Talk about a shock!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HyperLoose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Houma, LA.
    I wouldn't say that. All the names in my earlier post are teachers who quit or got fired because they started an onlyfans account.
    I thought you were going to say all the teachers quit or got fired because they were having affairs with their students. Not like it doesn't happen! Just think back and google "teachers having sex with students. One thing they all have in common is they are young fine & pretty women, usually married but are d&*K junkies and their partners do know about their addiction until they get busted being gang banged by the high school basketball team or the Glee club with her #1 student mate guiding & introducing her at her directives. ....not the football team, the basketball team! To be young dumb & full of *** without responsibility! Now we know, lol after the fact.....Oh well to each his own

HyperLoose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Houma, LA.
    So my newer neighbor (prob age 25) drives a nice black SUV, an Audi. Prob a 65 or 75K $ vehicle new. Sweet sounding V-6 when she drives away. She is a school teacher in Hammond. She is cleaning out her vehicle just now BC the guys are coming to detail it for her. I saw and noted this last time they came, I observed their operation for a while out of my garage. Two guys working out of a van, they wash, dry, detail spray the outside, and do the same to the interior. Done and gone in about 40 minutes. I asker her how much? $250! She stated she was well pleased. I still hand wash my vehicle and wax it every 12 or 18 months. Guess I'll continue to hand wash and detail my own vehicle going forward. When I was talking to her I guessed $50 or 100, boy was I wrong!

I bet a few guys here pay to have their vehicles detailed at their home or office. Similar price?
    I'm wondering did one of the guys or both disappear for a short time during the cleaning event? $250 is a lot of cash for just cleaning & sucking up trash. I think she paid for cleaning their pipes for $100 each and gave them the extra $50 for the car job. Now mathematically, doesn't the arrangement above look more viable and thus, believable? I can't believe she told you she gave them $250...Just for shakes & grins is she blonde? You said she was a school teacher so that in itself puts her in the ding-dong, purple hair, woke, brain-ill shemale crew. At least it was last year when I went for Grandparents Day. They certainly don't cull them by their looks or smarts. It looks more to me like to be a public school teacher you have to be in one of those special groups, you know that LGBTXRO clan mentally ill, wtf it is, or not white and straight. All others apply within and start your new career in July preparing for class in August. Yes, we are gender-neutral and observe pronouns......WTF! Yep, there you go...That's the crap teaching our kids these days and don't think the sexually deviant ill aren't teaching our kids about sex, only thing though, it's sick gay butt-plugging sex.....How the hell did I get off in this subject? Maybe someone needs to read it or NOT......

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    European cars are like high maintenance women, if you don't treat them exceptionally well they will break down on you. And even if you do treat them exceptionally well they will break down on you. I mean, someone sold her on a fancy Volkswagen, just like Hitler sold the decent Germans on the regular Volkswagen. So she is likely not all that savvy about cars, thus she paid some dudes 250 bucks for less than an hour of work.

But let's think of those dudes, I generally feel like you pay about 100 bucks for a pro whatever guy to show up at your house, then you pay the next hundred, minimum, for whatever said pro guy has to fix or do. So she got 2 guys at the house and got a clean car for 250. She still owns an audi, so she will suffer, but I don't think she overpaid much for the detail.
    I owned a German-state-of the-art-engineering-masterpiece-AUDI. Most unreliable-piece of-crap I ever owned - about 2 months after warranty expired! Repair parts unbelievably expensive. Ate window motors like cotton candy in the rain. Try $275.00 for a power steering HOSE! On & on...

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I owned a German-state-of the-art-engineering-masterpiece-AUDI. Most unreliable-piece of-crap I ever owned - about 2 months after warranty expired! Repair parts unbelievably expensive. Ate window motors like cotton candy in the rain. Try $275.00 for a power steering HOSE! On & on...

I have worked on cars since 92, so going on 32 years. Mostly auto body, but I always ended up doing mechanical and electrical work, when I was not painting. Done alot of teardown and reassembly and suspension. So I get to see how these cars are built, and get a feel for the various companies design language so to speak.

European cars are just not built to last. Excessive complexity in some areas and design skimping in others. Quality control is poor, materials are questionable and the absurd cost of parts are just laughable.

I did brakes on an newer audi recently. Had to buy a 7 spline socket, it was 35 bucks. Brake pads were 2 or 300 a set front or rear for aftermarket parts store pads. It was a simple job, maybe 1 hour total to swap all 4 pairs of pads. God knows what the dealer would have charged. I think it was quoted at 2500 for the job including parts. Wtf, 2500 for brake pads. But from what I have heard, that is par for the course with a euro ride.

These euro cars are not better, but the buyers have attached some sort of halo product status to them. And yes, the electrical parts are junk, wiring is junk, engines leak oil, suspension bushings fall out, the list goes on. If you want a luxury car, buy a lexus. I am no Toyota fan either, but at least they are not junk.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I always thought as a kid how great the German cars, tanks & planes were. Then I heard how awful the Tiger Tanks actually were. And the Shermans weren’t that bad.
    I worked for a German that loved his 70s Mercedes sedan but his secretary Hated the ride over the RR tracks. “My Maverick rides Better.”

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I always thought (and read) the German higher end cars were pretty solid, like BMW or MB. Never owned any, I did test drive a new red BMW M3 around 1993 or 94, and it was pretty bad azz. I had the salesman in the passenger seat squirming and pretty nervous on I-10 Vets Hwy off ramp @ about 80 mph. Sort of a four wheel drift across a couple lanes. I purchased a new Mazda RX-7 instead. Red. Now that was a firecracker too!

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I have worked on cars since 92, so going on 32 years. Mostly auto body, but I always ended up doing mechanical and electrical work, when I was not painting. Done alot of teardown and reassembly and suspension. So I get to see how these cars are built, and get a feel for the various companies design language so to speak.

European cars are just not built to last. Excessive complexity in some areas and design skimping in others. Quality control is poor, materials are questionable and the absurd cost of parts are just laughable.

I did brakes on an newer audi recently. Had to buy a 7 spline socket, it was 35 bucks. Brake pads were 2 or 300 a set front or rear for aftermarket parts store pads. It was a simple job, maybe 1 hour total to swap all 4 pairs of pads. God knows what the dealer would have charged. I think it was quoted at 2500 for the job including parts. Wtf, 2500 for brake pads. But from what I have heard, that is par for the course with a euro ride.

These euro cars are not better, but the buyers have attached some sort of halo product status to them. And yes, the electrical parts are junk, wiring is junk, engines leak oil, suspension bushings fall out, the list goes on. If you want a luxury car, buy a lexus. I am no Toyota fan either, but at least they are not junk.
    I totally agree with everything you say. I've worked on cars for 4 decades. Started with my shop but now just do some extended warranty inspection.
    I am blown away with the costs of these parts now. European vehicles biggest problem is that they aren't producing 300 or 400 thousand vehicles a year, so there isn't an availability of aftermarket parts. You are locked into going to a dealer or a junk yard when you need a replacement part.
    An example of an Audi part. I forget the exact model, but the dash board warning said that the left front headlamp was bad on a 2 year-old , high end Audi SUV. This model had those headlamps that had servo motors which turn the lamp on turns. The headlamp would turn with the vehicle to illuminate the road to your right or left.

On that vehicle, the left headlamp parts and labor were over 4500.00 . Between the labor to relearn all of the front cameras and the replacement headlamp, the repair costs just go through the roof. And from what the claims adjuster on the phone told me, it's not a unique failure on Audi's .
    4500.00 because the dash say that the LED headlamp has a failure. That is insanity in my opinion.
    Give me a domestic vehicle or an import where the production numbers are high. That way there will be aftermarket parts available on Ebay or Amazon. I'll never own another European vehicle.

FWIW, all of the newer vehicles with cameras all over to allow auto steering have very high repair cost. I'm sure jdindadell probably knows more about this than I do.
    On a side note. Those older MB's were solid cars. They would produce the same model for over a decade. Parts stayed the same and were available. I loved the old MB diesel engine. It was built like a tank. Wasn't fast, but the car ran forever. But they just aren't like that anymore. In fact, they are all disposable. Now, they just want and design their vehicles to last through the warrantee. All they care about i the original buyer.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I saw that, costs the owner $5600 to replace both taillights on his 2016 Ford PU. Bad design by Ford allowed water in them over time and caused serious issues. Ford prob does it on purpose, to collect a $5000 repair down the line. Ford screwed me back in 1988 or 89. I'll never own a Ford again, have not since 1992. Ford also lied about the max mileage of their new $80k Lightning EV PU. Owners can't even get 260 miles on a full charge. Tow a boat or trailer with it and you are SOL even more.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Y'all should checkout this channel on YT:

He hardcore details vehicles and it makes for good background noise while working.

I actually have a guy come out to mobile detail our vehicles a few times a year. He charges ~$200 to wash/wax/detail my SUV and I think like $150 to do my wife's sedan.

You pay a small premium for the convenience factor to have someone show up to your house and do all of the work. The guy who has been doing our cars for two years is in college and I have routinely told him he could charge $100+ extra and folks around here would still pay it.

The last time he did my car, he spent nearly 3 hours on it and charged me $195. He was working the entire time and did an exceptional job. I'm not willing to spend three full hours cleaning my SUV and I also don't want to buy a steamer, carpet extractor, or pressure washer.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I traded paint with a bimbo young lady who couldn't keep it in her lane. The body shop guy said I was lucky she didn't get into the grill as the headlight assemblies were $4000 each. GM truck made in Arlington TX.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    My Brother-in-law hit mirrors on his New gmc dully with a Ford dully. His mirror with the gilded bells & whistles cost him $1200! Sorry I’ll keep my Old truck & its $35 after market mirrors.

Top Bottom