Trump

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Trumps economy in a nutshell. Skip to 1:00 to bypass annoying young lady.

Groceries, while part of the CPI metric, are just a tiny fraction of how the economy is gauged (even in a nutshell...which this video is not).

Coming off the back of the 2008 housing crisis where we saw interest rates drop to 0% and remain there or there abouts, for years to come followed by extraordinarily low interest rates leading up to Covid where increased federal spending was required for recovery aid/programs...there was zero escape from a spike in inflation. It didn't matter who the president was. It was going to happen. I don't count Covid economy time when considering Donald Trumps presidency since it was not within his control to completely stop it (nor could he control our international trade partners) so I do not blame Biden for managing the results of our economy with which he was handed. There was a lot of doom and gloom about how we were going to spend the next decade in an awful recession/depression. As much as no conservative wants to give credit, our government (not just the president) expertly navigated us safely through. I get it, common citizens don't care how to properly asses an economy's progress/regress....most don't have an BS in economic science.

On a related aside, I have yet to hear anyone recently complain about savings account interest rates (compared to the last 2 decades) which are yielding actual money or 401k/stock market investments profits. Sure, my groceries got more expensive but we are also over the hump we had to endure. If your groceries are too high, you may want to consider the place you're shopping is fleecing you. Ever noticed how cost of goods will quickly rise to match their profit needs but slowly fall when their needs lower? It's called the "rocket and feathers" affect. Presently, inflation is falling and I would expect the Federal Reserve to begin cutting interest rates this year thanks to positive data trending in the right direction. Contrary to popular belief, our economy does not exactly handle like a sports car. If Donald Trump took over office tomorrow, the economy would not make any miraculous recovery nor would your groceries go back to $100.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Groceries, while part of the CPI metric, are just a tiny fraction of how the economy is gauged (even in a nutshell...which this video is not).

Coming off the back of the 2008 housing crisis where we saw interest rates drop to 0% and remain there or there abouts, for years to come followed by extraordinarily low interest rates leading up to Covid where increased federal spending was required for recovery aid/programs...there was zero escape from a spike in inflation. It didn't matter who the president was. It was going to happen. I don't count Covid economy time when considering Donald Trumps presidency since it was not within his control to completely stop it (nor could he control our international trade partners) so I do not blame Biden for managing the results of our economy with which he was handed. There was a lot of doom and gloom about how we were going to spend the next decade in an awful recession/depression. As much as no conservative wants to give credit, our government (not just the president) expertly navigated us safely through. I get it, common citizens don't care how to properly asses an economy's progress/regress....most don't have an BS in economic science.

On a related aside, I have yet to hear anyone recently complain about savings account interest rates (compared to the last 2 decades) which are yielding actual money or 401k/stock market investments profits. Sure, my groceries got more expensive but we are also over the hump we had to endure. If your groceries are too high, you may want to consider the place you're shopping is fleecing you. Ever noticed how cost of goods will quickly rise to match their profit needs but slowly fall when their needs lower? It's called the "rocket and feathers" affect. Presently, inflation is falling and I would expect the Federal Reserve to begin cutting interest rates this year thanks to positive data trending in the right direction. Contrary to popular belief, our economy does not exactly handle like a sports car. If Donald Trump took over office tomorrow, the economy would not make any miraculous recovery nor would your groceries go back to $100.
    I wasnt going to reply to your absurd posts but. Your claims are not backed up with any sort of credible data. You are for the most part a cartoon caricature of morning joe, don lemon and maddow all wrapped up in an alias called sil-40. Your ability to spew every propaganda point made by the left is very impressive. I cant imagine a commie like yourself is interested in preserving the 2nd A?

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I wasnt going to reply to your absurd posts but. Your claims are not backed up with any sort of credible data. You are for the most part a cartoon caricature of morning joe, don lemon and maddow all wrapped up in an alias called sil-40. Your ability to spew every propaganda point made by the left is very impressive. I cant imagine a commie like yourself is interested in preserving the 2nd A?

There are the personal attacks. Classy. My "claims" are backed by nothing but data because I don't make decisions based on emotion which you seem either unwilling or incapable of doing based on this diatribe of insults that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Instead of refuting my "claims" with cold, hard data of your own, you prefer to call me a "commie" which, as even the most ardent conservative will admit, is just a trigger word used when you wish to call something "bad". Some people prefer gathering data for themselves and interpreting it away from the mainstream media telling us what we should think about it. Numbers don't lie.

And to set the record straight; I am not a communist supporter *gasp!* and I am fully supportive of our rights to own firearms. Shocking...I know.

Bidenomics Sucks Rocks
    Thank you for your intelligent contribution

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    There are the personal attacks. Classy. My "claims" are backed by nothing but data because I don't make decisions based on emotion which you seem either unwilling or incapable of doing based on this diatribe of insults that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Instead of refuting my "claims" with cold, hard data of your own, you prefer to call me a "commie" which, as even the most ardent conservative will admit, is just a trigger word used when you wish to call something "bad". Some people prefer gathering data for themselves and interpreting it away from the mainstream media telling us what we should think about it. Numbers don't lie.

And to set the record straight; I am not a communist supporter *gasp!* and I am fully supportive of our rights to own firearms. Shocking...I know.

Thank you for your intelligent contribution
    I thought i was being respectful too bad you arent receprecating. I find your propaganda disrespectful to BS and the country . As far as your desire to support the 2nd A, how can you claim to support the 2nd at the same time supporting those who wish to trample on all of the individual rights? I think you need to do some soul searching my young friend.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I thought i was being respectful too bad you arent receprecating. I find your propaganda disrespectful to BS and the country . As far as your desire to support the 2nd A, how can you claim to support the 2nd at the same time supporting those who wish to trample on all of the individual rights? I think you need to do some soul searching my young friend.
    Let's clear the air and state some facts, you and I. However much you may disagree with what I have to say, it was not done disrespectfully. I invite disagreement. I enjoy hearing well thought out opposing opinions. It promotes critical thought for me and for those willing to engage. What you spouted off earlier was none of that. If that's all you intend to contribute, I would echo others by pointing out that you can mute me at any time you wish if you need to bury your head in the sand or if you simply can't control yourself.

This may come as a surprise but, gun rights aren't the only issue this country faces. My guns are in my possession, I get to use them how and when I like. I will support that right as long as I'm alive. What I won't do is pick a presidential candidate based solely on their (or their party's) 2A stance. Since we're only given two options, we have to pick the one that suits us across a myriad of issues. It would be wise for you to consider doing the same, old friend.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Let's clear the air and state some facts, you and I. However much you may disagree with what I have to say, it was not done disrespectfully. I invite disagreement. I enjoy hearing well thought out opposing opinions. It promotes critical thought for me and for those willing to engage. What you spouted off earlier was none of that. If that's all you intend to contribute, I would echo others by pointing out that you can mute me at any time you wish if you need to bury your head in the sand or if you simply can't control yourself.

This may come as a surprise but, gun rights aren't the only issue this country faces. My guns are in my possession, I get to use them how and when I like. I will support that right as long as I'm alive. What I won't do is pick a presidential candidate based solely on their (or their party's) 2A stance. Since we're only given two options, we have to pick the one that suits us across a myriad of issues. It would be wise for you to consider doing the same, old friend.
    The individual Amendment are the most important issue to those on BS as well as the country as a whole. Those tyrrants you wish to be ruled by despise the citizens they wish to rule over. Our government first and foremost is for the people by the people. The democrats and a large portion of repupblicans hate this about or Constitution.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    It would improve if he started tomorrow. Not because he is a great leader or has some innovative ideas. It would improve because people with money would be banking on the removal of regulations-and they would be probably be right-which would lead to more investments. People are not putting out money unless they have a high chance of making it back, and the amount of return has to be worth it to them.

Now, regulations can help from keeping things turning sideways. Overall, people knew more regulations would come when Biden became president, and they were right. Makes it so much harder for many to do business. People think Trump will remove some of the barriers, and they will probably be right again.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    It would improve if he started tomorrow. Not because he is a great leader or has some innovative ideas. It would improve because people with money would be banking on the removal of regulations-and they would be probably be right-which would lead to more investments. People are not putting out money unless they have a high chance of making it back, and the amount of return has to be worth it to them.

Now, regulations can help from keeping things turning sideways. Overall, people knew more regulations would come when Biden became president, and they were right. Makes it so much harder for many to do business. People think Trump will remove some of the barriers, and they will probably be right again.

I follow your logic and, while a bit simplistic, some of that did pan out in along Donald Trumps presidency. Some of his deregulatory efforts made good sense and I supported (some of) them. A lot of his efforts did not get passed court...only some 20 percent succeeded. One thing is for certain, if you track the economy using the usual metrics, it makes no appreciable incline from the transition of Obama to Trump. So while deregulation can spur business in certain sectors affected by red tape cutting, it does not always or immediately equate to a higher functioning economy.

Right now, if you look at our economy and our stock markets, they're on an absolute tear. Excessive regulatory red tape is not hindering people's ability to do business or to invest.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Excessive regulatory red tape is not hindering people's ability to do business or to invest.
    Maybe, maybe not - the election question really is not how its doing so much as how much better would (could) it do with less regulatory red tape?

gunnut

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    PA
    He was (and still is to a high degree) very much his own worst enemy. I am not a licensed psychiatrist so I won't diagnose him but he has a propensity to exaggerate and stretch reality (I'm being generous here). Nearly all politicians do this to some degree but none quite so blatantly and flippantly as Trump. This costs him a lot of independent and undecided votes. His core voters are voting for him no matter what...those are locked. If he could tone down the rhetoric long enough, he would stumble into a lot of votes he previously lost due to voters inability to trust him. Democrats are famous for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...Trump likely won't get another opportunity like this. He just has to shut up.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. Can't reason your vote for Joe though??? What about your Indie on the ticket (if he gets on in LA)
    RK Jr?

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    It isn't so much a vote for Biden as it is a vote against Trump. Ultimately, it won't matter. All 8 of LA's electoral votes will be Republican as they have been since the mid-90s. I'm much more "all over the place" when it comes to our local elections.

RKJ is a conspiracy theorist who seems to hold the truth in the same regard and Donald Trump...only when it suits. He's anti-science and believes America/NATO caused Russia to invade Ukraine which is a gross apologist stance for the atrocities that Russia has done and is doing to Ukraine.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'll add this in, courtesy of @scottadamssays on Twitter/X. I think it sums up the difference in the candidates very nicely.

"Watching Democrats wake up to how badly their own team has been gaslighting them about Biden is the entertainment of the decade. If I were Trump, I would remind Democrats their own side lied to them to the point of generational party destruction. And not just lies about Biden.

We've been living in a Democrat-made hoaxocracy for at least 7 years. Fine People Hoax, Drinking Bleach Hoax, J6 insurrection hoax, "Suckers and losers" hoax, and so much more. Trump is a "salesman." His hyperbole is designed to be productive, as in getting to a deal.

Democrat persuasion is a different animal. Gaslighting is pure evil. We need to stop comparing "fact checks" by counting the NUMBER of them. Instead, compare the TYPE.

Trump might say his economy was better than you remember. But Biden tells you Hitler is rising. Those are not equivalents. One is selling. The other is gaslighting."
    This!
    I keep hearing democrats say how the trust is gone. Saying they should switch political parties and start voting Republican. This is why.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    But at the end of the day our choices will most probably be Biden and Trump. A third party candidate will only muck up the election. So who will you choose?
    Don't like Trump? Ok, but he did improve our country. Biden? he didn't do a lot to improve our country did he?
    Glad we have a choice. Now think carefully which candidate will make our country greater.
    Make America Great Again!.......Again!!!!!

gunnut

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    PA
    It isn't so much a vote for Biden as it is a vote against Trump. Ultimately, it won't matter. All 8 of LA's electoral votes will be Republican as they have been since the mid-90s. I'm much more "all over the place" when it comes to our local elections.

RKJ is a conspiracy theorist who seems to hold the truth in the same regard and Donald Trump...only when it suits. He's anti-science and believes America/NATO caused Russia to invade Ukraine which is a gross apologist stance for the atrocities that Russia has done and is doing to Ukraine.
    He's definitely not cut from the same cloth as father and uncle.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    RFK is a leftist hack but atleast he still has his sanity. Look our economy is in the toilet, pay is stagnit, homelessness is at a epidemic, our borders are being overun, drug abuse and deaths from drugs are at pandemic levels, the country is a laughing stock around the worls, Biteme is prosecuting his political enemies, the list goes on and on. At this point the democrat party should be declared a terrorist orginization.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Skip to 1:00 to bypass annoying young lady.
    All 100% true. What’s wrong with Brett Cooper other than she’s trying to talk as fast as Ben Shapiro.
    I posted this earlier; If you don’t know if you’re for Trump or Biden, then you’re not 2A. Or American values.

Last edited:

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    RFK is a leftist hack but atleast he still has his sanity.

You may be confusing lucidity with sanity.
    Look our economy is in the toilet, pay is stagnit, homelessness is at a epidemic, our borders are being overun, drug abuse and deaths from drugs are at pandemic levels, the country is a laughing stock around the worls, Biteme is prosecuting his political enemies, the list goes on and on. At this point the democrat party should be declared a terrorist organization.

Statements made contradictory of statistics and reality. Check.

I know Donald Trump rarely supports his assertions with facts but I’m beginning to wonder if his blind followers are allergic. Just…saying stuff….doesnt make it true.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ShootingStarr
    Top Bottom