Tips on wts posts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have been eyeing that vp9 for a while, and yes the price increase due to market conditions in understandable, but I cannot bring myself to make an offer due to the quantity of mags. 6 mags? that is insanity, why would anyone NEED 6 mags? Blows my mind, do they think they are going to single handedly defeat a facist nation? 6 mags hold way more than a box of ammo, and we (well those of us who are thinkers) know that a box of ammo is like a lifetime supply. And if you run out of ammo (off chance that may happen but lets cover it anyway) you can always go to the store, duh. So having 6 loaded mags is like inviting a terrorist into your home while playing naked in a briar patch, it just wont end well.

I was willing to offer $1500 and have the seller keep 2 of the 4 mags, figured that was fair. Once I saw 2 more mags I just had to step back. I'm not sure what the seller thinks, but the rest of us are questioning him pretty hard, now that we know he has 6 mags... Maybe he is just a hoarder, but he should realize how this looks to normal people. 6 mags, wow, thats like having an arsenal in your pants. How would you even carry 6 loaded mags. At 115 grams per bullet (I went with the lightest ammo, to be fair) a loaded mag is almost 4.5 lbs. 6 of those loaded mags (clips) is more than 25 lbs. And that is just 115 9mm, which as anyone who shoots 45acp will tell you is a pile of steaming poo. Go to the legit 158 9mm and you have some "stopping power" but you pay the weight penalty. 6 mags at 18rds per mag is 108 rounds (are we taking over the government, thats alot of ammo, more than 2 whole boxes, sheesh!) So 108 times 158 gives you 17064 grams , which is a huge number and way more than most people could count to in there whole life, even if they started early. Just to put that into perspective 17064 grams is almost 38 pounds. 38 pounds is the weight of 3 decent sized dogs, like a fat Pomeranian (so cute) or even 2 big dogs, like a few lean jack russels. Yeah, thats right, try carrying 2 dogs in your pants everyday. Not going to happen.

So my advise is to not look like a crazy person and just be cool and chill. Biden 24!

Bdot556

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2024
    Shreveport
    Im gonna say i personally usually post trade ads, but its helpful when you say if your open to trades as well or not cuz then ill know how to make an offer and i know some people sont like to but me personally i always put my number in posts because if you message me on here im not gonna see it as fast.
    Im also more likely to buy something if i hit you up like i want it and you can meet the same day, cuz im impatient. Thats just me tho lol

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Everything I posted is "obo" so I started at higher end of what I thought they were valued at.
    Just keep in mind when posting something on the higher side and putting obo a good bit of people will see your asking price and not even bother reaching out. If you want an item to sell quickly or at all its best to list it at a lower price point, especially in today’s market. I haven’t had any trouble selling the few guns I have these past few months but I’ve listed everything at 30-40% lower than what I paid for it and still put obo. Most people saw my asking price and didn’t try to haggle any further.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Just keep in mind when posting something on the higher side and putting obo a good bit of people will see your asking price and not even bother reaching out. If you want an item to sell quickly or at all its best to list it at a lower price point, especially in today’s market. I haven’t had any trouble selling the few guns I have these past few months but I’ve listed everything at 30-40% lower than what I paid for it and still put obo. Most people saw my asking price and didn’t try to haggle any further.
    This ^^

The truth is that while I will absolutely buy more guns and use the word "need", they are really a "want" at this point. And I think that holds true for most of us. So if something is priced "right", I'll buy it and generally don't worry about a few dollars. If it's close, I will reach out. But if something is too high, I don't lowball and drive us both crazy - there will always be another deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom