Re: Reposts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    G

gunguy11

Lol. Pangris I hoped you would see the humor in that.
    But these threads lately make me wanna rent a jumping boxing ring like they do for church camp. Let everyone get it out their system.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know why everyone doesn't move on and stop trying to make this a big deal. Starting massive threads about it only adds to the drama. The threads posted by mods were more than enough for everyone to know what was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    :)

Well... I still think allowing the discussion about site changes and moderator decisions is abad idea because you get this kind of thread. But I'm glad it's going to shake out for the better.

Says the one that's fueling this whole thread!? :D

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I don't know why everyone doesn't move on and stop trying to make this a big deal. Starting massive threads about it only adds to the drama. The threads posted by mods were more than enough for everyone to know what was going on.

The mod threads were closed. I guess my thread was turned into a sounding board.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Just making sure. It seemed like your post was somewhat venturing that way.
    This membership can't even agree on what color the sky is most times. They aren't going to all somehow come together of one mind over $20. I think Spanky is rather safe from a conglomerate assault via lawsuit on his moderation practices. However, if I were new, and bought a membership, and two weeks later the site went down for good, I certainly wouldn't give any more money to any related enterprises in the future.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    But that comes with the territory. You're also paying for a membership to a site you can be banned from. That is part of the reason I don't pay for a membership, I know that I'm an ass and I'll probably get banned eventually.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    But that comes with the territory. You're also paying for a membership to a site you can be banned from. That is part of the reason I don't pay for a membership, I know that I'm an ass and I'll probably get banned eventually.

If $20 is that much for you to spend to help keep this site up and running. And if you are that big of an ******* you are planning to get banned. Then in my personal opinion you are part of the problem. Not part of the solution. My $.02

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    If $20 is that much for you to spend to help keep this site up and running. And if you are that big of an ******* you are planning to get banned. Then in my personal opinion you are part of the problem. Not part of the solution. My $.02

I've thoug about making a donation. The reason I haven't in the past was certain mods kept braking rules that they would get on to others about. I will wait and see how the new mods are and re visit maybe making a donation. If things work out I will be happy to make a donation. Point is I understand why others would not

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Actually Charles I would suggest this post and posts like it are part of the problem. I never said I was planning on getting banned. If I was planning on getting banned, I would be amazed by my failure to do so. Especially after over 1500 posts. People have a habit of reading what they want to read and not what was actually posted. While I understand you qualified the post with an "if" the implication is still there. If I collected every misplaced $.02 theat were given to me on this forum, I'd be glad to pay $20.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    This site is open to free membership. That is the way it is structured. Paying is optional. I do feel that contributing in some form or other is the way to go. Mods probably contribute the most as being one has to be a drain on time. I am not a mod so I miss a good bit of the stupid stuff. Are there things that mods do that I would do differently - yeah seems that way. If I were in there shoes I would most likely see it a bit differently.
    As far as this being a business - fine, whatever, not my business, not my problem - I come here as long as it is worthwile coming. If I decide it is not worth my time to come here, then I can leave. Continuing to come on here and **** & moan about every little thing would not be what I would do. You can't take a dump in the middle of the room & then complain everyone else is stinking up the place.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    Why not a separate place where one can go to vent and bitch ? And also a place where a MOD can throw a post when it starts going bad. The Texas Hunting Forum has a sub-heading under
    their OFF TOPICS section. It is called THE BUNKER. One must first ask a MOD to allow access to THE BUNKER . Then the caveat "Do not request access if easily offended". For the most part there seems to be more civility there than I have seen on some of this forum. Not being a MOD there I am not privy to how well it works. But it appears to keep the problem post contained.
    I would think that it would stop all the petty griping to the MODS since one is there by his /her own choosing.

G

gunguy11

Why not a separate place where one can go to vent and bitch ? And also a place where a MOD can throw a post when it starts going bad. The Texas Hunting Forum has a sub-heading under
    their OFF TOPICS section. It is called THE BUNKER. One must first ask a MOD to allow access to THE BUNKER . Then the caveat "Do not request access if easily offended". For the most part there seems to be more civility there than I have seen on some of this forum. Not being a MOD there I am not privy to how well it works. But it appears to keep the problem post contained.
    I would think that it would stop all the petty griping to the MODS since one is there by his /her own choosing.

Why didn't I think to say something about one like this. I forgot we had one called "battle grounds" on SMD. Don't know if it still there or not.
    Having a bunch of men on a forum about who subwoofer setup is the best can get dirty lol.
    It was where the who can **** farther discussions were, also anything a mod wanted to move there. It also did not appear on the new post list. This allowed people involved in and people wanting to be involved going in on their own.
    One of the things here I realized is people have an attitude or fight and one thread which trashes it but then take that attitude to another thread and make snarky remarks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom