Rick Daniel Pennington, the Monroe OC guy, likely defrauded those who donated to him

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • georg jetson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I appreciate the response. Do other members of local like yourself condone Perringtons behavior? Do the rest of you think it is productive to purposely create encounters with LEO by searching them out and filming them while open carrying or is this only Raackes agenda? He obviously encourages this type of behavior. Do you?

I can't speak for other members individually. I can speak for myself.

There are a number of ways to spread awareness. It appears to me that the best way is to do so in a friendly manner. There does need to be some independent oversight to LEO behavior, but mixing that with other "activist" type behavior may not be the best choice. I personally do not think searching out LEOs and filming them while OCing produces any positive results. I have found it prudent to minimize LEO encounters and would advise any citizen the same.

Speaking specifically to Perringtons behavior, I haven't done my homework enough to comment. I intend to remedy this.

Speaking as the LOCAL SE VP I can say that LOCAL in no way promotes activism that would involve OCing and filming officers. We do however, encourage our membership to carry a recording device to gather evidence in case a LEO contact goes awry. This is in a defensive capacity and not in a "lets take my recorder and my sidearm and go mess with an officer" capacity. We'll strive to make that distinction.

Thanks for your response as well.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I can't speak for other members individually. I can speak for myself.

There are a number of ways to spread awareness. It appears to me that the best way is to do so in a friendly manner. There does need to be some independent oversight to LEO behavior, but mixing that with other "activist" type behavior may not be the best choice. I personally do not think searching out LEOs and filming them while OCing produces any positive results. I have found it prudent to minimize LEO encounters and would advise any citizen the same.

Speaking specifically to Perringtons behavior, I haven't done my homework enough to comment. I intend to remedy this.

Speaking as the LOCAL SE VP I can say that LOCAL in no way promotes activism that would involve OCing and filming officers. We do however, encourage our membership to carry a recording device to gather evidence in case a LEO contact goes awry. This is in a defensive capacity and not in a "lets take my recorder and my sidearm and go mess with an officer" capacity. We'll strive to make that distinction.

Thanks for your response as well.

This is all very reasonable and it seems to be a good way of going about promoting your cause.

As an ex-pres of LOCAL and current chapter VP, let me say that LOCAL is an organization and not just one person. It is true that Steve is currently our most productive member in the south Louisiana area and members like myself are going to have to step up and support him a bit more.

LOCAL's first and foremost objective is awareness and that can only be accomplished through diplomacy, including working with other gun groups. It is my hope that we can see ourselves as one community of arms keepers/bearers and work together to solve any issues we may have.

Thanks for hearing this.

As far as this, I agree again. The problem is that Steve is not invested in diplomacy, he isn't building relationships, he is destroying them. Think about it from this perspective. The last things we have seen out of him are him promoting this guy who is being blatantly dishonest, then disappearing when his dishonesty is exposed, him bad mouthing this forum and attempting to misrepresent the truth on opencarry.org, him backing more dishonest people without vetting their stories, and him throwing temper tantrums here.

Here are just a few snippits

From opencarry.org
    We are waiting to hear from the OP and get more info and see if we need to remove some information from the sites where it's been posted.
    It is nice to get support from someone after the harrassment and troll attacks we see on some other forums. Our States' most popular gun forum is outright hostile to us. Sad to see how fractured things are in the gun community.
    As I'm sure you've gathered from this thread, we have nothing against local, we have something against the way Steve conducts himself.

From our forum
    Frack It. I said I wan't going to participat in this cesspool anymore but you idiots are constantly in here spewing so much misinformation and bovine feces that it's hard to watch even signed out.
    So here. Read this and try to get it straight. Home or no home you can't carry in LA without a CHP unless you are part of the privilaged class.

http://uptownmessenger.com/2012/10/owen-courreges-reasonable-protection-for-gun-owners/

So screw you. I'm out of here. Again.

A link to him not vetting sources again
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?97383-Lawyer-needed-OCer-arrested-in-Monroe-LA

He, not local, is the problem. He shields himself behind the organization and attempts to blame people's distaste for him, on their distaste for the organization. As a face of LOCAL he does more to strain and break relationships with the gun community than he does to form them.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Georg, I think you and I pretty much agree. The things you say are general ideas that most anyone who advocates carrying a gun would say. Don't start **** with police if it's not necessary. If you are encountered by police about your gun or especially if you have to use it - audio recording is your best friend... IF you're not breaking the law!

But your President, while toting that he's LOCAL President and throwing around his position so publicly; cannot separate his desire for confrontational activism. That is the type of person LOCAL should distance themselves from. Herohog, you, and others in LOCAL have been reasonable people who don't do stupid things or say stupid things as far as I can recall. There are plenty of people who just want to do the right thing and live and let live. Maybe you could get back your Ruston folk who just quit - I don't know the specifics of that situation - if Steve were to step down.

Steve didn't seem to always be like this, but in the past couple years he seems to have gotten a little more aggressive.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Georg, I think you and I pretty much agree. The things you say are general ideas that most anyone who advocates carrying a gun would say. Don't start **** with police if it's not necessary. If you are encountered by police about your gun or especially if you have to use it - audio recording is your best friend... IF you're not breaking the law!

But your President, while toting that he's LOCAL President and throwing around his position so publicly; cannot separate his desire for confrontational activism. That is the type of person LOCAL should distance themselves from. Herohog, you, and others in LOCAL have been reasonable people who don't do stupid things or say stupid things as far as I can recall. There are plenty of people who just want to do the right thing and live and let live. Maybe you could get back your Ruston folk who just quit - I don't know the specifics of that situation - if Steve were to step down.

Steve didn't seem to always be like this, but in the past couple years he seems to have gotten a little more aggressive.

This mirrors my thoughts exactly.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Think MEM makes him ride bitch or does he have a sidecar?
    Sidecar riding wouldn't let him show of his hip-bling, so I'm assuming they ride bitch and alternate who carries on which side of their belt, so they can be obviously open-carrying regardless of which side you see them from.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    We are all having a little fun with this, including me.

But I haven't forgotten the serious side of this.

We have people who are destroying an organization's message with their actions and behaviors.
    Whether is it intentionally going out to bait and film cops or wearing a full LEO style gun belt to open carry, both behaviors ruin any good that LOCAL does.
    And sadly, my personal interactions with a lot of these open carriers while in uniform has been disappointing at best.
    All I had to say was "Hello" to start them digging for cellphones to video me and chips to place on their shoulders.
    Then there were the few that looked outright terrified that a cop saw them carrying.

Obviously all of the above have listened to the embellished tales from the aforementioned individuals about police encounters.

And we haven't touched on the most important issue me: the zero training behavior exhibited by many of the open carriers I have met.
    But we will save that discussion for another day.

georg jetson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012

I do know that Steve is passionate about OC. I think he's a bit frustrated that so many of our membership, me included, have dropped the ball. We(LOCAL) have a lot of work to do. Thank ya'll very much for the input.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Will there be bacon with the pancakes at IHOP? I sure hope so, man I love bacon. The only thing I love more than bacon is more bacon. If someone was selling bacon wrapped bacon on a stick, I would definitely buy some.

But seriously, since this thread started with some dimwit begging for donations, whether a scam or not, I would like to ask for donations as well. I plan to buy bacon with any and all funds received. If any BayouShooter members would like to join me for bacon, I will use the donated funds to buy every member present an equal portion of bacon. Any funds left over will go to the purchase of more bacon.

You can send donations via PayPal by using my email address: nolaradio at gmail.com. Or you can email me at the same address for my mailing address if you would just like to send a donation of bacon.
    http://youtu.be/w3LkWVqYecE?t=28s

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Will there be bacon with the pancakes at IHOP? I sure hope so, man I love bacon. The only thing I love more than bacon is more bacon. If someone was selling bacon wrapped bacon on a stick, I would definitely buy some.

But seriously, since this thread started with some dimwit begging for donations, whether a scam or not, I would like to ask for donations as well. I plan to buy bacon with any and all funds received. If any BayouShooter members would like to join me for bacon, I will use the donated funds to buy every member present an equal portion of bacon. Any funds left over will go to the purchase of more bacon.

You can send donations via PayPal by using my email address: nolaradio at gmail.com. Or you can email me at the same address for my mailing address if you would just like to send a donation of bacon.

What's the greatest nation in the world?

Donation.

JR1572

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    We have people who are destroying an organization's message with their actions and behaviors.
    Whether is it intentionally going out to bait and film cops or wearing a full LEO style gun belt to open carry, both behaviors ruin any good that LOCAL does.

But Steve did not chastise this type of behavior.

Instead he supported it and asked another Firearms Community to do the same.

If the President of LOCAL supports it, then LOCAL itself not only supports it, but promotes such actions.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    But Steve did not chastise this type of behavior.

Instead he supported it and asked another Firearms Community to do the same.

If the President of LOCAL supports it, then LOCAL itself not only supports it, but promotes such actions.

And instead of apologizing for bringing this guy here and promoting his deception, he tucked tail and ran. Then when he got called on it he went to another forum and claimed the animosity was directed towards LOCAL as opposed to the root of the problem, him.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Some donation efforts are for noble causes. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom