The ATF is at it again!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Would one of you rifle gurus tell me why I should buy this? Serious question!

If there is a good reason, I might.

For me it has nothing to do with being "armor piercing". Most ARs are 1:7 twist, and 62gr M855 is the cheapest quality ammo that generally works well in those barrels.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I felt like I was reading a Nigerian spammers email when I read the description.

Lol, yeah! You'd think PSA would rewrite that one. But at 34cents per round to my door....I'll let it slide

Ida gone with wideners but with shipping I was looking at nearly 40cents per round

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Why are they expounding on it as a desired hunting bullet? Is that just cover?

I don't think "sporting use" necessarily means hunting, and I don't think the whole section on lead ammo affecting some ugly bird had to do with M855 specifically.

I do know guys have hunted deer with it though, and it works just fine on hogs.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't think "sporting use" necessarily means hunting, and I don't think the whole section on lead ammo affecting some ugly bird had to do with M855 specifically.

I do know guys have hunted deer with it though, and it works just fine on hogs.

Rifle ammunition made by factory Prvi Partizan, desire of many hunters, is a real diamond in the rifle of every passionate hunter. Designed according to market demands, improved by the precious suggestions of hunters, Prvi Partizan ammunition is the result of up-to-date technical and technological solutions, long-term special research work of ballistics and hunting experts. It is made of high quality raw materials and components carefully chosen according to its application.

We also considered, to perfection severe demands of numerous passionate shooters, raving for competition sand winnings. For their eye and good rifle they have at their disposal Prvi Partizan ammunition, which is extremely accurate and convenient for soft shooting. Each caliber is produced with many bullet types, different weights and very close tolerances, providing uniform quality of the ammunition. Besides standard expanding bullet types, we also offer a new type called Grom (Thunder). These are bullets of our own design, with very high performances on the target

This was what I saw in the palmetto link.

Very few hunters are more passionate than I! :p

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I don't own an ar and I don't want to read up on all this, so someone give me the jest of it. I'm guessing the ATF thinks criminals may start running around with AR pistols that could pierce body armor so the want to ban .556 ammunition?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't own an ar and I don't want to read up on all this, so someone give me the jest of it. I'm guessing the ATF thinks criminals may start running around with AR pistols that could pierce body armor so the want to ban .556 ammunition?

Armor piercing ammo that is capable of being fired from a "non-sporting" firearm (mostly handguns) has been banned from civilian use for a long time. M855 is granted a specific exemption. Due to the recent proliferation of AR pistols the ATF is looking to remove that exemption and ban any further manufacturing or import of M855 62Gr ammo for civilian sales since it can now be considered an armor piercing handgun round.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Armor piercing ammo that is capable of being fired from a "non-sporting" firearm (mostly handguns) has been banned from civilian use for a long time. M855 is granted a specific exemption. Due to the recent proliferation of AR pistols the ATF is looking to remove that exemption and ban any further manufacturing or import of M855 62Gr ammo for civilian sales since it can now be considered an armor piercing handgun round.

Thanks!:) Now I know what to write about.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La

Why cant everyone just fill out a form 1. It's not that hard to do.

quoted for proliferation of ar pistols.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom