The Shooters Club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Oh wow. I can't believe all the crap I read in this thread. I used to have extensive dealings with Shooters Club. I bought my Kel-Tec P3-AT from them for about $230 back in 2006, and though I had to wait forever to get someone to help me I was pleased with the pistol.

Overall experience: The David Drive location is the worst gun dealer experience I have EVER had including Eliotts. They were beyond horrible. I went there to shoot a couple times each month, and each time I went I got the feeling that if I looked at them funny they'd throw me out. The antagonism towards customers at that store cannot possibly be described. All they had going for them was the range. Without that I'd have never gone back after the first experience. The only three rays of hope I encountered there were the serene old guy who hung out there at the end of the counter, Maury, and one young guy who became the Harahan site worker for many months, until he told me he would be sent back to the David Dr. location. Crap! I won't be shooting at ANY Shooters' Club location for a long time.

The Harahan location was nice, but the young guy who worked there said he we reassigned back to Davaid Dr. Bad news fopr me.

Thats strange to me because I've had nothing but great experiences at both shooters and Jefferson gun. I just wait patiently cause those guys are very busy and overwhelmed at times. But always great service and informative guys.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    What about the knucklehead with the chip on his shoulder who calls everyone, "brother", and constantly picks arguments with customers which he then takes part in by making up all kinds of rubbish - like the time he told me AR's are just as inexpensive to build as AK's. Witness the fact that he could buy an AR receiver for $100. I just shook my head and walked away. He spun these yarns day in and day out to any uninformed customer he could.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    i don't think i've ever met him. I've only met Kevin and the other two young guys over at David dr. And over at shooters the older guys are very nice and informative too.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    10-8 Professional, Safe, Reasonable, Clean, no Gang-Bangers

I have been knowing Morey for many, many years, when he was at 3 previous other gun shops, at SC on D Dr. he would have to repeatedly run the gang bangers out of the door looking for AK crap while they still smelled like fresh Marijuana and sporting their newest bullet scars, seems like the trash from Elliots went straight to SC.

After he parted ways with SC, he opened 10-8 Tactical, this is a professional, law enforcement and sport shooters firearms store where one could eat off the ground, it is that clean. This is a professional stocked retail firearms store with a top-notch computer point of sale system, no handwritten or small credit card slip with no desc, as SC He stocks no AK guns, parts, ammo, thus no gang bangers are present. Police, fire, EMS and practical/tactical/hunting type shooters are in the store through out the day. A significant change from the eyesore of SC. I am not a partner, nor a paid advertiser, just a very satisfied longtime customer of Morey, followed him through 3 gunstores, now he has his own.:)

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    BTW, Morey was a big help to me. He is the guy who sold me my AR. He put up with me in his store for about 4 hours. I checked out nearly every AR he had to offer and asked him questions in between customers. I guess it didn't hurt that he was trying to sell an $800 gun, but I still give him 2 thumbs up!

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Maury's the real deal. He's a professional with vision to see where he wants to go, and he works towards it. He treats his customers with the respect they deserve, and I appreciate that. I understand why he doesn't sell AK gear at his place, but I do wish I could go there for my AK parts.

By the way, Garyville is about the same distance from Metairie where I live as Stennis and Honey Island are.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Maury's the real deal. He's a professional with vision to see where he wants to go, and he works towards it. He treats his customers with the respect they deserve, and I appreciate that. I understand why he doesn't sell AK gear at his place, but I do wish I could go there for my AK parts.

By the way, Garyville is about the same distance from Metairie where I live as Stennis and Honey Island are.

I have seen him search through wholesaler catalogs. Have you ever asked him before?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    No. I never did. I doubt he can beat the internet distributors prices. Since I hold a license I get pseudo-dealer prices on the stuff I buy. Maury really can't sell AK stuff, because he'd wind up getting the same crowd that he left Shooters' Club to avoid dealing with.

I'm going to add a comment about Shooters' Club and their Harahan location. The place is really nicely built. It's clean and spacious, and it has nice long lanes. I suspect they're 25 yards long. That's pretty good for handgun shooting. By the way my Ruger Mark II target pistol can easily make eight-inch groups at that range. That's the best thing I got out of the 2-year relationship with an ex-girlfriend. I loooooove that gun.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    No. I never did. I doubt he can beat the internet distributors prices. Since I hold a license I get pseudo-dealer prices on the stuff I buy. Maury really can't sell AK stuff, because he'd wind up getting the same crowd that he left Shooters' Club to avoid dealing with.

I'm going to add a comment about Shooters' Club and their Harahan location. The place is really nicely built. It's clean and spacious, and it has nice long lanes. I suspect they're 25 yards long. That's pretty good for handgun shooting. By the way my Ruger Mark II target pistol can easily make eight-inch groups at that range. That's the best thing I got out of the 2-year relationship with an ex-girlfriend. I loooooove that gun.

I know he won't carry them all the time. But I was saying as you need them he could probably order and keep it for you until you pick it up. How are ammo prices at the SC? I have never been there as I am a bit leary of going into that one on David Dr. Where is the one on Hickory? Is it towards the David Dr. side or the Wal-Mart side?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The one in Harahan is at the north end of Hickory or Dickory - the western one. The range is the very last building on the street, and it costs like $12 per hour to shoot. It is NOTHING like the one on David Dr.

Top Bottom