The ATF is at it again!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    last two cases of 855 I bought was because it was the cheaper. under $.37 ( a bit less, $700 for both) a round which was fairly recent mind you.

There's a guy on here already selling it for $600 per 900 rounds. I will add I have no attachment to mine, when it hits a scare price of $1ea, I will sell.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I will add I have no attachment to mine, when it hits a scare price of $1ea, I will sell.

+1 ain't no shame in my game. I've always bought M855 because it was cheap and some of my 1:7 rifles prefer it, but I'll gladly sell the couple cases I have for $1/ea or trade 3:1 for any other brass 5.56 or 9mm ammo. Hell I'll even throw in a PMag. :D

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    the armor leo's wear is lightweight and can be penitrated by 55 grn. FMJ So i'll call bull **** ...I think we should ban the ATF...(WOLVERINES!)

Just reveals their motives IMO. The liberals and general public don't realize these sort of facts, so the ATF does this under the guise of protecting LEO.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think you missed all the new threads that discuss it no longer being banned. As of today ATF has pulled proposal for further review so prices on 855 should be falling much lower than $.55 per round. Hope you didn't buy too much.
    Lol, I bought a fecal ton! But before the scare. Just trying to do my part

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I think you missed all the new threads that discuss it no longer being banned. As of today ATF has pulled proposal for further review so prices on 855 should be falling much lower than $.55 per round. Hope you didn't buy too much.

AFT simply put it on hold "at this time". They will attempt to follow through with this when they feel the timing is right again.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    AFT simply put it on hold "at this time". They will attempt to follow through with this when they feel the timing is right again.
    +1

Current events... I try not to read into them too much. I've considered that all this back and forth is just rhetoric to throw the public off for a minute. Maybe the buying will slow and all the current stock won't wind up "on the street" before they up and decide that it is forever banned. Whatever the case, 855 is almost exclusively what I've bought for my ARs over the past 20+ years because I do find it to be more accurate in my ARs which are all barreled with 1:7 or 1:8 twist rates. But the bulk of what I currently shoot cost me 16 cents per round years ago, when it was actually cheaper than 193.
    It's a personal choice I guess. I have done my best to fight for the right to continue to buy and own it, as I will do with every liberty we have left.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Got this in my email a few minutes ago. I know it's just a form letter, but it's nice to know Steve was thinking about me. :dogkeke:

pr46r0ubz85odj4hyia7.png

Top Bottom