The General Lee vs. The Bandit Trans Am....... Which is better?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which is better?

• The General Lee

Votes: 44 62.9%
    • The Bandit Trans Am

Votes: 26 37.1%

• Total voters

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I like em both...
    Butt the bandit didn't have this:
    daisy-duke-in-gingham-top.jpg

or this:
    12559__dukes_l.jpg

The Bandit did have this:
    sally+1

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    440 CI kinda like the 10mm of engines!

You've obviously never ridden in a Big Block Camera or Chevelle then, The torque monster breath fire and belch horsepower I tell ya!

The Bandit drifted on the streets while the General was drifting on dirt, no contest the Bandit riules in my book but then I'm no Mopar fan either! BTW whats "Jersey Shore"? ;)

Bam Bam

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I like those TAs and despise Jersey Shore. I would pick the General Lee in this case though.

Actually i learned to drive in a 77 TA very similar to the 78 Bandit TA. The car was the "Pride and Joy" of my yankee cousin in Virginia.
    I must admit that the car was loud, fast and fun to drive and sure made a 14 year old feel really cool. That being said, south of that Mason Dixon line i still gotta go with the General.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You've obviously never ridden in a Big Block Camera or Chevelle then, The torque monster breath fire and belch horsepower I tell ya!

The Bandit drifted on the streets while the General was drifting on dirt, no contest the Bandit riules in my book but then I'm no Mopar fan either! BTW whats "Jersey Shore"? ;)

Bam Bam

But the Pontiac was Poncho powered.... If the 440 is the 10mm, the BBC is the 454 Casull!

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Even better than that is the Firebird driven by John Wayne in McQ.
    i001097.jpg

I didn't know John Wayne made movies that had cars in them. I thought they were all westerns with horses except the Green Beret one. Yes I have not watched a complete John Wayne movie ever. On a separate John Wayne note, when I was out in California the cemetery where we were making arrangements for my M-I-L is the same cemetery were The Duke is buried. They won't tell people were exactly his grave is but they will tell you the general area.

Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula

Bam Bam

You've obviously never ridden in a 426 Hemi powered Mopar or a 455 HO powered Pontiac. The 440 was badass, but the hemi ruled, and still does! But I'm also partial to both Pontiac and Mopars (older ones). No comparison to a shevie or furd.

And the comparison is not really fair, since the Charger was before all the smog regulations and the Trans-Am was a smog motor. Both were great cars and always will be. Btw the Charger in the series all had 383's.

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    Hard to say, but I went with General Lee. The wife and I went to Gatlinburg, TN on our honey moon. We stopped in at the Star's Cars Museum. Heres some pics.
    General Lee

Bandit's Ride

and again

Camaro from charlie's angels I believe

Shelby GT from Gone in Sixty Seconds

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom