Trump

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunnut

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    PA
    Boy if that's not the pot calling the kettle black :dogkeke:

Last I checked, this is a thread labeled "Trump" so we can talk about, what I would have assumed, Donald Trump. Seems as though the only thing people can say about Donald Trump is Biden related? Doesn't bode well for Donald Trump if the only thing good you can say is about his opponent which, to add further hilarity, would immediately change to someone else if another person is chosen to run as the Democratic nominee. Fickle and easily distracted, those that have been led astray.

Seems as though there is a lot less arguing for Trump which means one of two things:
    1. You're not actually Trump supporters, to which I would say "Stand up and take your party back" or,
    2. You just can't really find a whole lot of good stuff to say about him because, well...there isn't.

So, to make sure we stay on topic, here's some more TRUMP:

Why don't you spend some time regaling us with some 'Biden' facts and prove you're not trolling.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    *checks thread title*

With the 'Biden' thing again? Driving home my previous comment, are we?

Internet Life tip: Difference of opinion does not a troll make.

If Jimmy Kimmel made a skit about it, it MUST be true! :dogkeke:

It's a comedy skit soooo I don't think it's trying to prove anything? It does, however, have a fair amount of Donald Trump spouting off some of his more...spectacular...lies. I digress.... I can explain skits to you in more detail if you need and we can move on from there.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    You said in another thread you were an 'indie' and didn't want to vote for either

All true.
    so harping on only one is trolling.
    Untrue. This thread is for Trump. All of what I say here is, by design, about Trump. Would you prefer if I gave Donald Trump some compliments? I could probably come up with a few areas in which he won't be remembered in history as the worst president we've elected.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It a shame you are allowed to post obvious lies about another man on this website.

He's allowed to post whatever he wants, within reason, because he has not yet broken the rules. In fact, the rules on argumentative and divisive behavior states "this rule is not meant to stifle the civil discussion of laws or other current issues relevant to gun owners, instead it is to allow these discussions to flourish as opposed to devolving." So far he's been civil enough to not run afoul of the rules.

You should be shunned by the membership.

Shun him. Stop replying to him. Ignore him. Block him.

gunnut

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    PA
    All true.

Untrue. This thread is for Trump. All of what I say here is, by design, about Trump. Would you prefer if I gave Donald Trump some compliments? I could probably come up with a few areas in which he won't be remembered in history as the worst president we've elected.
    No, I don't need to only hear what I would like to hear. He sort of lost me in the last election when he couldn't even tone down for
    his own good. And on the same level I don't go piling on in the Biden threads or try to play devil's advocate and I don't blow smoke you know where about Trump either. I've learned in the past 4 yrs there is no trying to see the other sides power-points.
    Too polarized especially when it comes to 2A forums which it should be reflecting on the Blues past and present performance.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    He's allowed to post whatever he wants, within reason, because he has not yet broken the rules. In fact, the rules on argumentative and divisive behavior states "this rule is not meant to stifle the civil discussion of laws or other current issues relevant to gun owners, instead it is to allow these discussions to flourish as opposed to devolving." So far he's been civil enough to not run afoul of the rules.

Shun him. Stop replying to him. Ignore him. Block him.
    Yeah you are right and i know better. We need a redo button.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Trump has his faults, mostly around his lack of ability to control his mouth in public. Recently however, since the debate, libs are complaining that he hasn't had a public appearance in a while. He's not throwing Biden a lifeline by distracting the press. Maybe he's finally catching on and/or listening to the right people? There has been no VP named by him even though he hinted it would happen around the time of the debate. That's not an accident that it hasn't happened yet.

On another note, while he talks a lot and uses hyperbole gratuitously, he is the first president in my lifetime who either did or at least went down trying to do what he actually promised while campaigning. I'll take that any day over the "restore the soul of the nation" and "the adults are back in charge" utter nonsense. The world is a mess now. It wasn't 4 years ago.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'll add this in, courtesy of @scottadamssays on Twitter/X. I think it sums up the difference in the candidates very nicely.

"Watching Democrats wake up to how badly their own team has been gaslighting them about Biden is the entertainment of the decade. If I were Trump, I would remind Democrats their own side lied to them to the point of generational party destruction. And not just lies about Biden.

We've been living in a Democrat-made hoaxocracy for at least 7 years. Fine People Hoax, Drinking Bleach Hoax, J6 insurrection hoax, "Suckers and losers" hoax, and so much more. Trump is a "salesman." His hyperbole is designed to be productive, as in getting to a deal.

Democrat persuasion is a different animal. Gaslighting is pure evil. We need to stop comparing "fact checks" by counting the NUMBER of them. Instead, compare the TYPE.

Trump might say his economy was better than you remember. But Biden tells you Hitler is rising. Those are not equivalents. One is selling. The other is gaslighting."

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I'll always respect the rules and I'll always be civil. Personal attacks aren't my style. I'll always respect a well-thought out opinion even if I don't agree.

No, I don't need to only hear what I would like to hear. He sort of lost me in the last election when he couldn't even tone down for
    his own good. And on the same level I don't go piling on in the Biden threads or try to play devil's advocate and I don't blow smoke you know where about Trump either. I've learned in the past 4 yrs there is no trying to see the other sides power-points.
    Too polarized especially when it comes to 2A forums which it should be reflecting on the Blues past and present performance.

He was (and still is to a high degree) very much his own worst enemy. I am not a licensed psychiatrist so I won't diagnose him but he has a propensity to exaggerate and stretch reality (I'm being generous here). Nearly all politicians do this to some degree but none quite so blatantly and flippantly as Trump. This costs him a lot of independent and undecided votes. His core voters are voting for him no matter what...those are locked. If he could tone down the rhetoric long enough, he would stumble into a lot of votes he previously lost due to voters inability to trust him. Democrats are famous for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...Trump likely won't get another opportunity like this. He just has to shut up.

I'll add this in, courtesy of @scottadamssays on Twitter/X. I think it sums up the difference in the candidates very nicely.

"Watching Democrats wake up to how badly their own team has been gaslighting them about Biden is the entertainment of the decade. If I were Trump, I would remind Democrats their own side lied to them to the point of generational party destruction. And not just lies about Biden.

We've been living in a Democrat-made hoaxocracy for at least 7 years. Fine People Hoax, Drinking Bleach Hoax, J6 insurrection hoax, "Suckers and losers" hoax, and so much more. Trump is a "salesman." His hyperbole is designed to be productive, as in getting to a deal.

Democrat persuasion is a different animal. Gaslighting is pure evil. We need to stop comparing "fact checks" by counting the NUMBER of them. Instead, compare the TYPE.

Trump might say his economy was better than you remember. But Biden tells you Hitler is rising. Those are not equivalents. One is selling. The other is gaslighting."

I'm trying to earnestly follow and I'm struggling for a few reasons. Anyone that says every critical thought, regardless of evidence, is a "hoax" or "witch hunt" is an immediate red flag for believability. I gave Donald a pass for the Charlottesville gaffe...it was a poorly worded response that, predictably, Democrats took and ran with. Republicans do the same when an opponent says something foolish. I'll make fun of Donald Trump for the "injectable disinfectant & UV light" bit for a long time. He doesn't deserve to be crucified for it but it is indicative of a larger problem--a public leader, when dealing with a panicky public during a global health crisis, should not be speculating and hypothesizing about medical treatments. Let' us not forget that there was a significant increase in disinfectant poisoning calls after Trumps statements ( https://www.poison.med.wayne.edu/updates-content/kstytapp2qfstf0pkacdxmz943u1hs ) for which he refused to accept any responsibility which is another staple of Donald Trump - he'll never own anything negative and will instead blame and deflect. It's also not mentioned here but he did the same with hydroxychloroquine which also did actual harm to people.

J6 was an attempt at disrupting the peaceful transition of power...a very important part of our democracy. There is no hoax. It played out live on television. Denying it occurred or responsibility to those that had a hand is a form of gaslighting in and of itself. Pretending like Donald Trump didn't have any role or, in some way support it, is naive at best.

"Suckers and losers", I hate to tell you, is also not a hoax. John Kelly, a four-star Marine general and ex White House chief of staff to Donald Trump confirmed what was quoted as saying: "A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them,'" Kelly said of Trump. "A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family — for all Gold Star families — on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.”

I do agree that Trump is a salesman. I'd go so far as to say he's a con-man. And I mean that in the most literal sense--a confidence man. He says what he thinks his followers want to hear to get what he wants. "Hitler" and "Nazi" are just words for political volley these days. They've been used so much, it's impossible to take anyone seriously that's making that correlation regardless of the parallels. Amongst many others, they're just trigger words to get people riled up. Democrats and Republicans use their own variations for the same reason.
    Trump has his faults, mostly around his lack of ability to control his mouth in public. Recently however, since the debate, libs are complaining that he hasn't had a public appearance in a while. He's not throwing Biden a lifeline by distracting the press. Maybe he's finally catching on and/or listening to the right people? There has been no VP named by him even though he hinted it would happen around the time of the debate. That's not an accident that it hasn't happened yet.

I can't vehemently disagree. Although, let's hope he can, at least, not nod in approval of the hanging of his VP pick this time should he be elected.
    The world is a mess now. It wasn't 4 years ago.

Rose-tinted glasses, mate. I'll give you a pass and we'll call it human nature to look fondly upon the past. The state of the world is a slippery, nuanced eel and it's one neither of us will be able to define by just a few events or metrics.

folivier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    But at the end of the day our choices will most probably be Biden and Trump. A third party candidate will only muck up the election. So who will you choose?
    Don't like Trump? Ok, but he did improve our country. Biden? he didn't do a lot to improve our country did he?
    Glad we have a choice. Now think carefully which candidate will make our country greater.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    But at the end of the day our choices will most probably be Biden and Trump. A third party candidate will only muck up the election. So who will you choose?
    Don't like Trump? Ok, but he did improve our country. Biden? he didn't do a lot to improve our country did he?
    Glad we have a choice. Now think carefully which candidate will make our country greater.

Additional choices are never bad.

Unless the Democrats come up with another candidate, it would appear I'm voting for Biden but I have to blame that on lack of good choice.

Attempting to define who "will make our country greater" is a bit vague so I'm going to use the topic that most people are most concerned about, according to voter polls: The economy. If you have a certain issue or policy you'd like to discuss instead, I'd be happy to lay out my stance.

I will preface what comes next with this: The POTUS does not have a magic wand when it comes to our economy and the factors that influence it. They can influence it heavily and public perception is not always an accurate reflection of a good/bad job.

Donald Trump did not ruin the American economy like some democratic pundits would have people believe. However, he did (and continues) to make mistakes regarding the US-China trade relations relying on tariffs and how they will impact American citizens but that's not the point I'm making. Donald Trump could not have stopped Covid but it did absolutely cause havoc to our economy. It is my personal opinion that Donald Trump fumbled the Covid response by delaying certain measures that would have limited it's initial impacts. I say that knowing full well I have the luxury of hindsight but it was a costly error for all Americans. Covid's negative effects were felt internally and internationally and they lasted beyond his presidency into Bidens. I applauded Donald Trump for coming to the rescue of businesses at a difficult time. This didn't help inflation later but the ends justified the means. There was modest economic growth under Donald Trump (not "the greatest it's ever been as he would have you believe) which is why I say Donald Trump didn't do an awful job in this metric.

Biden assumed the presidency when the country was already heading towards a recession. The vast majority of experts agreed it was all but certain. Inflation was already on the rise as the job turned to have to kickstart consumer confidence in a post-Covid world. The law of inertia states that objects at rest tend to stay at rest so this was no easy feat. I was critical then and I sell assert that the stimulus money that was meant to entice public spending just contributed to the inflation we were already rising (+2.6% to be exact). Whether or not the ultimate outcome outweighed the inflation pinch is debatable. Biden's ability to get bipartisan acts (infrastructure, CHIPS, supply chain improvements) through and enacted quickly helped to stem bleeding and put us on the road to recovery. The Federal Reserve doesn't get a lot of credit for this but they should be part of the conversation because their action absolutely put the brakes on an nearly inevitable recession and spiraling inflation by controlling the interest rates. It's been a very unpopular decision and led to a lot of criticism for them and Joe Biden but it was, and continues to be, the right decision. The country rode historically low interest for a long time...there is no universe in which that bill doesn't get paid eventually but no one wanted to get stuck holding that bag. US economic growth is now exceeding all previous expectations. Our major stock market indices are at record highs. Unemployment has been at or in lock-step with all-time lows for 3 consecutive years. Nominal hourly wage growth has been higher since July 2021 than it was for Donald Trump's entire presidency.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom