UPDATE: Cannizarro Refuses to Charge; A friend was involved in a shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You should throw in some tactical shooting class experience on top of a questionable shooting and lets see how that works. MMA half-ass training caused problems for zimmerman. Its to bad he didnt have a couple hundred hours of shooting under his belt hunh?

THAT IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

So you're suggesting people shouldn't get training?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The whole "I'm better than y'all" thing is getting old. Being a patrol cop 100 years ago makes you a legal expert? Ninja please. Right now the only expert advice you can give is on hog hunting, photography and drinking scotch.

Just like how you declared, with 100% certainty and confidence, the lady in the home invasion was not randomly targeted and was a doper that owed the guy drug money? Oh, you were totally wrong huh? I didn't think that was possible, since you're an expert and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

LOL. ill admit I was wrong on the home invasion lady (so was several other cops), Will you admit you dont know about deadly force?

Will you admit other than an administrator of this site thats taken tactical training classes on how to shoot you have absolutely no experience in the application of law or police policy or procedure? Or do you stick to 'good shoot' based on two stories you heard?

I only mention i used to be a cop because thats where I base my OPINION and EXPERIENCE on.

But, lets play?

I still dont see Vanilla Gorilla, Motors51, Alpine, BayouPiper, Et Al, claiming im wrong, or that the shoot is good.

here IS my POINT

You should throw in some tactical shooting class experience on top of a questionable shooting and lets see how that works. MMA half-ass training caused problems for zimmerman. Its to bad he didnt have a couple hundred hours of shooting under his belt hunh?

The whole "I'm better than y'all" thing is getting old. Two shitty examples of half ass burglar shooting years ago makes you a legal expert? Tactical Ninja please
    Right now the only expert advice you can give is on being an administrator here, running the Advantage Group website and stippling some guns.

:rofl:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    So you're suggesting people shouldn't get training?

no, jack. Its the same thing we have talked about before. it MAY be used against you. I absolutely encourage training to be proficient, safe, effective and competent. Im pointing out that depending on WHAT training you take may harm you depending on the scope, focus and amount.

i wouldnt suggest buying an ar, throwing it in your car then using it and then being hemmed up on the fact you have never fired a gun, or taken any training and hit innocent/wrong people either.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    "Earlier in the evening, a different neighbor said, the teen in the blue tank top had been biking around the area around 8 p.m. and the neighbor believed he was looking at different houses.

"I thought about calling the cops, but the last thing I want to do is racially profile a little kid who's just biking," said the neighbor, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The neighbor and Landry are white; the two teens are black."

I found this little bit interesting from the article. If the neighbor had called the police this would have probably been avoided. Guess people have learned that it is best just to lay low after the Zimmerman trial reaction.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    LOL. ill admit I was wrong on the home invasion lady (so was several other cops), Will you admit you dont know about deadly force?

Will you admit other than an administrator of this site thats taken tactical training classes on how to shoot you have absolutely no experience in the application of law or police policy or procedure? Or do you stick to 'good shoot' based on two stories you heard?

I only mention i used to be a cop because thats where I base my OPINION and EXPERIENCE on.

But, lets play?

I still dont see Vanilla Gorilla, Motors51, Alpine, BayouPiper, Et Al, claiming im wrong, or that the shoot is good.

here IS my POINT

The whole "I'm better than y'all" thing is getting old. Two shitty examples of half ass burglar shooting years ago makes you a legal expert? Tactical Ninja please
    Right now the only expert advice you can give is on being an administrator here, running the Advantage Group website and stippling some guns.

The difference is, I only give my opinion, whereas you try to pass off your opinion as fact or worth more than anyone elses.

Besides, you obviously haven't read my posts in this thread. Instead you've simply resorted to talking about how awesome you are.

The two cases I brought up don't make me a legal expert. They simply prove that no one, even former cops, can with any certainty say what the outcome of a case will or should be. You said yourself it all depends on what the DA thinks, therefore the law and any past experience you are applying are useless.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    "Earlier in the evening, a different neighbor said, the teen in the blue tank top had been biking around the area around 8 p.m. and the neighbor believed he was looking at different houses.

"I thought about calling the cops, but the last thing I want to do is racially profile a little kid who's just biking," said the neighbor, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The neighbor and Landry are white; the two teens are black."

I found this little bit interesting from the article. If the neighbor had called the police this would have probably been avoided. Guess people have learned that it is best just to lay low after the Zimmerman trial reaction.

i agree. I had hoped people would realize to call cops, when they see something suspicious. which is what zimmerman did, he just interjected himself too much in my opinion.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    no, jack. Its the same thing we have talked about before. it MAY be used against you. I absolutely encourage training to be proficient, safe, effective and competent. Im pointing out that depending on WHAT training you take may harm you depending on the scope, focus and amount.

i wouldnt suggest buying an ar, throwing it in your car then using it and then being hemmed up on the fact you have never fired a gun, or taken any training and hit innocent/wrong people either.

I guess man, I'd much rather have more training than needed vs less. Considering how much training you can have before it begins to effect a jury ruling seems like an exercise in futility to me.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

Can you cite a case where firearms training has been a factor in the outcome of the court case?

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    The difference is, I only give my opinion, whereas you try to pass off your opinion as fact or worth more than anyone elses.

Besides, you obviously haven't read my posts in this thread. Instead you've simply resorted to talking about how awesome you are.
    that wasnt my intention. i am saying that i have true first hand accounts and experience in similar cases. I will not name names or too many details to protect some posters here who are/were involved.
    The two cases I brought up don't make me a legal expert. They simply prove that no one, even former cops, can with any certainty say what the outcome of a case will or should be. You said yourself it all depends on what the DA thinks, therefore the law and any past experience you are applying are useless.

You posted you think its ok, i post i dont. if you follow my opinion or yours, only one is likely to result in an arrest.

Is anyone currently providing tactical training ACTIVE duty? Being a former cop doesnt negate my life experience as one. But you are right, case law and laws DO change. Which is why I do try and keep up with the changes.

I didn't say it depends on what the DA thinks. I said the DA controls the Grand Jury.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    No material item is worth dying or killing someone over.

The first part is a no-brainer.

As for the second....Well, there are places out there that most certainly make it 'your call'.

I'll just say this: I do not believe we want to see the day when thieves KNOW beyond the shadow of a doubt that they are a protected species. Because at that point, we are more or less finished. You may as well not own anything. It sucks to think of things in those terms- but it's true. :dunno:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Can you cite a case where firearms training has been a factor in the outcome of the court case?

I can cite Florida v Zimmerman, which MMA training was attempted to be used as a factor in a self defense shooting where there was no alleged use of said training.

on you earlier example, the detached garage example is probably a good example of the gray area. While not considered part of the legal home (or inhabited dwelling) for insurance, i THINK it would be under the enumerated justifiable homicide clause.

I arrested a burglar under almost the exact conditions, minus he DID listen to commands to not move by the homeowner who held him at shotgun point. Had he moved the elder man wouldnt have had much choice, IN MY OPINION.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I guess man, I'd much rather have more training than needed vs less. Considering how much training you can have before it begins to effect a jury ruling seems like an exercise in futility to me.

What would the jury think of a man's judgement who has no training and who chose to carry a firearm around?

Training doesn't make you a criminal.
    Thinking things doesn't make you a criminal.
    Internet forum posts don't make you a criminal.
    Racism doesn't make you a criminal.
    Criminal actions make you a criminal.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    What would the jury think of a man's judgement who has no training and who chose to carry a firearm around?

what would they think? you mean of the literal thousands of shootings in the last 200 years by people defending themselves? i guess not a lot.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I can cite Florida v Zimmerman, which MMA training was attempted to be used as a factor in a self defense shooting where there was no alleged use of said training.

on you earlier example, the detached garage example is probably a good example of the gray area. While not considered part of the legal home (or inhabited dwelling) for insurance, i THINK it would be under the enumerated justifiable homicide clause.

I arrested a burglar under almost the exact conditions, minus he DID listen to commands to not move by the homeowner who held him at shotgun point. Had he moved the elder man wouldnt have had much choice, IN MY OPINION.

That's it? Zimmerman? Hard to say it was a factor when the dude is sitting at home probably eating a fish taco right now. If anything that suggests that it is NOT a factor after all.

Here's a more detailed story about my buddy's case: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/05/alcebo-miller-may28.html

First sentence says it all.

And what's the difference between a detached garage or shed and a driveway? So now we're saying a roof the determining factor?

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    That's it? Zimmerman? Hard to say it was a factor when the dude is sitting at home probably eating a fish taco right now. If anything that suggests that it is NOT a factor after all.

Here's a more detailed story about my buddy's case: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/05/alcebo-miller-may28.html

And what's the difference between a detached garage or shed and a driveway? So now we're saying a roof the determining factor?

the lines start to blur on burglary vs theft (misdemeanor vs felony) on location.

shooting a guy in a 10x12 shed in the backyard is different than a garage.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Jack: I'm sorry. I went back to reread your quote. You are right (I think) Deadly force does pertain to the home owner. I still think though that in all of that quagmire of law, somewhere, it states that the home owner is expected or understood to be in fear of life. Frankly all of it started making my eyes cross. My only point was that you can use a single part of the law. And sometimes a single statement carries great weight. But subsections and additions further on may change the little part that pertains to you.

For example:

It's illegal to drink alcoholic beverages until you're 21.
    BUT(!!!) if the post commander says otherwise, you *MAY* be allowed to drink alcoholic beverages as a US soldier on military property.

So taking that first statement is correct. But further reading will add a slight modifier.

Hence my belief that somewhere it states the home owner is automatically assumed to be in fear of life as pertaining to the parts you quoted.

That was my thought on the whole quoting law thing. Ronnie put the whole enchilada up there. I believe when we're promoting what is legal, in this case (us going to jail) it's extremely important to consider everything. Not just parts.

And oh my god, have I confused anybody else? Jack are you with me? :D

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Hmmm. I don't remember that incident from 2010. However, I think the current political climate for justifiable homicide is cloudy with a chance of prosecution!

I hope he doesn't get in any trouble over this because there seems to be precedence here. We'll see.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

They sure tried with GZ

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom