Seeing how I pound NOLA about the shootings, its only fair imo.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I guess that month was up. Appears 2 teenagers shot and murdered a man in Hammond, Dec 26th. The day after Christmas, all that holiday joy and love just doesn't work for them. The usual suspects as booking pics prove. These people don't even hesitate to shoot/kill someone. They are flat out ruining our society. Can't Oprah or Klam Harris fix this?

shooting in Hamm Dec 26th.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I clicked on a murder court case youtube video yesterday, so as a result of that, I got a nearly endless supply of similar video suggestions. The cases of violence, and especially murder, are more than enough to make you know something is very wrong with some portion of society. I can't let myself forget that what I see is only a small percentage of the events that occur.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    When I worked in Atlanta and worked Roadside assistance for them. I had a few customers who thought I should be able to warranty the repairs on their cars even though they were clearly out of warranty only because the salesman had told them they had a warranty when they just bought some old worn out POS. Had one dude threaten me because of this same issue and he told me he was "Gonna bus you up mother f&&%$#" At the time I didn't have a weapon other that a kershaw knife and a long handle screwdriver. I just backed away and told him "Have a nice day sir" . Started packing after that one.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    These self centered narcissistic adults are the result of parents who tried to be cool by permiting their kids to do anything with no rules or consequences. I have had white and black coworkers who braged about how they were such cool parents. One of them braged about letting her 4 year old watch "Scarface." Everyone in the room asked her if she was out of her mind.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    These self centered narcissistic adults are the result of parents who tried to be cool by permiting their kids to do anything with no rules or consequences. I have had white and black coworkers who braged about how they were such cool parents. One of them braged about letting her 4 year old watch "Scarface." Everyone in the room asked her if she was out of her mind.
    Just this afternoon a BMW driver was so full of himself, he stopped in front of me in the middle of the road, blocking traffic to go into someones front yard to steal fruit off the trees.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    A lot of the parents are drug addicts. I recall a story one of the cafe managers told me a good number of parents send their kids to school just for babysitting and a free meal. It’s pretty sad to hear. To be born into a world of druggies and parents that didn’t want you in the first place. The only family they grow to know are street gangs and the only way to make money is through crime.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    It is FUBAR and nothing will fix it either. Broken families, broken culture. Most will not even accept or recognize what the problem is, and just who is committing the crimes. I read and watch NOLA news daily on line with my coffee in the morning, as I grew up in NOLA. I cannot remember the last time I saw a white shooter, partaking in a crime. To my memory that would be Ronald Gasser. He shot a guy somewhere on the west bank if I remember right. Road rage gone bad. And that was 5 or 6 years ago, easy. Gasser was sentenced to 10 or 15 years in prison in the end.

Nothing will stop the violence in deep south Louisiana. LE is reactionary at this point, and I def don't blame them. The mayor of Bogaloosa wants to shut down the city police and totally rely upon the parish Sheriff. The mayor is age 23 and looks like Oprah btw. I say do it, they want to see just how bad it can get? What kind of mayor pushes something like this?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Think about this. We have a society with children being raised without any aspect of religion and their parents also never stepped into a church in their life. Religion was removed from public schools 60 years ago. We now have some kids who are 3rd or fourth generation of absolutely no mention of God in their life.
    I'm not a holy roller. But I was raised Catholic and there is a voice in my head that if I do some serious wrong like killing someone because he accidently bumped into me and I "felt dissed"....I might go to hell.
    It's just that basic aspect of morals which one gets from religion. That's not a bad thing. But there are a lot of kids out there who have parents and grandparents who have never stepped into a church. Never had an ounce of influence of God or the Devil. Let's face it....There is Evil out there. It's real.
    In any case.... Take a kid like that....Give him a few video games at age 6 like Grand Theft Auto which he plays non stop. And that's where we are today. I don't see it getting much better. The world is in a bad place.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Bogaloosa mayor wants to disband police in his town.

This article even better. Look at the pics.

"Truong believes after one year in office, he’s made Bogalusa a better place and is determined to explore alternatives, suggesting a possible shift to the sheriff’s office for policing, following the model of Abita Springs."

Because Bogalusa and Abita Springs are so much alike. LOL
    Wow. I haven't been following this but talk about a mayor who is upside down. As bad as Cantrell is in NOLA , at least she is all for New Orleans hiring more cops. Bogalusa only has 33 cops for a city of 12,000. That is not too many cops IMO.

I found this on Mayor Truong's Facebook Page. what an idiotic thing to harp. Every City in America is looking for more cops right now. And he wants to cut the Police Department. WTH ???
    Truong- "Needing to cut costs is not a new issue. The department's staffing levels exceed acceptable fiscal thresholds set by the state administrator in 2021. The final report recommended downsizing the department TWO YEARS AGO so it’s false when people say they were blindsided by this. I have approached BPD leadership and the union multiple times about overtime concerns and saving costs, with minuscule results. The final report also suggested merging dispatch communications with the parish like most other local governments are doing."

New Orleans used to have 1600 and we are now down to somewhere around 750-800 cops. And we now have a huge problem here. Add catch and release from the DA, and NOLA has literally been ruined in the last 12 years IMO. Crime is out of control. I think we had 6 shootings - 3 dead on Christmas eve and Christmas Day.
    Now hows that for a Merry Christmas.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Here is the latest in Hammond. Dude walks into a Circle K @0830 and helps himself to the storage room. Stole $17,000 in cigarettes and $2300 cash out the purse of the manager. No weapon used. Two duffle bags of merchandise over his shoulders and casually walks right out. Conveniently, the exterior cameras did not work at the time. I'm going out on a limb and say this was an inside job. His dream "bank robbery", like in the movie Heat. Dude be sellin dem smokes in the hood 15 minutes later, 30 cents a smoke. Manager has $2300 of her own money in her purse? And he just walks out this that too? Will the store insurance cover her stolen cash too?
    Yeah, this just doesn't pass the smell test imo. These puckers pull some bold s**t today.

cigarette bandit

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom