UPDATE: Cannizarro Refuses to Charge; A friend was involved in a shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Nope. Not LE, military, sheep dog, neighborhood watch or even hall monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I am not trying to be an ass but why would you debate with mcinfantry who has prior LE experience in a large city about this? I was wondering what experience you were basing your responses on.

MOTOR51

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I am not trying to be an ass but why would you debate with mcinfantry who has prior LE experience in a large city about this? I was wondering what experience you were basing your responses on.

MOTOR51

Because I disagreed? And maybe his opinion is not infallible? And maybe being a street cop doesn't necessarily make you a legal expert?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Because I disagreed? And maybe his opinion is not infallible? And maybe being a street cop doesn't necessarily make you a legal expert?

I understand that. I find it odd that people love to argue and disagree with LEO about law related threads. I for one would feel silly arguing with a certified mechanic about how to work on a car. I just assumed you were LE or Military.

MOTOR51

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I understand that. I find it odd that people love to argue and disagree with LEO about law related threads. I for one would feel silly arguing with a certified mechanic about how to work on a car. I just assumed you were LE or Military.

MOTOR51

That's acceptable behavior here. It will never change.

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Why don't we make the LEO forum into a 'members only' club so the LEO can suck eachothers' dicks in there and sit around their big-headed table and scoff as us lowly civilian minions?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

MOTOR51

And I wouldn't argue about this case with a district attorney or lawyer. A cop...sure. I mean maybe you can answer the questions mcinfantry avoided and clear it up for me?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Why don't we make the LEO forum into a 'members only' club so the LEO can suck eachothers' dicks in there and sit around their big-headed table and scoff as us lowly civilian minions?

Another Internet expert has chimed in. Tell us again why your awesome, oh that's right, you worked at that place that was on TV...

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm merely trying to suggest a dichotomy where you elite are free of us lowly types since it troubles you so.

We don't think we're elite. We've never met, but I can promise you people who know me know that I am not that guy.

JR1572

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And I wouldn't argue about this case with a district attorney or lawyer. A cop...sure. I mean maybe you can answer the questions mcinfantry avoided and clear it up for me?

Ill give him time. If he doesn't ill try and clear it up for him. I would rather argue with anybody else than an attorney also.

MOTOR51

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    We don't think we're elite. We've never met, but I can promise you people who know me know that I am not that guy.

JR1572

As you've pointed out several times; how people are online are often different than they are in meatspace. I /only/ know of you how you conduct yourself here.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm merely trying to suggest a dichotomy where you elite are free of us lowly types since it troubles you so.

Or we could start a thread about building guns and we could tell you and the rest of red jacket how to do it. Makes about as much sense.

MOTOR51

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Or we could start a thread about building guns and we could tell you and the rest of red jacket how to do it. Makes about as much sense.

MOTOR51
    I don't work there any more but if you have input on my current job, have at it. If you had worthwhile additions to make, however, I'd be all ears. I learned a great many things from people not in the business simply because they were right and engaged me in discussion. Some here seem to be more concerned with who is doing the speaking rather than what is being said, and that's simply childish.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

I don't know what the question is, but this is for certain:

Landry shot a 14 year old in his yard.

The police came out.

The detectives came out.

An arrest warrant (the affidavit and the actual warrant) were written and presented to a judge for review. It was reviewed and endorsed by the judge, thus finding probable cause, and subsequently Landry was arrested for attempted second degree murder.

We are not privy to all of the information that the detectives learned while conducting this investigation. All we are doing is speculating. If we're lucky, the losers at NOLA.com will post the arrest warrant affidavit and we will all have an opportunity to better learn what happened and move forward.

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm with JR - this is very similar to the TM/GZ situation, but not like everyone will parrot on about. The innocence/guilt will be decided by the masses who stick their nose where it doesn't belong; long before any/most relevant details come out.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    But my point all along...is it's not all about statutes. If this happened a year ago, or the criminal was 40 instead of 14, can anyone honestly say the arrest would have gone down like it did? Highly doubtful.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    stock-footage-disappointed-man-placing-his-hands-on-his-head-against-a-white-background.jpg

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    From nola.com article "Coulter's family acknowledged the teen's history of burglary arrests but said he had never used a gun. "

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    From nola.com article "Coulter's family acknowledged the teen's history of burglary arrests but said he had never used a gun. "

Oh. Well hell, In that case....

Did they include a mailing address? I'd like to send him half of my belongings for his trouble.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    He was currently awaiting trial on charges for "stealing stuff" according to his brother.

I think the verdict hinges on the existence of christmas sweater pictures.

Top Bottom