Rick Daniel Pennington, the Monroe OC guy, likely defrauded those who donated to him

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just throwing it out there that every nurse I know is rather intelligent (as it is not easy to become a nurse) and they ALL know how to write with proper grammar. Attacking someone on the internet while misspelling words and having the overall structure of a third grader really kills any argument you have. If my words are too complex, what I mean is - if u cant rite, ur a losr & r prolly lieing thru ur teef n dont no wat 2 do bsides lie n nsult othrs.

Now...on the notion of pancakes...I am a big fan of IHOP's new Red Velvet Cake pancakes. If you have never tried them, I highly recommend going and spending your day at IHOP. You might want to bring a pillow and a sleeping bag because you probably won't leave.

georg jetson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    SNIP

Steve Raacke IS LOCAL.

As an ex-pres of LOCAL and current chapter VP, let me say that LOCAL is an organization and not just one person. It is true that Steve is currently our most productive member in the south Louisiana area and members like myself are going to have to step up and support him a bit more.

LOCAL's first and foremost objective is awareness and that can only be accomplished through diplomacy, including working with other gun groups. It is my hope that we can see ourselves as one community of arms keepers/bearers and work together to solve any issues we may have.

Thanks for hearing this.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    LOCAL's first and foremost objective is awareness and that can only be accomplished through diplomacy, including working with other gun groups. It is my hope that we can see ourselves as one community of arms keepers/bearers and work together to solve any issues we may have.

Thanks for hearing this.

You might want to be addressing that statement to Steve, then, not us.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Thank you Steve for trying to be productive in the gun community, but the case you are backing, the guy is a douche. I don 't do anything really to spread "the word", so I won't talk ****, but apparently the other guys in here who are talking **** are more productive than you (sarcasm...)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    As an ex-pres of LOCAL and current chapter VP, let me say that LOCAL is an organization and not just one person. It is true that Steve is currently our most productive member in the south Louisiana area and members like myself are going to have to step up and support him a bit more.

Thanks for hearing this.

Remember, you are the people who represent you. Choose the people you support wisely, both internal and the posterboys you champion. Most here, although they may not deem open carry wise, have nothing against open carry or the (non-attention whore) people who do it.

Any bad blood between communities was not started here. Just sayin.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, I have nothing against LOCAL, OCDO, open carry in general as a right. I've done it on occasion, I'd be piiiiiiiiiissed if I didn't have the /choice/ to conceal and was /forced/ to conceal, or not carry at all. I do, however, have a problem with the butthurt bandit who has a history of repetitiously backing and promoting douchebags and ne'erdowells before finding out the real story... and then gets pissed at the people who called him on it, like WE'RE the ones who created the situation.

I saw on the Facebooks that Steve was at the last LSA meeting and made sure that EVERYONE THERE got a LOCAL pamphlet. Personally, had I attended that meeting, I'd have avoided him and the pamphlet simply to distance myself from him. Him. Not LOCAL, just him. He seems incapable of separating the disdain for his actions from what he thinks is our attitude toward LOCAL, so maybe you'll be able to get the point better.

You need a leader that isn't looking for a fight or praying for a martyr. Chill out. Just spread awareness, information, set examples, network with important people, etc. Don't go begging for a fight because only douchebags beg for fights.

No one wants to be associated with douchebags.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If y'all want breakfast, eat bacon and sausage like a real man. Maybe throw in some ham. TURF and TURF, know what I'm sayin'?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If y'all want breakfast, eat bacon and sausage like a real man. Maybe throw in some ham. TURF and TURF, know what I'm sayin'?
    Are you saying a real man cannot complement his meat with huge, ginormous, fluffy, syrup covered, delicious pancakes?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

Thanks for hearing this.

I appreciate the response. Do other members of local like yourself condone Perringtons behavior? Do the rest of you think it is productive to purposely create encounters with LEO by searching them out and filming them while open carrying or is this only Raackes agenda? He obviously encourages this type of behavior. Do you?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If I might add, two strips of bacon.
    Not enough.

bacon-1024x754.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads