Take off your hat in Regions Bank.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I went to Regions bank today to order some checks. The first part of the conversation consisted of the teller saying that she would have to ask me to remove my hat. I said "Excuse me, what did you just say?" She repeated that she would have to ask me to remove my hat. I said I will have to refuse. She said that she would have to ask me to leave the bank. I said "I'm leaving and my accounts, my money and everything else will be following me shortly." She apologized. I told her there was no need to apologize as it wasn't her fault but I would not be doing business there anymore.
    I know, no threat to them but a whole load of satisfaction for me.

I don't think this encounter was rude at all. If I don't like a policy at a bank or store I take my business someplace else. I don't even own a hat so I can't say if I was a hat guy that I would make a big deal outta taking it off or not.
    The wife and I closed 4 accounts at chase over a BS $2.00 fee that we were never told about and I don't feel I was rude to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I don't see how this made it 5 pages already. Bank has a policy designed generate better images of criminals(not just bank robbers), OP doesn't want to go along with that policy so he takes his business elsewhere. The bank isn't part of a conspiracy and he didn't punch the teller in the face, so what is the big deal?

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WOW!
    4 pages on my personal decision ranging from internet insults to persons attempting to impose their personal hat policy upon me. I usually don't take the time to explain misunderstood internet posts but I will make an exception in this case.
    1. I was not rude to the teller. I smiled and politely asked questions and made statements. She was very nice and that is why I told her it was not her fault to make sure she understood that she was not the reason I was not going to comply.
    2. I asked the teller for a repeat of her first statement because I was concentrating on my business and honestly did not hear her the first time. It was only after the fact that I now know what she said the first time. I politely said "excuse me" for making her repeat it as I always do. I know it is hard to imagine the tone of a conversation from just the written word if no superlative adjectives and adverbs are used to set the tone of the written word so I forgive the person who called me a douche because he imagined in his mind that I was being rude to the teller.
    3. If I don't inform the person with whom I make contact with my intentions, the bank will never know that their policy is affecting my desire to continue to do business with their bank. I said it in a nice way and smiled the entire time.
    4. If I have made the decision to never remove my hat unless I want to, that is my business.
    5. I am not in the Marines anymore. I haven't been in the Marines for over 30 years. I don't have to follow Marine policy anymore either.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone that works at a bank have a answer on this?

The headdress that they wear typically yields to a clear shot of their face. Never had a problem with this. Also, a lot of times i just ask people to turn their hats backwards for a bit if they seem upset having to take it off. No one wants to be a jerk on the bank side. The rule isn't there to make people mad. It's there to cut down on crime....and it works.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The headdress that they wear typically yields to a clear shot of their face. Never had a problem with this. Also, a lot of times i just ask people to turn their hats backwards for a bit if they seem upset having to take it off. No one wants to be a jerk on the bank side. The rule isn't there to make people mad. It's there to cut down on crime....and it works.

Most of the time it covers the head and around the face about the same as a hoodie. But I don't think any bank around would tell them to take it off but my hoodie well ya know lol.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Most of the time it covers the head and around the face about the same as a hoodie. But I don't think any bank around would tell them to take it off but my hoodie well ya know lol.

I guess it just depends. We have never had a problem with it. The main issue people gripe about, surprisingly, is showing their ID. Also, non-customers sometimes throw a hissy fit about supplying a thumbprint. That falls on deaf ears though as it is not debatable.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I don't see how this made it 5 pages already. Bank has a policy designed generate better images of criminals(not just bank robbers), OP doesn't want to go along with that policy so he takes his business elsewhere. The bank isn't part of a conspiracy and he didn't punch the teller in the face, so what is the big deal?

Bayoushooters are very serious about their hat rules, man. You knew that already.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I guess it just depends. We have never had a problem with it. The main issue people gripe about, surprisingly, is showing their ID. Also, non-customers sometimes throw a hissy fit about supplying a thumbprint. That falls on deaf ears though as it is not debatable.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

All the rules about the hats and showing ID doesn't bother me much I worry more about fees and stuff that directly effects my money.

Only 2 banks ever asked me for a thumb print is Chase and Capital One and I no longer deal with them because they aren't very good banks to start with IMO.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    All the rules about the hats and showing ID doesn't bother me much I worry more about fees and stuff that directly effects my money.

Only 2 banks ever asked me for a thumb print is Chase and Capital One and I no longer deal with them because they aren't very good banks to start with IMO.

Chase isn't too bad. I don't like capital one. They are a pita to deal with.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    wow. i've been in my local branch 100x with my helmet on, visor up. I also know them all on a first name basis and I'm rather easily identifiable anyway I suppose. never heard of this before, but it makes total sense.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Makes sense but who knows.

I've gone into the two banks I affiliate with before with both a hoodie on and a hat. Maybe they don't care because I usually say hi to the LEO sitting in the corner or the fact that I know half the tellers.

I'm not against this policy though. The bank affiliated with my boss' office has to buzz me in every time I have to go over there. The first few months I worked there they called him to make sure it was ok to give me money because they didn't know me yet.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Finally read through most of this thread. Sounds like there's an awful lot of bayoushooters who are really sensitive about their bald spot showing.

By all means if it makes you happier to go through all the hassle of switching banks than it does to show your shiny head / bad hair day then take your business elsewhere.

One of my friends is the president of a local credit union and they require no hat/sunglasses, and they make changes to stay current and offer us the best protection (and thus the best rates etc). Bank robbers will wear masks but the little **** who tries to cash one of your forged/stolen checks will not. These places deal with bricks of currency. If you don't want them to see your face, bank online.

All of that said I once spent half an hour with a regions branch manager opening an account so that I wouldn't have to pay the $6.00 check cashing fee. Regions sucks.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I would imagine such policies have some exceptions, or aren't always enforced with an iron fist. Like perhaps in the case of a medical patient. Who'd need or want the potential negative publicity?

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Since businesses can refuse entry and/or service to anyone at anytime, you are essentially a guest on THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY.
    I totally agree. I used to run a business. And it never ceased to amaze me.....on a few occasions, I decided that I did not want to repair a certain persons car. My gut feeling was telling me that the person was trouble.

Well...every so seldom, the rejected customer would argue with me and demand that I fix their car. Fricking Lunatics. I'm sure they felt I was a racist, which I was not. But they would argue with me and refuse to leave....Telling me I HAD to serve them.

On another occasion...some jackass got mad at me because I told him I could not help him ON THE PHONE. He went round and round...And I finally got fed up and hung up on him.

He was in my face in less than 5 minutes cursing me out for hanging up on him. Said I had no right to hang up on him.
    Bottom line is this.
    IMO...the world is full of assholes. When one has a business which deals with the public...then they are going to deal with an ******* from time to time. When dealing with the public...One must have an attitude and let things go...Like water on a Duck's back.
    =====

Water Off a Duck’s Back http://lifesgoldenrule.com/2009/09/16/water-off-a-duck’s-back/

Posted on September 16, 2009

Have you ever seen a wet feather?

If you have, chances are you have wondered how a duck could possibly float on the water.

The simple answer is because the duck does not let the water get inside.

That is where the saying *like water off a duck’s back* comes from. The water just rolls off.

There are many things that we should treat like water on a duck’s back, or in other words, that we should not let inside of us.

Here is the wonderful thing about this precept: we have the gift to choose what to let inside and what will just roll off.

When living The Golden Rule, it is important to not let others’ negative actions affect how we are going to act. Only let the good stuff inside, and the rest. . . . well, just let it roll off like *water off a duck’s back.*

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

As was stated. MINIMUM it covers MORE than a hoodie.
    And often (sorry) it covers as much as a mask....
    FAR more than ANY hat!

So I take it your bank makes an exception for Islam....

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Since businesses can refuse entry and/or service to anyone at anytime, you are essentially a guest on THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY.

If they are licensed to serve the public, they can't very well keep the public out.

They tried that to maintain segregation. Didn't fly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom