Time to give up Skoal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    What about the Snus? Anyone ever tried that. I've been using in the Hospital I work at. Don't think it causes damage like what I've seen here.

I started with my grandpa's Levi Garrett when I was 13. I would steal a chew from him and then jump on the tractor to cut hay. That eventually turned into bumming dip from my dad's employees then getting them to buy my own cans. I dipped up until I got my new job in 2011. A week in the job I was sitting at my desk and spit into a cup when my boss walked by. He cut that out quick! That day for lunch I walked to the store next door and bought one tin of each flavor of the Camels Snus. I would sit at my desk with 4 of those things stuffed in my lip! Eventually the walks outside to get a real dip tappered off and I switched to the Snus exclusively. Then it went from 4 pouches to 3, 2, and finally one pouch. I took a pinch of Grizzly from my brother a few months back sitting in the duck blind and nearly puked. It was like my first time all over again. Haven't had teh urge to try it since. Now I'm down to maybe 2 - 3 pouches of Snus a day. I'm partial to the Frost flavor.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    I (wonder) dont know if the snus is a 'healthy' replacement. But I know it has helped me on my flights to work. 10 hours on a airplane was rough without a dip. I've had this nasty habit for 39 years. Yep, I started at 7 yrs old, regular, steady dipping. My parents figured it was better than smoking, and hell we have family in the tobacco growing business. I did actually quit for 6 months once, used some type of nicotine lozenges to help. But the longing for the fix was still there, and alas i gave in. After reading these posts, I may speak to my doctor about this chantix, and try to give it up for good once and for all.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Reading all these stories are so familiar to me. I dipped for close to 20yrs. I used many different brands so I won't list them. When I was working in Afghanistan I was constantly having to give briefings and it would always interfere with me talking. I found myself putting a dip in then having to spit it out very shortly after putting it in to give the briefing. So I decided that I would just quit. I went cold turkey on Valentine's day 2012. I used a lot of hard candy when I could get it from the PX. I slowly stopped using the hard candy and was finally dip free. That lasted about a year then I got a job in the oilfield and during my training everyone was dipping in the classes and I couldn't stand it. It was killing me to not have a dip while smelling theirs. I literally felt like licking their spit cups and bottles to get a taste. So I started again!! The problem was, my was pregnant. She had to quit smoking obviously because of that and she did not want me dipping around her. So I had to quit yet again, right? WRONG!! I would sneak it when I was hunting, shooting or fishing but that was not enough. So I still dip when I am on the rig but not at home. What kills me is that I can quit for the entire two weeks that I am home but as soon as I get in the truck to drive to the heliport my first stop is the store to get enough for my next hitch and put one in right away. I am actually dipping right now while I type this, sad I know.

I want to get on this ride with some of you as well and quit for good. So I am making it my goal to go the rest of this hitch without and be done with it for good.

Here is to our shared success as a group. Good luck to everyone else.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    "I want to get on this ride with some of you as well and quit for good. So I am making it my goal to go the rest of this hitch without and be done with it for good.

Here is to our shared success as a group. Good luck to everyone else."

<-------This guy is not getting on the ride yet. I have over 30 cans left in my inventory (locker). Maybe tomorrow.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I started with my grandpa's Levi Garrett when I was 13. I would steal a chew from him and then jump on the tractor to cut hay. That eventually turned into bumming dip from my dad's employees then getting them to buy my own cans. I dipped up until I got my new job in 2011. A week in the job I was sitting at my desk and spit into a cup when my boss walked by. He cut that out quick! That day for lunch I walked to the store next door and bought one tin of each flavor of the Camels Snus. I would sit at my desk with 4 of those things stuffed in my lip! Eventually the walks outside to get a real dip tappered off and I switched to the Snus exclusively. Then it went from 4 pouches to 3, 2, and finally one pouch. I took a pinch of Grizzly from my brother a few months back sitting in the duck blind and nearly puked. It was like my first time all over again. Haven't had teh urge to try it since. Now I'm down to maybe 2 - 3 pouches of Snus a day. I'm partial to the Frost flavor.

I'm like the Frost Camel Snus also.

Top Bottom