Spotting Scope

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I am in the market for a spotting scope for highpower competition. I really just want a starter scope to help read scores. I can always upgrade as needed and sell off this one. Anyone have experience with this particular one? I know I saw some Konus scopes out at the clinic.

I was looking at this Konus 7120 20-60x80mm

http://www.opticsplanet.net/konus-konuspot-80-80mm-3-1-spotting-scope.html

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    That is the scope that was at the clinic. The price is good. I paid $190 for the ones at the clinic, but then again, I bought 6 at once and they were for juniors. There are alot of good deals for junior teams.

Tha most important thing you will do with your scope is read mirage at 300 and 600 yards. It is one of the best wind direction and speed indicators available. That Konus is capable of doing it. The only problem is that it does not have very long eye releif so you need to bring it in real close to you in prone.

Dan

PS Don't set it for more than about 25X.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The Army Marksmanship unit is spending your tax dollars so they can afford the best available for any particular job. They chose the Kowa so that may say something. I have seen a few Leicas on the line, but don't recall any Swarovskis. Eye relief has a lot to do with our choices, because we like to be able to look through the scope when in position. Kowa makes a long eye relief eyepiece.

Dan

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    I'm on a budget so I purchased one of the Konus 80mm ones just like the juniors are using. Came in yesterday from

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/289759-REG/Konus_7120_Konuspot_80_3_1_80mm_Spotting_Scope.html

They are currently out of stock. It appears I may have purchased the last one for now. Price listed is $219 but if you click on it you see actual sale price. I paid $169.99 + about $10 for shipping. It's the best price I could find on this scope online. Hopefully they will have more in stock soon for those interested.

(Jay's dollars at work)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom