Smallest/Reliable Pocket Gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    PF-9

P-F9
    Carry mine everyday in all different types or wear. Jeans, Slacks, shorts!
    IT IS A POCKET GUN!
    I GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEE!;)
    IMG_0863.jpg

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have a pf-9 also, it is a great gun. I carry it or my xd9sc everyday. The pf9 is small, light and easy to carry, it does indeed fit in some of my pockets. My xdsc and xdm fit in some of my pockets but I don't consider them to be on the class of "pocket" gun.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have the LCP ~150 rounds through it so far, not one hiccup. Maybe b/c mine is a later model w/ the blued barrel. I think serial number 372xxx. I Also have the CT laser on it.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Im in the market for a pocket gun when the need arises. There are times when a Glock Sub is even too big to carry in certain circumstances. I have been kicking around the idea and wanted to open it up to ya'll. Reliability, concealability and caliber are all factors. These are the candidates:

1. Ruger LCP
    2. Keltec
    3. NAA .22 Long
    4. Beretta Bobcat
    5. Seecamp

1. no experience with the Ruger
    2. had a Keltec, an older model, VERY handy with the pocket clip, actually pretty accurate
    3. come on, single action? and it's hard to hit much past 5 feet (although the black widow models are better)
    4. the Beretta is good but a good bit thicker than the others. I had one and sold it to get the Keltec, never regretted it
    5. for the price of a Seecamp, you can get 2 of the others

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    .25 auto is a joke. I think I'd rather have a knife to defend myself with.

"Just remember that if you use the .25 to shoot someone,
    shoot them in the face. Makes them easier to identify in the
    lineup." - Skeeter Skelton

If you are talking about an EASY to carry and conceal handgun you have to admit a .25 is the most concealable and most power for it's size.

If you can tolerate something larger then a snubbie .38/357 would be ideal.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Im in the market for a pocket gun when the need arises. There are times when a Glock Sub is even too big to carry in certain circumstances. I have been kicking around the idea and wanted to open it up to ya'll. Reliability, concealability and caliber are all factors. These are the candidates:

1. Ruger LCP
    2. Keltec
    3. NAA .22 Long
    4. Beretta Bobcat
    5. Seecamp

There is a really nice 38/357 snubbie out there, a Rossi model 462, all stainless and it is a 6 SHOT, not like the 5 shot other brands. And don't let anyone fool you, this gun is a very well made and great shooting powerhouse. Dollar bill for size comparison.

r3bplrdiiuogp2j2mt1.jpg

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Comparison Chart

This is a handy-dandy chart to compare sizes and weights of a lot of the popular so-called pocket-autos. Save, print it, whatever but be sure to at least click on it and view it full-size. I found the finger outlines to be pretty handy as well.

4l9eh8gy00fdgd8kek8n.jpg

David2011

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Gladewater, TX
    +1 on Kel-Tec. I have a 4" bull barrelled 1911 in .45ACP, a Kahr CW40, a Glock and an old Kel-Tec P-40 (9+1 rounds of .40) which is unfortunately out of production. The Kel-Tec gets more carry time that all the rest combined. It's unpleasant to shoot but conceals easily inside the waistband with their carry clip or it hides well in a pocket in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. It's the same basic gun as the current P-11 9mm model. It's a little thicker than the single stack Kel-Tecs but still thinner than a 1911 or Glock. The Kel-Tec will reliably ring a steel plate at 35 yards for as long as you can stand to shoot it. At 14 ounces empty the recoil is substantial. It is only appropriate for people who shoot a lot. It seems that it was discontinued because of FTF problems. THe design is OK but people didn't hold on tight enough so it suffered from limp wristing if not held like you mean it. The trigger pull is long and heavy. It will not go off easily when you didn't expect it. An 8.5 lb trigger pull mainspring is available from the manufacturer to replace the 10 pound pull of earlier models. That's no heavier than many revolvers. The ultralight hammer and long, firm trigger pull are the safeties. Like a revolver, it's always ready to go with no external safeties. I feel like it's far less likely to discharge than the safe action guns and it is a true double action only unlike the Kahr or Glock. You can pull the trigger over and over and get a full hammer strike every time without cycling the slide.

David

Top Bottom