Stolen MC Situation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Personally...

I don't ever plan to draw my weapon unless I feel I absolutely have to use it. In addition, I've made the personal decision that absolutely no posession is worth me taking any life (even a criminal). Florida, Texas whatever; I don't care what state I live in, I wouldn't take a life over "stuff." I happen to be very fond of my little Itallian motorcycle and I'll watch it get stolen before I use a firearm.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    When it comes to your MC, the best way to handle the op situation is to grab your truck keys, follow them until you have a chance then just run over the SOB, stay in your vehicle wait for the LEO to arrive on the scene and just tell the cop "I never saw the MC, it came out of NO WHERE" Sad but true when it comes to vehicular homicide when a MC is involved, the driver of the cage usually gets off just because there was a MC involved.
    OH and if you have to roll over him and the bike a few extra times, just tell the cops, you freaked out and could not find park, and you kept trying to get your truck off the poor unfortunate biker and well he just got ran over a few extra times :) ;)

Just ask the intoxicated female mayor in Sorrento, who killed a man and severely injured the passenger. :( She walked with out any punishment!

After the fact you can report the MC stolen!
    Now tell me again why the sociality we live in is so damn GREAT????

PS: I have been riding MC's for over 30 years on the hiways in Louisiana, it's almost like we have a target on our backs!

Last edited:

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    speedlace, i actually did think about my wording. i meant in the engine COMPARTMENT in hopes of hitting some other vital organs of the engine such as the radiator or water pump, etc. Good point on your part though. I actually knew better than to think that any bullet could penetrate the actual block if fired from a hand gun.

Man, why aren't you in the Competition forum right now?? Your name must be Superduper McAwesome if you can shoot out (4) 8" wide tires on a *Fleeing* getaway vehicle - all while not hitting another car/house/civilian.

If you did this (and if your Chuck Norris like accuracy didn't prevail), you would be charged with much more than Discharge of a Firearm Within City Limits.

Use your head people...............

alright, listen up nut bag. this was a hypothetical situation. i would never be able to hit it if it were speeding away but i never mentioned anything about a fleeing car. i just created the idea in my head that i might be able to get to their vehicle before they hopped in and took off. i definately wouldn't be running down the street of a crowded neighborhood randomly firing a weapon. why don't you use your head before you blert out anymore smartass remarks.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Best solution is to get yourself a POS motorcycle that has to be jump started all the time like my son's bike. It's much harder to steal if you can't just ride off on it. ;)

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Do not ever use deadly force just for property, only to save one from great bodily harm or death.

Then, you can be at peace with yourself.

Say you're a farmer, the world is an uproar, and the only way you can feed your family, is by growing, harvesting, and eating your own crops, which can only be accomplished with a piece of machinery. One night, some equally desperate people come to your farm and try to steal this piece of machinery, you hear them and run outside with a gun. Are you going to shoot them and prevent them from stealing just some property, or let them get away with the equipment because no property is worth killing over and you feel sorry for them?

Everyone should answer yes to pulling the trigger, because if you don't, your family starves to death.

You see my point? Just because they're stealing something from you that isn't immediately paramount to your survival doesn't mean it can't affect you down the road. What if said motorcycle is this guy's only way of getting to and from work and say it was improperly insured through a fault of his agent. Only, he can't seek damages against the agent because he can't afford a lawyer. So now he has no way to get to his job that's 50 miles away. The economy is in the shitter and he can't find enough work to support his family. One of his kids contracts some life threatening disease, only they have no insurance because he has no money, he has no money because he has no job, and he has no job because he has no ride, and he has no ride because some ******* stole his bike, and the holier than though assholes of the world think criminals have rights.

Last edited:

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    If you draw down on them and they will not stop and hit the dirt, I say when they to take off, shoot them, and say "The prep tried to run me over" then it would be self defence. Not that I would ever do this, especially since I don't own a bike. But you should be able to defend personnel property. With the cost of vehicles these days, cars,trucks, motorcycles, ATV, and boats, you should be able do what the situation warrants.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    A human life is worth more than wheels and metal and all sorts of things. Just think, that A-H is someones brother, husband, Uncle, son, Dad, friend. Not for property.

But like I said, in defense of your life the court may, I repeat, may find you acted with reasonable cause, unless of course, the deceased would turn out to be an illegal alien, then, you can "kiss the baby".

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    That's why you can pay money for insurance.

My bike gets stolen, I get a new bike.

You should make a significant effort to prevent them from being stolen in the first place, though. Being at an apartment with no garage makes it more difficult. A pager alarm is a good start, but better would be to chain/cable them down to something (or possibly chain them together). Wheel/brake locks would be good, too. And you can pickup a motorcycle cover pretty cheaply, which will keep the bikes nicer and also draw less attention to them, which you can also put a lock on.

If you could cover and cable the bikes that would be a much better deterrence and it would give the criminals that many more steps to go through to steal your bikes, offering you time to respond and get in front of the bikes with a car/your body/etc.

Now of course any dedicated, semi-intelligent criminal will be able to defeat your defenses and get the bike, but that's what insurance is for. Bike insurance is cheap.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I'm in the insurance claims defense business, best advice, don't shoot as you will be wearing stainless steel bracelets compliments of the local LEO for illegal discharge, wave them goodbye and wish them luck on their new motorcycle, as I mentioned many times on this site, our clients / homeowners have been sued for shootings, stabbings, beatings with baseball bats, tire irons, etc, for incidents that were absolutely no fault of their own, the perps, bad guys, ass&*^%$ will sue your homeowners and you personally above and beyond your policy limits everytime, period, we live in a liberal plaintiff attorney controlled society, now get used to it and with the New Hussein Controlled Kingdom its only going to get worse.

BRLAShooter

Smart @$$ Extraordinaire
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I do have insurance, and the only problem with chaining the bike to something is that I dont have anything I could chain my bike to near my apartment. Wheel/Brake locks are a semi good idea, any criminal who wants to take a bike knows how to take the front wheel off, where the lock resides, so it actually only creates an extra step for a BG that wants the bike.

As I originally said, this came up because of another thread on another board, where a Member caught someone trying to steal his bike, and then two days later saw the exact same truck casing the street. If the BG is gonna go through that much effort, i.e., casing the area, they're gonna be ready to remove a wheel, if neccessary, IMHO.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    One of the reasons I got out of Law Enforcement, same bad guys kept bonding out of jail before I was finished doing the paperwork at the office, yes I had one laughing at me at Waffle house, he was almost finished his meal as I walked in from finishing processing him for 2 counts of burglary, multiple offender, justice system is a joke, it is broken and with the new Liberals in power its only going to get worse,

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I do have insurance, and the only problem with chaining the bike to something is that I dont have anything I could chain my bike to near my apartment. Wheel/Brake locks are a semi good idea, any criminal who wants to take a bike knows how to take the front wheel off, where the lock resides, so it actually only creates an extra step for a BG that wants the bike.

As I originally said, this came up because of another thread on another board, where a Member caught someone trying to steal his bike, and then two days later saw the exact same truck casing the street. If the BG is gonna go through that much effort, i.e., casing the area, they're gonna be ready to remove a wheel, if neccessary, IMHO.

If you have two bikes you could try chaining them together. A group of guys can lift a bike into a truck, but it's a lot more difficult when two are strapped together. What would be easier than removing a wheel would be to carry around some good bolt cutters or a grinder. :) But those are generally out of the price range of your average thug.

Someone who does this for a living will be able to steal your bike if he wants it, period. The only thing you can do is make yours less attractive so that he'll move along to the next one. Aside from parking your bike in your livingroom, a professional will always be able to get your bike (and he could probably get it from your livingroom too if he really wanted).

Someone like you described above who is prepared to remove wheels, etc, in a timely fashion is going to be gone with the bike before you can react. In that sort of situation, defending the bike with force is probably irrelevant because you won't have the time to get to your bike before it's gone.

Otherwise, easy things like covers, cables, and locks with a good alarm system should at the very least buy you time, if not discourage a would-be-theif from even thinking about boosting your bike.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Property is never worth a life, no matter how you look at it.

:rolleyes: There is no doubt that some property is worth a life, and much more.

When the government decides you no longer have a right to the property you own, and they evict you from your house with no reparations, we'll see if you're so ready to submit then.

A criminal engaged in stealing property of yours is not merely engaging in a criminal act. He is engaged in an act which is outside of accepted societal norms and which should result in punishment. I am not saying that EVERY person who engages in such an act should necessarily be killed, I am merely saying that once a person has stepped outside the boundaries of our society, any consequences which result from those actions are the responsibility of the person engaged in those actions, and that person alone.

Top Bottom