Report New Software Issues Here!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    I was, and still am an active member there, yes they had to change it for diff reasons, and yes it is true, the market place crashed, participation crashed, no where near what it was, everybody has since moved to ar15.com , so yea it’s real, and it’s true… you know people don’t like change…

There is an average of 500 members at any given time on akfiles now … before the swap there were well over 3k at the lowest numbers any anytime, and all the vested long term contributing members left and went to ar15
    Interesting they say different. Either way, we had no choice. The cost to hang on to the old was ridiculous due to the lack of support for the software and add ons.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Just was wondering where you got your stats/info from? You seemed very positive on the comment so just figured you had some info on where you got your intel from….I have said I was and still am an active member with well over 120 positive feedbacks on there… there’s a few other members on here that were die hard akfiles who left at the same time… just saying, I know they had to change, and I guess we did also, just a shocker, old dogs and new tricks don’t always work, might have been a little easier if it was relayed and advanced notice instead of server down now it’s new… but as you loose vested positive contributing members new ones will come, with there $1000 glocks and $1500 wasrs

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    I posted a thread the change was coming. Do you seriously think though having even a month's notice, you would not be on here doing the very same thing? Now that is interesting.

Either was keep this please to errors and tweaks.

It's not a soapbox for you to tear everything down. I bet I have a lot more info on what tons of forums have seen with this change. But once again would it matter.

I am though happy to hear anything we can do with what is here to make it better.

If they want to cancel the site over a change that had to happen, so be it. I get the cancel stuff.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Haaaa lol typical…. Tell Sombody to get off there soapbox, right before you step up on yours and make the final comment, on your own soapbox

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    Haaaa lol typical…. Tell Sombody to get off there soapbox, right before you step up on yours and make the final comment, on your own soapbox
    Still complaining I see.

Was not the final, said I am happy to hear how we can make what we have here better. That's not your department obviously.

If you have an issue, send me a Message here. I assume after all this you have something constructive for the forum.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I believe with my well over 4200 comments vs your 357 comments, I have made a positive contribution to this site….

And no not complaining… stating the obvious…

Your comment

“It's not a soapbox for you to tear everything down. I bet I have a lot more info on what tons of forums have seen with this change. But once again would it matter.”

To tell me it’s not my soapbox to tell you about another site and “tear this one down” for you to follow up with a rebuttal, that you have more info than me on the comment you told me to not talk about…

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    Once again folks, trust me AKFiles was old school (they did not want to change, they had to), they had to change as did we, I have held out as long as anyone. At this point, I want to make this a better place. It can be tweaked, it can be adjusted. I was happy to darken it some last night, it was bright, someone made that suggestion.

I will tighten it up, Feedback coming soon.

Sorry, some folks want to jump ship, some come here just to say it sucks, that's up to them. I am trying to adjust to the group's needs as best I can.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone else think the WTS label should be green? I don't even remember what color they were before, but my head keeps fighting the red label as a for sale label. I guess I keep seeing the red as STOP or CLOSED.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Well, they had to change, they like simplicity there but had no choice. Interesting, most communities thrive after this, seems a bit dramatic to say they went down to a 1/4th. Not real, not true.

This software is as easy as the other to use, uploading photos easier, sorry if you don't like it, the old had to go. Yes, it looks a bit different. Photos, we allow larger uploads, I may change that soon. That is why it takes longer.

There is no homepage, there is no point, it was just recent posts.
    Why is there a homepage tab if there is no homepage

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    There is no good solution for a homepage really, at some point I will come up with something for that page, Typically Google likes to see one, and people are used to it.
    Got ya. Whats the difference between the Whats New tab and the New post tab. They both may have been there before and now I'm just seeing it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom