Serious question stemming from the Security Gaurd thread.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Oleheat brought up the door geriatrics at Wal-Mart checking people's carts and receipts when they leave in the thread from Hell yesterday. My question is, do they have a right to check it? Once I paid for the goods, do I have to subject myself to being treated as a shoplifter every time I walk out of Wal-Mart or Sam's? It gets on my nerves when I have to wait in line for some arthritic lady who looks as if she's moving backwards to check 10 other carts before I can leave with my stuff. I'm not one to get in arguments over stupid things like this, but for some reason it bugs the Hell out of me and Heat's post had me wondering.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Why does every minor inconvenience have to turn into a Violation of Rights discussion.

Why do Rights even have to come into this situation.

Why don't you one day just walk past and see what happens?

What are they going to do about it?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Oleheat brought up the door geriatrics at Wal-Mart checking people's carts and receipts when they leave in the thread from Hell yesterday. My question is, do they have a right to check it? Once I paid for the goods, do I have to subject myself to being treated as a shoplifter every time I walk out of Wal-Mart or Sam's? It gets on my nerves when I have to wait in line for some arthritic lady who looks as if she's moving backwards to check 10 other carts before I can leave with my stuff. I'm not one to get in arguments over stupid things like this, but for some reason it bugs the Hell out of me and Heat's post had me wondering.

Not being an ass ,but If it bothers you enough to start a thread about it why shop there.

MOTOR51

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    All you have to do is walk right by them... now if in the membership agreement in places like Costco or Sams says you have to allow it, well then they can do it all they want and if you dont do it you get kicked out of the club... I work at Walmart in electronics and people ask me if i disarmed the ipod or something, and I tell them , yes but if it beeps at them then, just run lol...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Just walk past them. If they so much as touch you, shoot them. It's completely legal, but only if you're open carrying and the caliber is .380 or smaller. As soon as the geriatric is down, you'll want to tuck your piece back into your Uncle Mike's holster ASAP so when the poor deputy who got stuck with the Walmart detail approaches you you'll have both hands free to film the encounter. Do not answer their questions at any cost. Simply yell the phrase "Constitutional rights!" repeatedly until the tazer renders you speechless.

Trust me it's all totally legal I've done it like 100 times.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Just walk past them. If they so much as touch you, shoot them. It's completely legal, but only if you're open carrying and the caliber is .380 or smaller. As soon as the geriatric is down, you'll want to tuck your piece back into your Uncle Mike's holster ASAP so when the poor deputy who got stuck with the Walmart detail approaches you you'll have both hands free to film the encounter. Do not answer their questions at any cost. Simply yell the phrase "Constitutional rights!" repeatedly until the tazer renders you speechless.

Actually the Deputies in Covington Walmart love the duty, they get paid OT... not so bad on the check.... plus in the summer your in AC all day...

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

Are you scared she's going to beat you with her cane if you don't comply?

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    We were just talking about that the other day. Back when Wal Mart first opened it was great. Made in the USA stuff, employees were happy, clean stores, a lot of pride there. Now, not so much. :(

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Hell yeah, nobody infringes on my rights either.

MOTOR51

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Not being an ass ,but If it bothers you enough to start a thread about it why shop there.

MOTOR51

Cheaper and closer to my house.

All you have to do is walk right by them... now if in the membership agreement in places like Costco or Sams says you have to allow it, well then they can do it all they want and if you dont do it you get kicked out of the club... I work at Walmart in electronics and people ask me if i disarmed the ipod or something, and I tell them , yes but if it beeps at them then, just run lol...

Thanks for a serious answer. I figured it was in the agreement with Sam's.

:draw:get your F**kn hands off of my Wonder bread :mamoru:

Are you scared she's going to beat you with her cane if you don't comply?

Exactly the problem. I don't want her to feel threatened and knock the **** out of me, like others on this site would if they were the Wal Mart SWAT team :rolleyes:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Pick and choose your battles

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm not saying I'm going in there with a gun in one hand and an iPhone in the other looking to start trouble and be some martyr. I was simply wondering if I were to walk past the lady, what sort of laws, if any, would I be breaking.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    With my luck, if I'd have brushed her aside Granny would have shoved a stun gun in my back. :rofl:

But I know what you're saying. I am not a thief, and don't enjoy being assumed as such. I just decided to use a little mild asshattery to break the ice, and I guess it did the trick.

IF it would have carried on, I would have- reluctantly- had a polite conversation with management. I'm not a 'I'll have your job!' kind of guy- but I won't be the weekly spot-check dummy forever, either. :dogkeke:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    With my luck, if I'd have brushed her aside Granny would have shoved a stun gun in my back. :rofl:

But I know what you're saying. I am not a thief, and don't enjoy being assumed as such. I just decided to use a little mild asshattery to break the ice, and I guess it did the trick.

IF it would have carried on, I would have- reluctantly- had a polite conversation with management. I'm not a 'I'll have your job!' kind of guy- but I won't be the weekly spot-check dummy forever, either. :dogkeke:

Sam that lady just likes big tall men.

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I ignore them quite often. Two years ago on a Saturday morning I was asked "May I see your receipt" as I walked out of one of our local Wal-Marts. "Uh-No" was my reply. The guy looked as though he was going to have a stroke, started stuttering, and shuffled back into the store looking more than a little distressed. As I got to my truck two young (early twenties) males ran up to me and told me not to leave. Both demanded my receipt. I told them they were not getting it and to go away. They insisted they would call the police. "Okay--call them"--confused looks. Both again insisted I had to show the old geezer my receipt. The shorter one of the two was dancing on his toes, moving closer and then farther away from me, clinching his fists, and burning a hole through me with a "ready to leap" stare. He seemed to be looking for a confrontation. I explained that the corporate policy was that they were not supposed to pursue anyone into the parking lot for any reason and they must certainly be aware of this policy. Silence. "Dude we have to have something for these older people to do" "Fine with me but I don't have to show them a receipt if I don't want to. Now I will be leaving" They looked disgusted and went back inside.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    We were just talking about that the other day. Back when Wal Mart first opened it was great. Made in the USA stuff, employees were happy, clean stores, a lot of pride there. Now, not so much. :(

The WallyWorlds up here are a lot different. They aren't as crowded and the employees actually care about you.

I shopped this afternoon and the "geriatric lady" just smiled.

Perhaps shoplifting is not as much a problem here?
    :eh:

Top Bottom