Ron Paul offensive tweet on slain veteran Chris Kyle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why would Ron Paul say something like this at this time? Was this just really poorly worded????? Chris Kyle believed in what he was doing, and was trying to make a difference in peoples' lives....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360007405.382525.jpg

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    This is very surprising, but I'm not sure what sickens me most... his statement, or his defenders claiming "Ron Paul stands by his beliefs for better or worse! Go Paul!" and such crap.

What a fool. It's hard to gauge motivations from a short tweet, but it's hard to see it as coming off any way other than anti-gun or anti-soldier... not sure which, or both.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This is very surprising, but I'm not sure what sickens me most... his statement, or his defenders claiming "Ron Paul stands by his beliefs for better or worse! Go Paul!" and such crap.

What a fool. It's hard to gauge motivations from a short tweet, but it's hard to see it as coming off any way other than anti-gun or anti-soldier... not sure which, or both.

Yea it's weird for sure. I mean we could twist it up good all based on preception.

I mean if you are a Swordsman, dying by the Sword would be honorable right?
    &
    Taking someone with severe PTSD to a Gun Range might not be the best idea right?

But.....ahh jeez I don't know what to make of it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Puzzling. No, I'm not sure what he meant, either..

Ill advised, either way. Looks bad....:dunno:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Guys.......that's tame compared to some of the filth I've read. None of which I will share or repeat. My blood pressure is spiking just thinking about it.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think the point Paul was trying to make is that unfortunately part of the blame for his death was his own mistakes. To my knowledge he had no training on how to treat mental health, then he handed a mentally ill man, one with PTSD no less, a gun in a room full of gunshots. Bad timing, insensitive, that's not something I'm going to get into, but I think that is what he is getting at. I also think his response was from a doctor not a politician. Obviously it wasn't the popular response, but I think most health care providers would agree handing a very mentally ill man a gun, in a situation with sounds similar to a very stressful time in his life is a bad idea.

What bothers me more than Paul's comments are the people working feverously to produce the coolest RIP photo to generate traffic or implying relationships that weren't there. While Paul's statements were poorly timed his offense doesn't involve awesome by association profiteering.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    This isn't right having Ron Pauls' comments merged in with a memorial thread about Chris.
    To be fair, it was only merged after oleheat had already posted what he did, with the RP screenshot, so the result was a neutral change in 'damage' unless they were to merge his into your RP thread.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I can promise you than Ron Paul's old ass did not pull out his iphone and write that.

No- but it would seem seem that someone in his "official camp" did.

I don't know.....Just seems kind of odd to let that appear on the net in his name, that's all....:dunno:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Twitter Page;https://twitter.com/RonPaul

This is disappointing coming from Ron Paul who supposedly gets the largest amount of financial support from Military Veterans.

Interesting.

Not sure, but I'm thinking two things:

1. I'm not too sure about PTSD at a range either.

2. He may be talking about America Living and Dieing by the sword and causing the PTSD to happen, more so than Kyle living by the sword. That actually would line up with RP's beliefs as he thinks we are in too many conflicts.... we should mind our own business.... etc.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thumbs-up, Ritten.

Yea, Honestly I'm gonna ignore the RP thing until we hear an explanation. I think it's gotten enough press that they will react.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Thumbs-up, Ritten.

Yea, Honestly I'm gonna ignore the RP thing until we hear an explanation. I think it's gotten enough press that they will react.

Yea I think Mayo has a point. Did Ron Paul himself type that from his Phone? Hmm eitherway someone in his camp sent it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom