Stolen MC Situation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    i think i would fire rounds into all four tires of the get away vehicle (if there was one) and empty the rest of the clip into the engine block. I would rather get slapped with unlawful discharge of a weapon than killing the SOB and going to prison for it.

Hmmm, now you have one or more perpetrators and no ammunition for your firearm. Smart move fella.......:mamoru:

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    :rolleyes: There is no doubt that some property is worth a life, and much more.

When the government decides you no longer have a right to the property you own, and they evict you from your house with no reparations, we'll see if you're so ready to submit then.

A criminal engaged in stealing property of yours is not merely engaging in a criminal act. He is engaged in an act which is outside of accepted societal norms and which should result in punishment. I am not saying that EVERY person who engages in such an act should necessarily be killed, I am merely saying that once a person has stepped outside the boundaries of our society, any consequences which result from those actions are the responsibility of the person engaged in those actions, and that person alone.

+[insert large number here]

BRLAShooter

Smart @$$ Extraordinaire
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Okay, so we've beaten to death the fact that I/We CANNOT shoot to kill. BUT, can we shoot in the leg/stomach/somewhere we know is non lethal? I'm not saying I'm that good of a marksman, but, HYPOTHETICALLY, would that be considered Attempted Murder? Say, I walk out and say "I'm placing you under Citizens Arrest." I've already called the cops, and they're on their way. I am able to use force to restrain them (I believe I understand that correctly, but correct me if i'm wrong), so would I be able to shoot to incapacitate, as opposed to shoot to kill?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Your legal ability to do so I cannot really comment on.

But in civil court you are likely to ruin yourself and to be sued for more than you can pay for.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Okay, so we've beaten to death the fact that I/We CANNOT shoot to kill. BUT, can we shoot in the leg/stomach/somewhere we know is non lethal? I'm not saying I'm that good of a marksman, but, HYPOTHETICALLY, would that be considered Attempted Murder? Say, I walk out and say "I'm placing you under Citizens Arrest." I've already called the cops, and they're on their way. I am able to use force to restrain them (I believe I understand that correctly, but correct me if i'm wrong), so would I be able to shoot to incapacitate, as opposed to shoot to kill?

Holy ****! Can we please have a sticky at the top of this forum or something??

Firing "Warning Shots," shooting people in non-lethal areas to "stop" them, and doing ninja flips while shooting out people's tires and dodging ray guns is ALL ****ING RETARDED!

If you really think you need to shoot someone, then you'd damn well better try to kill them. If you have some hesitation/thought/whisper in the back of your mind that says, "You know, maybe I can't justifiably shoot this guy," then don't ****ing fire the weapon!

I don't understand how that concept is so difficult to grasp.

BRLAShooter

Smart @$$ Extraordinaire
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Holy ****! Can we please have a sticky at the top of this forum or something??

Firing "Warning Shots," shooting people in non-lethal areas to "stop" them, and doing ninja flips while shooting out people's tires and dodging ray guns is ALL ****ING RETARDED!

If you really think you need to shoot someone, then you'd damn well better try to kill them. If you have some hesitation/thought/whisper in the back of your mind that says, "You know, maybe I can't justifiably shoot this guy," then don't ****ing fire the weapon!

I don't understand how that concept is so difficult to grasp.

Hey now, this is simply supposed to be about the legal ramifications of a hypothetical situation.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    You should shoot to stop a/the threat, never shot to kill. Sometimes stopping a threat results incapacitation, sometimes it results in a death.
    Only shot when your life is threatened.

:rofl:@arm &legs shots
    You can be charged with aggravated battery.

Leg shots can be deadly if you hit the femoral artery, you can bleed to death.
    Football player Sean Taylor died this way.
    Lower_Leg_Arteries_lg.jpg

:)

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

If the bad guy had some heart condition and you punched him in the chest and he keeled over and died, that could be considered "lethal force." If you get your 300lb brother in law to sit on the guy and he suffocates, that could be lethal force.

Lethal force has a lot more to do with the result of the force than the intent of the force.

Countless people have been sent to prison for murder who claimed to only want to "hurt, not kill" another.

"Hypothetically" if you want to "legally" be in the clear, I think your best bet is to not lay a finger on the guy unless you are reasonably in fear for your life.

BRLAShooter

Smart @$$ Extraordinaire
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks Jade, I hadn't considered other options that might be lethal as well, but put like that, that makes a lot of sense. So, Note to Self, Make sure the BG is pointing a gun at me before I pull the trigger.

I would suppose, then, that using a knife would be the same, i.e., if I was attempting to nick a BG and cut a major artery and they BG bled out, then, whether I was attempting to kill or not, I did kill, no matter the circumstances. Whether the killing is justified via the castle doctrine depends on the events, but as a participant in the event, I would have killed someone.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Oh for the love of all things sacred, shoot the stupid sob , stick a knife in his hand and say he lunged at you. oh sureeee its not the "right" and "honest" way, but ill bet you 2 things..

1. He wont ever steal another bike.
    2. U wont get arrested unless ur stupid.

(yes i know, im soo dumb for posting it in case one day it happens and i will fry.. yadda yadda, spare me please.)

Why is everyone so worried about a criminals rights? Its simple, if you chose to steal from me, im going to stop you. Once i do that, im going to self protect, meaning make sure my ass doesn't go to jail.
    This story is actually quite familiar to me, 3yrs ago downtown i had a kids quad for my daughter on a trailer, parked in my driveway, watching tv and my g/f says "hey theres 2 black guys with the 4wheeler pushing it across the street" so i told her call 911, i went outside with a pair of 45's. I yelled "ok which one of u stupid mother****ers (sans the other words) wants shot first?" they both let go the quad and ran towards an apt complex, yelling "**** u mofo" i was standing in the middle of the street when the cops showed up, gun in each hand, they all got out and said which way did they go? so we all went for a walk, me and 4 cops all carrying guns, never found the guys, and not one cop ever asked me to put my guns away. They did comment how purdy they were tho,lol.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom