The Shooters Club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    No one has any place to complain about "thugs" in there. S.C. has no control of who can come in the store. If they look like "thugs", but are clean, they have as much right to purchase as I do. Ever heard that appearances can be deceiving? (It works both ways.)

I agree. I mean, I look like straight white trash sometime even though I wear a suit to work. It's just part of life having to deal with ass clowns. I don't let it get to me. I just look for good service and prices.

Also, the shooting lanes serve their purpose. What more do you want for shooting lanes, travertine floors? For the space that is available in the S.C., I don't see how anyone can complain

The key part is "for the space that is available..." Everyone has a right to complain, that's why I do. My complaint about the lanes is that they are only 15 yards. I'd like to shoot longer yards with my guns than just that. Also, the room is VERY small. If you have more than just the shooters in there, it is too croweded and is uncomfortable to me. A bike serves the purpose of getting from A to B, but isn't the trip alot more comfortable in a Jag? (not saying that SC is a "bike" in the sense of a business, but you get the point). I personally like FITS and Precision lanes due to the size and function of the lanes.

It seems to me that anyone that complains here is just trying to satisfy a personal grudge.

It seems as though you like pulling facts out of your ass, too. What 'personal grudge' do I have then?

Like Kevin said, some salt might do some good. Complaints should be made face to face. Doing it here is chicken ****.

Wow, it appears that any one makes a complaint is a "chicken ****" if they do it on the web? Ok, I'm not a chicken ****. My name is Placito Miceli and I work in the CBD and I'd say the same thing to the face of anyone. It appears you are taking this a little too personal. Welcome to the real world where not everyone agrees with what you think and they can complain. This is a good new site that doesn't need drama. If you think that complaints = false facts, don't visit here. The whole purpose of this thread was for people to give their opinions of SC. Now that we do, people complain about those opinions. Quoting you (about your complaint of the opinions):

It seems to me that anyone that complains here is just trying to satisfy a personal grudge. [and] Doing it here is chicken ****.

cdodgela

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Harahan, La
    I will modify what I said; If you have a complaint and don't make it known to who it is directed to, and only state it here so they find out about it second hand, THEN you are chicken ****. What more can SC do than open up another range? If you had known this, would you have still complained? (probably) Maybe you don't have a personal grudge as you say. Have you told SC what you don't like about their establishment?
    It is true that the purpose of this thread is for the opinions of individuals but you should know the facts and details before complaining. It seems that you don't get by SC very often because you don't even know how many lanes they have.
    I agree it is crowded (they must be doing something right). I agree that it would be nice if they had more, longer lanes (they are opening up another range close by). I disagree that they are not very helpful. (I believe they are doing the best they can).
    Yes, it would be nice for SC to be able to wait on every customer hand and foot and take as much time as every customer wanted from them. Practical to do, this is not.
    I am just defending (giving my opinion of) a business in which I believe has been unduly criticized.

Have a nice day.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I will modify what I said; If you have a complaint and don't make it known to who it is directed to, and only state it here so they find out about it second hand, THEN you are chicken ****.

What onus is there upon a person to ONLY complain to the establishment? None. I can complain about anything I want to anyone I want. If I don't want to complain to SC, then no big deal. If I want to complain about them on here only, then who cares? Opinions aren't to be regulated. I'm sure you only make a complaint to the specific person or establishment you have a problem with and have never ever done otherwise....

What more can SC do than open up another range? If you had known this, would you have still complained? (probably)

Yes, I would have still complained about the current range. A range in the works doesn't solve the problem. I may have prefaced what I said with "well, they are building a new one, but..." If you had a Ford F-150 and it ran like crap but Ford said they were redisigning it for the future model, would you stop complaining about the Ford you are driving? Of course not.

Maybe you don't have a personal grudge as you say. Have you told SC what you don't like about their establishment?

Maybe? What 'personal' grudge would I even remotely have against them? It's not like SC came to my house and pissed on my lawnmower or anything. It's not even a 'grudge'. It's called a complaint. Man, you're worse than a woman trying to read into things. You know, McDonald's has ****** up plenty of hamburgers that I've bought from them, but I really don't think it was a personal thing. So when they **** up in the future, my complaint won't be of a personal nature.

No, I didn't tell SC. Why would I? I went in there a few times, didn't like the lanes so I decided that I would stay going to FITS. I have no duty nor obligation to tell them 'Hey, I don't like your lanes.' No one does.

It is true that the purpose of this thread is for the opinions of individuals but you should know the facts and details before complaining.

The FACTS and DETAILS are that I don't like the lanes. There is no other fact in MY or ANYONE elses opinions. I don't have to know anything else other than that. So, for me or anyone else to ever complain about anything we must first go to SC and then get their statement? That doesn't even make sense.

It seems that you don't get by SC very often because you don't even know how many lanes they have.

You're right, I don't go there often. The last time I went there was before Christmas. Like I said in the VERY FIRST POST I MADE - is this the one by First City Court in Metairie (David/Power drive). If so, I only remember 4 lanes (give or take 1). It doesn't matter HOW many times I went there, MY opinion IS that I don't like the lanes.

I agree it is crowded (they must be doing something right).

And that is your opinion. But wait, I don't think the lanes are good and you didn't contact me for my facts and details...

I am just defending (giving my opinion of) a business in which I believe has been unduly criticized.

Again, that's YOUR opinion.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Also, I want to make it clear that my ONLY complaint was about the lanes. I don't know anyone there and I haven't really dealt with the salemen too much. As a matter of fact, when I did I got some sage advice prior to buying my Steyr. We should all realize that they are a professional business and a good one at that. There might be complaints about one thing or another, but you're going to find that about ANY business.

Keving138

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    NOLA
    It's not like SC came to my house and pissed on my lawnmower or anything.

Where do you live and what kind of lawnmower is it. Let us know and maybe we can rectify this.:rofl:

HAHA just kidding. Felt like we needed to lighten the mood a little.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Just wondering. . . how does one "tell SC" about his problems with them if there isn't enough staff to take his complaints? ;) Is he supposed to be a big dick and just jump in front of someone to say "y'all need to help me out" or "I just want to complain?" I have a feeling that won't be met with "oh, okay dude thanks for letting us know." :rolleyes:

And what's the problem about saying to someone else "yeah man that place is too packed" or "they're too busy to give you attention" etc? That is something that can be a problem with a place, and reason enough to choose another. :dunno:

Chris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    How much customer assistance do you need? If you are there to shoot, all you have to say is "I need a lane, my name is _________". or I want to buy "insert name of gun here". If you have to shoot the **** do it w/ the other customers if it's so packed. Do your research and know exactly what you want to purchase and don't look for the staff to hold your hand through the selection / buying process. I like it there and there are many other gun shops available. Yet, here we are, still b*tching about it on the internet. God Bless America.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    this thread makes me:

1. glad that i shoot at a private range
    2. have a store up here that i enjoy shopping at because i can shoot the **** w/ a couple of the sales people for an hour, if i so please, because there are plenty of other associates that can help other people do the same.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    I don't think anyone that works there has a problem with people saying it's too crowded. It's the problem when you say we're a bad gun store because of what looks to be crap that we have nothing to do with, i.e. Morey not working here any longer. Hey **** happens and things change. Get the hell over it, the only reason you're pissed he doesn't work there is because you want someone to give you a big ass discount on what you buy, which we aren't going to stick our necks out there to give since being at the bottom rung means you can be easily replaced if need be. How about I go to where you work and ask you for a discount cause i know someone who stopped working there 6 months ago, and see what you think about it? One thing you should know is that asking for a large discount or saying one that I risk being fired over to give to you is not enough is a sure fire way to make sure you never get another one, out of me at least.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Do your research and know exactly what you want to purchase and don't look for the staff to hold your hand through the selection / buying process.

That is the most idiotic statement in the world. Some people go to a gun store FOR their research. I'm glad you don't run a shop because your CS skills suck.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    this thread makes me:

1. glad that i shoot at a private range
    2. have a store up here that i enjoy shopping at because i can shoot the **** w/ a couple of the sales people for an hour, if i so please, because there are plenty of other associates that can help other people do the same.

And that's why I go to FITS in Slidell.

Chris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    That is the most idiotic statement in the world. Some people go to a gun store FOR their research. I'm glad you don't run a shop because your CS skills suck.

Do your research = Internet, Manufacturer's brochures, Gun rentals, Gun Rags..I mean "magazines" word of mouth, etc.
    I haven't read any complaints about returning merchandise or defective products.
    Back to my 1st post, "Does anyone Shoot there?"

Last edited:

Flipn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    Do your research = Internet, Manufacturer's brochures, Gun rentals, Gun Rags..I mean "magazines" word of mouth, etc.
    I haven't read any complaints about returning merchandise or defective products.
    Back to my 1st post, "Does anyone Shoot there?"

I shoot there all the time..

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA

So are you saying that people should NEVER bother the salesmen with questions? I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone in a service position that would say the research can only be conducted via the medium you state. If someone wants a home defense gun and they want to rely on a trained salesperson from SC (which they do sound very well trained) why could they not then ask the salesman for assistance in purchasing something to fit their needs? Back to the first statement; I shot there but didn't like the ranges. Now that I hear they are expanding I'll check it out when they are done and again give my opinion (as that is what they threads are for).

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    never trust gun magazines...several have praised hi-point handguns as being great investments for self defense purposes. That right there should tell you somethings up.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    I'm not trying to run customers off, i'm just fed up with people not appreciating what we do for them ,then saying we don't try to help anyone. I've learned one thing, being nice to customers generally gets you crapped on. The man who never answered phones and threw people out at gunpoint has people on here kissing his ass about how great the store was when he worked there. Everyone that works there now would literally do whatever we can to help customers out and people bitch that we suck at what we do, which tells me people don't know **** about anything. Life's too short to hold anything back, and i won't hold back as long as no one that i work with is taking offense to it. I just don't like when people expect something because they know someone or are a certain position. i get so many rent a cops asking me for a police discount its not funny. I get cops who tell me the little bit i can discount them without getting fired isn't good enough for them, and that's wrong. Sure i appreciate you for being a cop, etc etc but don't throw **** in my face because im not going to turn away and pretend to not see a 27 dollar box of ammunition you want, and instead give you a few dollars off as a nice gesture because thats all i can really get away with. I don't dislike our customers at all, we have some really awesome people that come into that store. I just take it personally when I stick my neck out to be what I think is pretty damn nice and someone shits on me because they expect me to them a discount that lets them skip out of half their tab. That's not how a business works. Maybe if we were a charity things would be different. But that's just me.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    I must say our new range is awesome. It's all shiny and pretty and new. I love it. Everyone should go shoot there when it opens, so much more space. I hate being cramped up, it makes me claustrophobic.

Top Bottom