Restoration of my right to possess firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    What about a psych exam to purchase guns period or to prove you are fit to live in society. I mean seriously have you walked around Walmart recently? Between the patrons and the employees I'm amased everytime I leave without myself or my wife getting mixed up in some type of conflict.

Illistrate the obsured by being obsured
    Rush

What if anti gun persons, develops the questions listed on the exam?
    What if the exam commit is screwed up? could you imagine Obama appointing a firearm ownership exam committee?
    You give politicians an inch, those bitches take miles. They have to much control & say so as it is.
    A multi millionaire, takes a stressful 250k a year paying job as a politician, is a crook or a dumbass. Why should corrupt politicians dictate who can and cannot own a firearm? Wtf happened to we the people for the people?

We do not need society exams. We (society) need to become better, towards our neighbor.

mercurysys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Slidell, LA
    Get with a lawyer, you have proof of history of being a productive member of society since you got into trouble. It can be done, but can be a wait for the legal process to complete (up to a year sometimes). Keep your head up and it will happen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    ^^^Walmart is nothing compared to Home Depot in New Orleans on Claiborne today. I thought I was in a 3rd world country. Nothing but "thugs" and non English speaking thuggish folks; most had facial tattoos. (Nothing against tattoos; but on your face, really??) If my little buddies, G17 and Kabar wasn't with me, I may have been a little more uncomfortable. I assume most of the people there would not have done very well on any psych test.

You give politicians an inch, those bitches take miles. They have to much control & say so as it is.
    A multi millionaire, takes a stressful 250k a year paying job as a politician, is a crook or a dumbass. Why should corrupt politicians dictate who can and cannot own a firearm? Wtf happened to we the people for the people?

We do not need society exams. We (society) need to become better, towards our neighbor.

See, this is really the crux of it all. We allow completely undesirable 3rd world looking zombies of little or no intelligence to thrive and bask in their pursuit of freedoms with their Rights in tact, we fear them among us (at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, wherever), and their lives and successes are only restricted to their individual limits, as they may or may not be hovering under the radar of illegal activities; but we adamantly discount any person that falters in their early lives, that may have paid their debt to themselves, their victims, and society; who truly and sincerely wants to re-join society as a reformed, and contrite citizen to be able to protect themselves and their families with a legally owned firearm.

Now I am not saying that all of the "RMR" bunch is this^ example, but there are enough of them to validate my point.

Why are we (collectively), harder on potentially good people than we are on what I like to refer to as worthless "****" people? This country has lost its values. And that is not just a broad blanket statement. It is evident in almost every facet of everyday American life.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    What if anti gun persons, develops the questions listed on the exam?
    What if the exam commit is screwed up? could you imagine Obama appointing a firearm ownership exam committee?

I figured everyone would have see the sacrasm dripping off of that post, being that everything I post is the exact opposite of that post. Sorry fro the confussion.

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    See, this is really the crux of it all. We allow completely undesirable 3rd world looking zombies of little or no intelligence to thrive and bask in their pursuit of freedoms with their Rights in tact, we fear them among us (at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, wherever), and their lives and successes are only restricted to their individual limits, as they may or may not be hovering under the radar of illegal activities; but we adamantly discount any person that falters in their early lives, that may have paid their debt to themselves, their victims, and society; who truly and sincerely wants to re-join society as a reformed, and contrite citizen to be able to protect themselves and their families with a legally owned firearm.

Now I am not saying that all of the "RMR" bunch is this^ example, but there are enough of them to validate my point.

Why are we (collectively), harder on potentially good people than we are on what I like to refer to as worthless "****" people? This country has lost its values. And that is not just a broad blanket statement. It is evident in almost every facet of everyday American life.

+++++++++++++++++++1!!!

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    It's not up to you to figure out if I deserve my rights restored. Louisiana law says that they are restored. The federal govt is refusing rights legally restored by the state on the basis of the state denying my privileges of having a CCW permit. I have no problem with not being able to get a CCW, but I think I deserve and have had my rights to hunt with a firearm and to protect myself & my family restored.

Maybe step #1 could be a regular hunting license. If you get one, that seems like state approval.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    Maybe step #1 could be a regular hunting license. If you get one, that seems like state approval.

I get a hunting license every year and was allowed my right to bear arms in the endeavor of squirrel, deer and turkey hunting. Now the federal govt says since I'm not allowed to have a CHP(I guess that's the term everyone here prefers), I'm not allowed to hunt with a firearm. That's pretty screwed up!

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    You aren't required to prove that you can legally own a firearm to buy a hunting license. And buying a hunting license does not prove that you can legally own a firearm.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    I'm sure it's been said already, but the Internet is not the best place for legal advice and certainly not the best place to avoid having people express their personal opinions. Your best bet is to contact a lawyer familiar with the issues and seek actual legal advice. The people offering their opinions here can't in the short term change your situation, they can only potentially vote differently in the future or press their politicians to make our laws more clear. You could also potentially contact the state police and ask if they have run across this situation before as they do manage the CHP unit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    I'm sure it's been said already, but the Internet is not the best place for legal advice and certainly not the best place to avoid having people express their personal opinions. Your best bet is to contact a lawyer familiar with the issues and seek actual legal advice. The people offering their opinions here can't in the short term change your situation, they can only potentially vote differently in the future or press their politicians to make our laws more clear. You could also potentially contact the state police and ask if they have run across this situation before as they do manage the CHP unit.

I agree whole heartedly. I just posted here to get other's opinion and to see if any others were experiencing the same thing. I have not been sitting idly just hoping for the best. I spoke with lawyer yesterday about the federal govt denying the right to bear arms just because a person is restricted from getting a CHP. He's a serious gun rights advocate and avid gun collector. He actually called and spoke with the guy from ATF who told me I can't possess firearms. Anyway, the lawyer said he is going to look into the situation and get back with me.
    Just this morning I went by my local Representative's office. He was not in so I spoke with his LegislativeI Aide and explained to her the situation. She saId she would text him the info and have him call me. I was not gone from his office more than 5 minutes when he called me. I explained to him my situation in detail and his reply was "Aww, hell no!" I gave him all the details of what the ATF is trying to do in regards to deny the right to bear arms just because of the restriction of the privilege to get a CHP.He's asked for and I gave him the name and phone # of the ATF agent who contacted me. I provided him with the Louisiana Statute they are using as the restriction and the court case they are basing that decision on. He said he is going to look into it and if that is what they're trying to, it needs to be corrected in the upcoming legislative session.
    Now I'm going to contact my local Senate member who is also a strong supporter of gun rights.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Yep because you could be just a bow hunter

ofzy6jg045e91dkcuhq3.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I agree whole heartedly. I just posted here to get other's opinion and to see if any others were experiencing the same thing. I have not been sitting idly just hoping for the best. I spoke with lawyer yesterday about the federal govt denying the right to bear arms just because a person is restricted from getting a CHP. He's a serious gun rights advocate and avid gun collector. He actually called and spoke with the guy from ATF who told me I can't possess firearms. Anyway, the lawyer said he is going to look into the situation and get back with me.
    Just this morning I went by my local Representative's office. He was not in so I spoke with his LegislativeI Aide and explained to her the situation. She saId she would text him the info and have him call me. I was not gone from his office more than 5 minutes when he called me. I explained to him my situation in detail and his reply was "Aww, hell no!" I gave him all the details of what the ATF is trying to do in regards to deny the right to bear arms just because of the restriction of the privilege to get a CHP.He's asked for and I gave him the name and phone # of the ATF agent who contacted me. I provided him with the Louisiana Statute they are using as the restriction and the court case they are basing that decision on. He said he is going to look into it and if that is what they're trying to, it needs to be corrected in the upcoming legislative session.
    Now I'm going to contact my local Senate member who is also a strong supporter of gun rights.

Now you're cooking!

Now build a coalition of people in your similar situation. Not career criminals! One timers, caught in youthful indiscretions that were not of a violent nature. Individuals that can be vetted as not being dirt bags in their communities, etc. Don't team up with any one that says they're in this situation, that some opponent can do some research on and find out he/she is a complete loser.

If your cause is noble (FWIW, I believe it is), don't leave any chance of bad publicity to hang your representative or senator or supporters out to dry. Clearly state your intentions and specifically address the verbiage that needs to be changed in the Statute. The only pitfall I see on face value is if your change will allow potentially dangerous felons to get their gun Rights back too.

As General Mills stated earlier, if worded correctly; I will support it too!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    If your cause is noble (FWIW, I believe it is), don't leave any chance of bad publicity to hang your representative or senator or supporters out to dry. Clearly state your intentions and specifically address the verbiage that needs to be changed in the Statute. The only pitfall I see on face value is if your change will allow potentially dangerous felons to get their gun Rights back too.

As General Mills stated earlier, if worded correctly; I will support it too!

I agree and my Rep. & I did talk about needing to keep firearms out of the hands of dangerous felons. That it should be worded in such a way to prevent that from happening. But for someone in my situation whose conviction involved less than $400, which would not even be considered a felony today, should not be denied their rights. I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of violent people.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I agree and my Rep. & I did talk about needing to keep firearms out of the hands of dangerous felons. That it should be worded in such a way to prevent that from happening. But for someone in my situation whose conviction involved less than $400, which would not even be considered a felony today, should not be denied their rights. I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of violent people.

Then get on with it!

Let us know the progression of it! The first session with a new Gov. should be a laugh riot!

Top Bottom