Re: Reposts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    The recent changes on BS.COM has shed light on an apparently big problem little known to me a casual poster. The new Policy on Reporting Posts has revealed much about some of our members. http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...ans-New-Policy-on-Reporting-Posts-Please-Read!!! It is truly sad rules have to be created and enforced when members cease to be courteous and civil to each other. In the future if a member makes a mistake and accidentally reposts something. Please PM them I'm sure they will be thankful you did and correct it.

pain out

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Charles honey, it was reporting posts, not reposting posts. ;)

I'm not the only one but Pangris and I had a mini-discussion. I had trouble opening a thread because it had unrecognizable symbols. Extra apostrophes and such. Instead of backing out and opening a PM toa mod, or going to the issues forum, I hit "report" and asked them to fix it. So I basically spammed everybody's cellphone, tablet and desktop. ;)

Unless it's a Big Deal, don't. I think that also includes the boohoo he made me cry posts. Would you call 911 if your teenager is misbehaving sort of deal.

That's what I took from it. That and "sh*t's getting real around here".

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Feels like 1941 Germany around here. Glad I just look at the classifieds and try really hard not to participate.

Not at all. Do you know how many truly knowledgable people we've lost because of the way it's been for quite a while? Yes even some of my posts have helped create the problem. If this all means getting back to guns and a little family feel in off topic, fine.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Charles honey, it was reporting posts, not reporting REposts. ;)

FIFY - I get it now

Would you call 911 if your teenager is misbehaving sort of deal.

That was my point. Are we a bunch of titty babies or grown adults?

Feels like 1941 Germany around here. Glad I just look at the classifieds and try really hard not to participate

Not my point or the direction I wanted this post to go.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    FIFY - I get it now

That was my point. Are we a bunch of titty babies or grown men?

Grown men ( and a couple women) but that whole reporting issue has to do with stuff that doesn't necessarily need to blow up everybody's cell phone. I don't think it has to do so much with the banning of everybody, and enforcement of rules.

I genuinely think it happened to occur during a time when we're overhauling the website, and Site Management finally decided to explain how the report function works. More of an "BTW, while we're at it" deal.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    My whole point was we are all part of a Gun Community and supposed to have something in common. If someone makes a mistake be courteous and PM them so they can correct it. If they are rude and don't then take further action. I agree with Steve. Jeremy gave everyone a lot of latitude. The need for change has been a slow digression until until what had to happen happened. The whole point of my post was 1. I had no idea things behind the scenes were so bad, 2. Let's all try to be more civil to each other. :)

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Then feel free to leave; nobody is keeping you here.

You've been around long enough to know that this board was basically unregulated for many years. That was working well enough, until it wasn't any longer. We know WHY it stopped working. Rather than just shut the thing down (which, I understand, was his first inclination), Jeremy decided to try to keep it working, and become more like he wants it to be. That will require some draconian measures, because some idiots simply don't "get it"... even when told several times.

All of the new mods were charged with keeping this place straight. At the top of the list of DOs was to be fair and even-handed. To my knowledge, all involved are bending over backwards to be fair and even-handed. The new policy that so offends you was instituted to attempt to control a real problem on the moderator level. It was NOT instituted to annoy the membership.

In other words, bucko, everyone involved in the management of this site is doing their best to make things work smoothly, and integrate the new policies as seamlessly as possible. I, for one, resent the hell out of being compared to the nazi party, and therefore advise you to keep THOSE kinds of snarky comments to yourself.

Get it?????
    Got it...Classifieds for me only I will stop clicking the new threads button all together.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Then feel free to leave; nobody is keeping you here.

You've been around long enough to know that this board was basically unregulated for many years. That was working well enough, until it wasn't any longer. We know WHY it stopped working. Rather than just shut the thing down (which, I understand, was his first inclination), Jeremy decided to try to keep it working, and become more like he wants it to be. That will require some draconian measures, because some idiots simply don't "get it"... even when told several times.

All of the new mods were charged with keeping this place straight. At the top of the list of DOs was to be fair and even-handed. To my knowledge, all involved are bending over backwards to be fair and even-handed. The new policy that so offends you was instituted to attempt to control a real problem on the moderator level. It was NOT instituted to annoy the membership.

In other words, bucko, everyone involved in the management of this site is doing their best to make things work smoothly, and integrate the new policies as seamlessly as possible. I, for one, resent the hell out of being compared to the nazi party, and therefore advise you to keep THOSE kinds of snarky comments to yourself.

Get it?????
    Got it...Classifieds for me only I will stop clicking the new threads button all together.

Can't put my finger on it, but there is something shallow in admitting you only use the website to score deals in the classified, yet feel free to complain about management.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You've been around long enough to know that this board was basically unregulated for many years.

I do seem to recall some people being banned en mass a few years ago.

Most people don't have problems with rules. Most people have rules that are not uniformly enforced on everyone. That has always been my problem around here. However I do my best to keep out of the crap. I'm not mentioning this to be destructive. It is my intention that this is constructive criticism. However I have been told before by one the people who count that since I'm not a paying member my opinion counts for less and I should keep my opinions to myself.

My response, "I'll pay when everyone is equally controlled under the rules."

Dave

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The reporting posts thing actually confused me. When the whole classifieds ads crackdown took place, we were told to report violations. I can't see a missing location being worth emailing every moderator, which I guess is the conclusion they've reached as well. I'm sure someone who is smarter than me can come up with a way to do this, but why not set up a way of notifying the staff just through their forum inbox? I know the simple answer would be to PM them, but I'm assuming they have their BS inbox message their email, which alerts their phone.

G

gunguy11

If getting a notification or even
    several from a reported post is too much maybe the moderator position wasn't for you....
    I haven't used the report button once since I got here, but this is just my opinion.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    If getting a notification or even
    several from a reported post is too much maybe the moderator position wasn't for you....
    I haven't used the report button once since I got here, but this is just my opinion.

Apparently the volume was more than several. And all of the old moderators have been replaced.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom