Time to give up Skoal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Now y'all got me thinking. I'm headed offshore tomorrow and I'm thinking I may go without any dip. Can't buy any out there.
    I'm addicted bad to the stuff too. Last night after getting laid the first thing I did after finishing was roll over and put a pinch in my mouth. Real attractive.

If that's what you do, WARN your friends. You'll need the support and you'll likely be a little edgy. Even if subconsciously so it's good to let folks know that way when they're just picking, and you get all pissed, someone can say, relax man, you just nickin' lol

This may seem a bit unorthodox, but the next time; instead of putting it in your mouth, jam a wad of it deep in your a$$hole. I guarantee when you start to feel how bad it burns there, you will start to consider what it's doing to the inside of your mouth. :D

jackiechanzp.jpg

WTF is wrong with your BRAIN!

You are King Random, and there is no competition. I simply NEVER know what you'll say next :mamoru:

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    This may seem a bit unorthodox, but the next time; instead of putting it in your mouth, jam a wad of it deep in your a$$hole. I guarantee when you start to feel how bad it burns there, you will start to consider what it's doing to the inside of your mouth. :D

:rofl:
    Man, i know it burns if it gets in your eye, but this is waaayyyy overboard!

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Dude, if you find any, please tell me. I've been trying to quit for months. 10 years in myself. I enjoy the hell out of it myself.

I did see something interesting that I've been meaning to try. There is some beef jerky that is cut like long cut. You could try slowly mixing that in instead of dip, and over the course of a few cans be dipping straight beef instead of skoal. It might work.

Dito

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Same theory but different poison. I quit smoking 4 months ago. I enjoyed smoking but was really affected by a commercial about a guy who couldn't even play with his kids without losing his breath. I looked at my 4yo and 1yo and decided to quit. I used Chantix and it really helped. I've tried to quit before but the first time I got stressed it was over. This time the urge lingered but didn't overwhelm. I have since quit taking Chantix and it was rough the first couple times I had "triggers" but I was able to get over them. I used to smoke a pack a day but now I take that $5 that I would have spent on smokes and put it in a jar. It is my "gun fund". Next month I will be getting a Kimber that I've been eyeballing. Not a bad present to myself for the first 6 months of quitting. Plus you can see that money build up in that jar real quick. It's amazing how much you **** away and not even realize it. Good luck to you!

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    After 30+ years of chewing/dipping, I quit cold turkey. It's been almost 3 years. I still miss it and want it, but my food taste better and no more hart burn or stomach problems.
    Just quit!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    One of my brothers and one of my cousins died with mouth cancer after several surgeries each due to use of tobacco products. Not a good way to go.
    Why does the US Government still pay farmers to raise crops that kill people?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    One of my brothers and one of my cousins died with mouth cancer after several surgeries each due to use of tobacco products. Not a good way to go.
    Why does the US Government still pay farmers to raise crops that kill people?
    Because the govt makes a killing off the taxes!

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I used a can of Copenhagen a day for the better part of 10 years. Tried quitting a few times and never really was committed to the idea. Finally decided it was time and picked a day to be the last one it was a date that was 3 moths away. I talked to my Dr. And got an RX for Wellbutrin took that for the time leading up,to,my quit date and a few months after I quit. My quit day cam I dumped a can down the toilet that morning and have never touched it again. That was almost 13 years ago.
    For a few years it was a battle every time I did certain things that were associated with my old dipping habits. I used gum and sunflower seeds to help and also made everyone aware I had quit, not quitting but that I had quit - there is a huge difference mentally. The first 72 hours were the worse as your body is detoxing the drug out of your system after that it's all a mental game no more physical addiction just the head game. If you really are ready you can do it, it's well worth it.

Good luck.

LawDawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Benton, LA
    I used a can of Copenhagen a day for the better part of 10 years. Tried quitting a few times and never really was committed to the idea. Finally decided it was time and picked a day to be the last one it was a date that was 3 moths away. I talked to my Dr. And got an RX for Wellbutrin took that for the time leading up,to,my quit date and a few months after I quit. My quit day cam I dumped a can down the toilet that morning and have never touched it again. That was almost 13 years ago.
    For a few years it was a battle every time I did certain things that were associated with my old dipping habits. I used gum and sunflower seeds to help and also made everyone aware I had quit, not quitting but that I had quit - there is a huge difference mentally. The first 72 hours were the worse as your body is detoxing the drug out of your system after that it's all a mental game no more physical addiction just the head game. If you really are ready you can do it, it's well worth it.

Good luck.

Same here. I've been dip free for seven weeks now and every day is a struggle. Meds and nicotine replacement is the best way according to MD's. that's what I'm doing and it works. It all a mind game now. I'm doing it for my 5yo daughter. Everybody has to find their own motivation and she's mine. Good luck!!!!

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Go Cold and Bold.... Been under smoke and smokeless. Quit 8+ and my withdrawals keep me from going thru that **** ever again. It will suck, but man up and 3 weeks in it will get tough (bad). Control yourself and 5 weeks out, you'll know you own yourself and your behavior has changed. Your life will change. Never tell yourself you are trying to quit. Make a man stand and say "I quit" None of this pansy **** "I'm quitting". Be done once and for all. You'd have the balls to shut down somebody that was screwing you over. You have the same stuff in you to say the same thing about nicotine screwing you over. Say "I don't dip" "I don't smoke" and make it a thing that is NEVER a part of you EVER again. You can do it. I did.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I just saw a TV commercial where a female tobacco user getting dressed had to put a device in her mouth, wear a wig, cover the hole in her throat to barely talk and wear a scarf to cover the hole in her throat.

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    when you quit skoal, try grizzly straight long cut. That's my choice.
    one question for the guys that have been dipping for years, when you first started was it ocassional then after a while did you dip more often?
    I ask because ive been dipping for about 3 years but i only dip when im driving or outside.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    one question for the guys that have been dipping for years, when you first started was it ocassional then after a while did you dip more often?
    I ask because ive been dipping for about 3 years but i only dip when im driving or outside.

I'm a social dipper now b/c I can. I CANNOT however be a social smoker and will NOT try to be. No WAY!

But once or twice a year on off-fishing or camping trips, I might get a can, but I never finish it. Just take a dip or two and that's it. Nothing to it.

Again though, there is NO WAY I could do this with smoking. I'm scared to even think about it that way. lol

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    to me is a social activity also, all my buddies do it and i figured what the hell ill try it. I mainly dip while fishing, hunting, drinking or while driving

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond

First I would say when you quit shoal just be done with it and quit.
    To the part about how often, for me it was like that Guns and Roses song Dr Feelgood, a little didnt do so the little got more and more.

Top Bottom