Rick Daniel Pennington, the Monroe OC guy, likely defrauded those who donated to him

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    But Steve did not chastise this type of behavior.

Instead he supported it and asked another Firearms Community to do the same.

If the President of LOCAL supports it, then LOCAL itself not only supports it, but promotes such actions.

And now it is up to Georg and the others to decide if this is the direction LOCAL should go.

LOCAL *could* do many things to help not only their own image, but the image of all gun owners across the state.

Instead they allow people like Steve, Pennington, and MEM to define them.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    And now it is up to Georg and the others to decide if this is the direction LOCAL should go.

LOCAL *could* do many things to help not only their own image, but the image of all gun owners across the state.

I feel like we've had this conversation 4 years ago, but it was in reverse :dunno:

:D

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

My attitude towards Georg and others is a general "phfffft".

How long has LOCAL been circling the drain with the current leadership direction? At least a good solid 18 months, yes? Georg does make sense here. And I'm certain others who champion open carry for the right reasons are equally intelligent. But they are supporting and defending their president and others like him. LOCAL is not so huge that it would take much to give it an overhaul and change of direction.

Their allowance has made them defacto Steves and MEMs.

I think they decided a long time ago. Any attempt to sound reasonable, again, is met with a Phffft! on my part as a result.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Just to state: I would rabidly defend our right to open carry. But I think in general it's not smart.

A hunter who wants a good snake gun on his hip shouldn't be arrested for walking into a service station to buy a deer tag.

Open carrying around a bunch of people seeking conflict, dumb and you should be head butted with your own piece.

Just my two cents. :)

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I didn't think MEM was a LOCAL type of guy? I thought he routinely criticized them as being "eat and retreat" or some ****.

MEM is his own special brand of kookoonut and he flies solo far as I ever heard. Though lately Yale/SRaacke seems to be wanting to team up.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You must also realize that Steve owns the site. It's not like it's some partnered operation where folks have shares.

He owns the site, he's the president. The End

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I didn't think MEM was a LOCAL type of guy? I thought he routinely criticized them as being "eat and retreat" or some ****.

MEM is his own special brand of kookoonut and he flies solo far as I ever heard. Though lately Yale/SRaacke seems to be wanting to team up.

MEM does not frequent the site and I don't think the get togethers either.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    You must also realize that Steve owns the site. It's not like it's some partnered operation where folks have shares.

He owns the site, he's the president. The End

And there in lies the problem. That was the reason for my statement "Steve Raacke is LOCAL". The organization is stuck with him. There is no way they could boot him without loosing the site and probably all the organizational contacts as well. No doubt he holds the purse strings too.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    And there in lies the problem. That was the reason for my statement "Steve Raacke is LOCAL". The organization is stuck with him. There is no way they could boot him without loosing the site and probably all the organizational contacts as well. No doubt he holds the purse strings too.

So he owns the LOCAL name, more or less.

Point is: if everybody doesn't want to follow the leader, they can go off and make a new club house so to speak.

LOCAL isn't that big. Open Carry advocacy is huge. OCLA could be born just as easy. Steve owning the website isn't an excuse to let it continue.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

I wonder if he makes any money by running that site.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Wait, wait, wait!!!!!!!!

Guys can be nurses?

MURSE!

1336786297974_1622957.png

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

Point is: if everybody doesn't want to follow the leader, they can go off and make a new club house so to speak.

Actually that is just what happened in Monroe. The Chapter Pres and VP left and are starting their own org. We don't know the reasons though, other than Raacke's "Leadership Skills".

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

LOCAL isn't that big. Open Carry advocacy is huge. OCLA could be born just as easy. Steve owning the website isn't an excuse to let it continue.

Godadddy here I come... If anyone would like an Open Carry Louisiana (man that has a nice ring doesn't it!) domain hit me up.

:rofl:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I feel like we've had this conversation 4 years ago, but it was in reverse :dunno:

:D

No, my opinion hasn't shifted in the least except that I can see where a LOCAL type of organization could be useful under the right leadership.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom