just the browning gear. Not all pre 86 but many are. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415380533.403354.jpg

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    So all the people that have pre-86 machine guns will get screwed and their guns will be worthless if this gets repealed?

JR1572

Yep, those "collectors" who care more about the value of their collections than our freedoms as Americans can quite frankly go **** themselves.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Every 5-10-20-50 adds up.

I don't know how many millions it would take to overturn it, but where there is a will and a tricky attorney...

Yep! The question is fairly straightforward as these things go. I just hope he gets good venues.

I wonder, if this actually got off the ground, if the NRA would stand-up behind this guy or not. They helped pass FOPA in '86, so would they help neuter some of it?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Uhh no. This is just the browning gear. Not all pre 86 but many are. View attachment 53692

Oh ok...

Yep, those "collectors" who care more about the value of their collections than our freedoms as Americans can quite frankly go **** themselves.

Wow toughy-mc-tougherton. You're a regular old Internet tough guy. As usual you're off with your assumption.

In the end, a slimy lawyer will walk away with some money and NOTHING will change. The powers that be will do everything they can to prevent this from happening.

Just wait and see.

JR1572

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Oh ok...

Wow toughy-mc-tougherton. You're a regular old Internet tough guy. As usual you're off with your assumption.

In the end, a slimy lawyer will walk away with some money and NOTHING will change. The powers that be will do everything they can to prevent this from happening.

Just wait and see.

JR1572

Yep that's me! :)

What is my assumption?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom