Restoration of my right to possess firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You know what my crime was. I was convicted because I admitted to it. I made restitution too the victim, paid my fines, served my 3 yrs probation and received my 1st offender pardon that restored my right. I still had to wait 10 yrs for my right to bear arms restored and am now 21 yrs beyond my pardon. Why do you feel the need to know who the victim was? Would you also like to know my name? Is it just because you are a LEO or is it because of your "holier than thou" attitude?

I never asked for your name or your victims name. The charge is broad and can cover many things, and because of my LE background I know it is common to plead charges down to lesser charges. Was this your original charge or was this a plea deal? Not Holier than thou but you were the one who started your first thread by asking questions about your rights, after being a convicted felon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    And i would like to see the site weed out convicted felons on this site, they obviously can not provide any shooting incite if they are banned from possessing firearms.

But they are not banned from possessing firearms.
    He qualifies to have his rights restored under state law and can legally possess a firearm.
    Until last year the federal government recognized this restoration of rights. Then some Obama bureaucrat decided to change the interpretation of the law.
    03_15_ChaiTime_Obama.jpg

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    He qualifies to have his rights restored under state law and can legally possess a firearm.
    Until last year the federal government recognized this restoration of rights. Then some Obama bureaucrat decided to change the interpretation of the law.
    03_15_ChaiTime_Obama.jpg

So now he's banned?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    I never asked for your name or your victims name. The charge is broad and can cover many things, and because of my LE background I know it is common to plead charges down to lesser charges. Was this your original charge or was this a plea deal? Not Holier than thou but you were the one who started your first thread by asking questions about your rights, after being a convicted felon.

First off, Let me start by changing my attitude. I was getting a little gruff because you seem to believe no one can be forgiven for past mistakes. I respect and admire anyone in LE. My grandfather was the Asst. Chief of Police when here retired. And yes, he gave me an earful and a hell of a hard time for my arrest. Anyway, my charge and conviction were as stated. I did not plea to a lesser charge. But you did ask who i stole the card from.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    First off, Let me start by changing my attitude. I was getting a little gruff because you seem to believe no one can be forgiven for past mistakes. I respect and admire anyone in LE. My grandfather was the Asst. Chief of Police when here retired. And yes, he gave me an earful and a hell of a hard time for my arrest. Anyway, my charge and conviction were as stated. I did not plea to a lesser charge. But you did ask who i stole the card from.

No problem. I didn't want the name just if it was an employer, family member etc

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    And i would like to see the site weed out convicted felons on this site, they obviously can not provide any shooting insight if they are banned from possessing firearms.

Just trying to understand; Do you think background checks should be done before being able to post on here or just ban people once others find out about a felony conviction? So this would obviously extend to all felonies and not only violent felonies correct?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    03_15_ChaiTime_Obama.jpg

Exactly. Not banned from possessing firearms. Just don't have the privilege of concealing and the feds use this to deny my right to possess.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Just trying to understand; Do you think background checks should be done before being able to post on here or just ban people once others find out about a felony conviction? So this would obviously extend to all felonies and not only violent felonies correct?

Obviously background checks

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    And i would like to see the site weed out convicted felons on this site, they obviously can not provide any shooting insight if they are banned from possessing firearms.

I must respectfully disagree! Some of the funniest **** I've witnessed here involved some sort of legal humbuggery on the part of a member/poster. I would feel deprived of Right to comedy!

As for the OP and the others in the same boat; you guys need to get together and lobby a state politician to change that Statute. If Hillary Clinton can be indirectly responsible for the deaths of a US Ambassador and 3 ex-soldiers and still gleefully get the automatic democratic Presidential nomination, I see no reason some of you guys can't get a damn gun!

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I was just hoping for a good story to read on a boring Monday.

My belief is; if you are "good enough" to freely move about in our society then you should be legal to own a gun. If you arn't "good enough" to own a gun what stops you from just stealing one anyways? My point: these gun laws are stupid. If you are safe to live among us you are safe to own a gun.

Still if you feel like telling you tail, I'm interested.:)

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)

To be fair, there are forums on here dedicated to camping, cooking, archery, airguns, science and technology, health and fitness, ect.

Plus, as previously stated, sometimes convicted felons have brought a certain comical ingredient to this site that I have enjoyed.

To the OP, I feel for you, I have close friends who have committed felonies in younger days and have moved on to have very successful lives as upstanding people. I personally question the lifetime ban of voting and firearm ownership for all felonies; I seem to feel the firearm restriction may certainly be appropriate for convictions of violent crimes, but many felonies, while criminal and there certainly is a victim, do not demonstrate the willingness to do violence to another.

Unfortunalty, I do not think the law is in your favor.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I was just trying to figure out if you deserved any rights restored. Apparently you do not according to the law. I guess you are right, it doesn't add value.

Suddenly really glad this guy doesn't get to decide who gets which rights and when. Is he for real?

not-sure-if-trolling-or-being-serious.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    To be fair, there are forums on here dedicated to camping, cooking, archery, airguns, science and technology, health and fitness, ect.

Plus, as previously stated, sometimes convicted felons have brought a certain comical ingredient to this site that I have enjoyed.

To the OP, I feel for you, I have close friends who have committed felonies in younger days and have moved on to have very successful lives as upstanding people. I personally question the lifetime ban of voting and firearm ownership for all felonies; I seem to feel the firearm restriction may certainly be appropriate for convictions of violent crimes, but many felonies, while criminal and there certainly is a victim, do not demonstrate the willingness to do violence to another.

Unfortunalty, I do not think the law is in your favor.

Well there is still hope! When the dumbass signs the order to release the several thousand drug convicts (felons too BTW), then he may fully restore their voting Rights and gun Rights and set precedent for a court challenge! Hell, in a about 10 years the USSC might take the case!

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    My belief is; if you are "good enough" to freely move about in our society then you should be legal to own a gun. If you arn't "good enough" to own a gun what stops you from just stealing one anyways? My point: these gun laws are stupid. If you are safe to live among us you are safe to own a gun.

+1 If someone can't be trusted with a gun they shouldn't have access to cars, knives, all manner of bludgeons, or incendiary materials either. I think there is a place for those people...

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Suddenly really glad this guy doesn't get to decide who gets which rights and when. Is he for real?

not-sure-if-trolling-or-being-serious.jpg

As I am really glad you do not decide as well. Are you for real? Someone gets convicted of a felony then they chose to give up a few rights for the rest of their life. I didn't make them commit crimes. I'm sorry I do not hold the same opinion as you but I am apparently in the majority. The only ones I see jumping up and down to restore felons rights are felons.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    +1 If someone can't be trusted with a gun they shouldn't have access to cars, knives, all manner of bludgeons, or incendiary materials either. I think there is a place for those people...

That's about the most ridiculous comparison I've ever heard lol. Y'all always seem to come through when it comes to comparing the dumbest things to rights related to firearms.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    As I am really glad you do not decide as well. Are you for real? Someone gets convicted of a felony then they chose to give up a few rights for the rest of their life. I didn't make them commit crimes. I'm sorry I do not hold the same opinion as you but I am apparently in the majority. The only ones I see jumping up and down to restore felons rights are felons.

But these rights aren't lost for life. The laws of the state that are broken and deserve punishment also restore those rights when punishment is served and all conditions are met. You seem to pick and choose which laws you think should be followed and disagree with those you don't like.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    But these rights aren't lost for life. The laws of the state that are broken and deserve punishment also restore those rights when punishment is served and all conditions are met. You seem to pick and choose which laws you think should be followed and disagree with those you don't like.

Aren't you here because the federal laws are hindering what you want to do because of your felony conviction?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    Aren't you here because the federal laws are hindering what you want to do because of your felony conviction?

It is not federal law hindering me, but their interpretation of Louisiana law. They are interpreting my inability to get a CCW permit(privilege) as a reason to deny my right to bear arms. It would be analogous to saying that if someone can be denied a drivers license(privilege), they shouldn't be allowed to be in a vehicle. But i guess you're all for interpreting laws in whatever way one chooses as long as it achieves the result that one desires.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom