Restoration of my right to possess firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It is not federal law hindering me, but their interpretation of Louisiana law. They are interpreting my inability to get a CCW permit(privilege) as a reason to deny my right to bear arms. It would be analogous to saying that if someone can be denied a drivers license(privilege), they shouldn't be allowed to be in a vehicle. But i guess you're all for interpreting laws in whatever way one chooses as long as it achieves the result that one desires.

Maybe not keep you from getting in a vehicle but def keep you from getting behind the wheel. I'm not interpreting anything other than what you are typing on here. Bottom line is you committed a felony years ago and got a pardon but the federal government trumped your pardon. Is that the correct interpretation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe not keep you from getting in a vehicle but def keep you from getting behind the wheel. I'm not interpreting anything other than what you are typing on here. Bottom line is you committed a felony years ago and got a pardon but the federal government trumped your pardon. Is that the correct interpretation?

Of course its not the right interpretation in his eyes because it violates what he feels that his rights are.

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    This issue strikes me as one of sovereignty and the 10th amendment, regardless of what one may think of guns, felons, pardons and privileges.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It's just too bad that he will not be able to rob any Uptown restaurants or commit any other violent crimes, since he can't get a gun.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    image.jpg
    Lol

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Y'all are struggling with this WAY too much. It's simple, don't commit felonies wether young or old and you will not have these problems.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There is always hope when this guy is the poster child for redemption after felonious indiscretions! :rofl: He's probably going to get his guns back AND a liquor license for his new venture!

The restore my Rights group should make t-shirts with this guy on them! ;)
    iu

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Y'all are struggling with this WAY too much. It's simple, don't commit felonies wether young or old and you will not have these problems.

"But he was a good child, he dindu nuffins wrong! He was the prom king and a 4.0 student! He wasn't trying to hurt nobody!"

The law is the law. If I have to abide by it, so does everyone else.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    That's about the most ridiculous comparison I've ever heard lol. Y'all always seem to come through when it comes to comparing the dumbest things to rights related to firearms.

Is it really? By saying its not ok for a felon to own a gun you are saying that it is reasonable to believe he/she would use a weapon in a violent crime if allowed to have one. So why let them out of prison? If there is a reasonable expectation of recidivisim (especially violent offenders) why turn them loose on the pubic? Thoughts?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    So your right to keep and bear arms is protected by the state constitution and not the second amendment?

No that would be the state's right. You see the 10th ammendment reserves rights for each state to regulate the the affairs of their people as they see fit soms long as it does not infringe on the previous nine. So if Louisiana said hey we hate those curly-q bulbs we want to use the good old fashioned 75w incandescents the great stats of Louisiana has that right except for thd fact that the federal government has usurped states rights so much and for so long that the when you bring it up you get childish snickering and dumb questions about how is relevent.

Oddly enough its the same amendment that they are using to legalize pot.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The law is the law. If I have to abide by it, so does everyone else.

I sincerely can't argue against some of these guys getting their Rights restored. It seems that the pro-gun crowd is being politically strong armed or subconsciously driven to be harder on other pro-gun people than the matter deserves. In an honest retrospective view of my life, I clearly see a delineation of my younger life from my current life. It is crystal clear that the crap I did when I was a teenager would not even be considered as an option for me now. So, unless I am of a higher mental order than most (I really am! This is for illustrations sake), I have matured over time. Some people know me as my current self. Very few know my youthful self. They are two completely different individuals.

I would feel it hypocritical to condemn some of these guys for life. For petty white collar crimes that politicians and business people commit on a daily basis? Did they kill some one? Rape some one? Ruin a child's life? Why is the dumbass the president? Didn't he admit, and weren't there witnesses that confirmed he used cocaine (a felony). He just didn't get caught you say? Oh, okay! Is that the measuring line then?

There is a problem between the federal law and the state law in respect to this issue. It needs to be changed! Happens all the time! One day a law may be enacted that forces you (or a loved one), to do something you absolutely refuse to abide by. Happens all the time! And to the most well intentioned individuals!

Condoning someone's felonious past and doing what is Constitutionally correct are two different things.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I think some people should be fighting for certain Felonies to be a Misdemeanor.

I'm not a judge, nor am I lawyer, so I can't say what should and shouldn't be a felony. However, I know what the law says.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think some people should be fighting for certain Felonies to be a Misdemeanor.

I'm not a judge, nor am I lawyer, so I can't say what should and shouldn't be a felony. However, I know what the law says.

The dumbass already did with the stroke of a pen! BTW: Does anyone know how all these felon drug dealers will be classified now that their sentences have been excused? What is their parole requirements? When they return to the street to deal and carry illegal weapons; will they be re-arrested, re-convicted, and re-excused because the penalties are unfair?

Quite honestly, the "Restore my Gun Rights" group seems to be the least of our problems!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Quite honestly, the "Restore my Gun Rights" group seems to be the least of our problems!

I-might-get-thumbed-down-bc-of-this-but-who-_072824adb2d535fb52d33d8bd744c391.png

This thread should have ended after post #2, and definitely after post #6 where the link was provided.

There are too many people in this country that expect everyone to help them. Helping yourself, will eventually help everyone else.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This thread should have ended after post #2, and definitely after post #6 where the link was provided.

There are too many people in this country that expect everyone to help them. Helping yourself, will eventually help everyone else.

The topic can be locked as indefinitely exhausted as soon as the mods lock the "How Long For a CHP" thread! :mamoru:

It was easier to kill Markus in Underworld: Evolution!

Grrrrrrrr! :boink:
    iu

Disclaimer: This is not a scene from Underworld: Evolution! It was just the sexiest pic I could quickly find that shows Kate in that skin tight leather suit wielding guns!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    wardt
    Top Bottom