Re: Reposts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I think the point is use the report button appropriately. Don't use it for trivial matters or because you just don't like the posters opinion. IE: Butt Hurt is not a reason.

Everyone wants this place to be a great site. So why not regulate ourselves and contribute rather than tear it down. Don't start none, won't be none. Making the mods job easier helps us have a great site. There are only 4 gun forums I go to regularly. This one being local has been very beneficial and I would like to see it continue and get better, not worse.

G

gunguy11

It doesn't need to be closed or anything. I'm certainly fine with an open and honest discussion.

At some point, it is undeniable that the sites users are its customers.

I'm fine with a discussion about how people are feeling about the site. If the classifieds are Germany 1941, we can look at going to America 1957, but we're all in a period of transition.

Hey pangris. Let me start off by saying I thought you were a honest and fair mod. I'm glad this can be a mature discussion.
    King made a remark. He may have meant it literally or expressively. But I doubt in a insulting way towards anyone particular.
    I think it is wrong for a newly established mod to come in and say e doesn't like being compared to the nazi party and to keep that to
    Himself.... In my eyes that is limiting his opinion. I did not see anything wrong with what king said. It wasn't against any rules I am aware of.
    Maybe I am looking to far into this but it just struck a nerve a little.
    Mr. Steve nothing against you at all. Nothing is personal on this site so don't take what I say against your character.

G

gunguy11

Give it a month.

I've been through this on other forums, temp upset, and then it settles back down.

I have been here before. On the SMD forum when I was big into car audio.
    Hopefully it calms down or the change was no good.

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    So, more of the same.

Some people cause trouble and it's followed by mass bans of anyone who had a high profile who wasn't part of the in crowd. It's a purge of the trouble makers along with anyone taking attention away from the cool kids.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Hey pangris. Let me start off by saying I thought you were a honest and fair mod. I'm glad this can be a mature discussion.
    King made a remark. He may have meant it literally or expressively. But I doubt in a insulting way towards anyone particular.
    I think it is wrong for a newly established mod to come in and say e doesn't like being compared to the nazi party and to keep that to
    Himself.... In my eyes that is limiting his opinion. I did not see anything wrong with what king said. It wasn't against any rules I am aware of.
    Mr. Steve nothing against you at all. Nothing is personal on this site so don't take what I say against your character.

Gunguy, LSP doesn't need anyone to take up for him but allow me to say this much. Spanky and Pangris knows LSP on a very well, very firmly established basis. I know he was requested to be a mod at his hesitancy. IOW: they knew his character and it was approved of. As it was said, he doesn't suffer fools lightly.

It's been firmly established, we don't condone any reference that likens our LEO, Mod staff or base membership for that matter to Nazi germany. It's been done before, and just as quickly slapped down.

It's Spanky's house. Spanky's rules. This is the direction he wants his website to go. If you've been around the internet for very long you've noticed that every website undergoes a change.

G

gunguy11

Dave is correct, we did clean house a few years back - and since then, the board has been more hands off than any other board I've been a member of.

Human interaction, in reality, favors known quantities.

Further, internet BB's function best with a number of people in a like minded discussion.

Since we are having an open discussion, I'll reference the infamous "AAR" thread. 20 people trying to have a discussion, one person throwing rocks at them - not adding a thing to the conversation but rather stirring to pot for whatever personal motivation.

Since then I think we've all done better.

Humans are flawed creatures. This is a flawed system because humans are involved.

We're going to do our best to make this site the best thing going for anyone who likes guns in this region.

That may occasionally ruffle feathers but you can't make all the people happy all the time. There are going to be judgement calls, decisions where not everyone knows the whole story, etc etc etc that cause some people to feel like they or someone they know got the short end of the stick. It happens. Life goes on. It isn't about anything other than making this the best site it can be for shooting in the region.

Thank you for your explanation.
    Maybe more people will read this and have a better idea of what is going on.
    I'm glad I stayed up to read it.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well LSP reads what he wants to read, the starts stirring the pot over nothing. Offense is taken when none in meant and being sincere about a friend he thinks you are talking bad about them when not knowing about personal relationships beyond the interwebz. Basically inferring sarcasm when none is there, and retalitating inappropriatly. I am pretty sure I know who he is and if I am right he is a nice guy, but dang on the Internet I just stay away. Not that comparing a message board that you choose to participate on makes any since at all, you didn't get to choose anything in Nazi Germany.

G

gunguy11

Gunguy, LSP doesn't need anyone to take up for him but allow me to say this much. Spanky and Pangris knows LSP on a very well, very firmly established basis. I know he was requested to be a mod at his hesitancy. IOW: they knew his character and it was approved of. As it was said, he doesn't suffer fools lightly.

It's been firmly established, we don't condone any reference that likens our LEO, Mod staff or base membership for that matter to Nazi germany. It's been done before, and just as quickly slapped down.

It's Spanky's house. Spanky's rules. This is the direction he wants his website to go. If you've been around the internet for very long you've noticed that every website undergoes a change.

Understood and noted.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I have been sending PM's to OP's in the classifieds that have left things out such as WTS/WTT in the title or a price or a pic of one of the items they are selling. Each person that I have helped was grateful and was able to fix their ad before it got locked or deleted. If everyone would look after one another and take a few minutes to help someone understand what they did wrong, this problem would be greatly reduced. Some people are just not capable of understanding or following rules and most of the time they are easily spotted and the mods will take care of them. I like the fact that we are getting more involvement from mods, but the strong arm approach is quite abrasive and frankly, I kinda strikes a nerve with me too. People can be corrected with being talked down to like a red headed step child, which provokes an argument and therefore a likely ban. We are all men/women (well the majority are) and respect should be a mutual thing, not "I'm your God, fart too loud and I'll ban you."

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    If everyone would look after one another and take a few minutes to help someone understand what they did wrong, this problem would be greatly reduced. Some people are just not capable of understanding or following rules and most of the time they are easily spotted and the mods will take care of them.

My point exactly. Thank you.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have been sending PM's to OP's in the classifieds that have left things out such as WTS/WTT in the title or a price or a pic of one of the items they are selling. Each person that I have helped was grateful and was able to fix their ad before it got locked or deleted. If everyone would look after one another and take a few minutes to help someone understand what they did wrong, this problem would be greatly reduced. Some people are just not capable of understanding or following rules and most of the time they are easily spotted and the mods will take care of them. I like the fact that we are getting more involvement from mods, but the strong arm approach is quite abrasive and frankly, I kinda strikes a nerve with me too. People can be corrected with being talked down to like a red headed step child, which provokes an argument and therefore a likely ban. We are all men/women (well the majority are) and respect should be a mutual thing, not "I'm your God, fart too loud and I'll ban you."
    I'm sure that eventually the strong arm will go away. The problem is, there was so much crap going on that a strong arm is temporarily needed. Once the initial wave passes, I'm sure the moderating staff will have a much lighter approach.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom