Updates and Improvements Part 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    I don't think this is entirely fair to the people who have paid money to advertise their services here.

Would it be any more "unfair" than individuals selling guns on the same forum as businesses? Something to think about is those of us "in the sticks" where there may not be a sponsor/business providing a service. I'm not sure I would trust a jakeleg to duracoat and HK UMP, but I might be willing to save $100 to get an old beater 870 done.

Also, and this is more of a question than a suggestion, can we rate sponsors? Does the feedback system apply to them?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Would it be any more "unfair" than individuals selling guns on the same forum as businesses? Something to think about is those of us "in the sticks" where there may not be a sponsor/business providing a service. I'm not sure I would trust a jakeleg to duracoat and HK UMP, but I might be willing to save $100 to get an old beater 870 done.

Also, and this is more of a question than a suggestion, can we rate sponsors? Does the feedback system apply to them?

This is a fragile area to tread. Paying for anything on this site, or any where in the commercial business world, puts skin in the game for that advertiser/company/business. They should deserve some advantages to that.

But conversely, I must agree if they have not lived up to their / a customer's expectations they should be called out.

This should be interesting! :noes:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

I think it is more unfair, yes. If I'm selling a service I'm creating a business. If I'm unloading a gun I no longer want, I'm selling personal property. This site is able to stay open thanks to sponsors buying ad space. That ad space becomes less valuable when you're giving it away for free in a services section.

You can leave sponsors I-trader feedback or post a review in the vender reviews section

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?108-Product-and-Vendor-Reviews

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    I think it is more unfair, yes. If I'm selling a service I'm creating a business. If I'm unloading a gun I no longer want, I'm selling personal property. This site is able to stay open thanks to sponsors buying ad space. That ad space becomes less valuable when you're giving it away for free in a services section.

You can leave sponsors I-trader feedback or post a review in the vender reviews section

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?108-Product-and-Vendor-Reviews

Thanks for the link. Did anyone else know there was all of this stuff on the site? I have got to get out of the classifieds more!:rolleyes:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think its neat haven't ran into any posts since the last changes that need it just yet.

is it more or less for rude or tasteless posts?

Well, if people like posts, it will help that user's reputation on the forum go up (the little green bar under your name). Also, if a post gets a certain number of thumbs down, it hides it where you have to click a dropdown to view it.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    Any idea if this "thumbs up / thumbs down" can be ported to tapatalk?

I was reading this thread and had planned to suggest something similar, then saw it was already in place. I was very pleased, but I'm running on TaT and can't see this feature.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Any idea if this "thumbs up / thumbs down" can be ported to tapatalk?

I was reading this thread and had planned to suggest something similar, then saw it was already in place. I was very pleased, but I'm running on TaT and can't see this feature.
    I doubt it. Tapatalk would have to add it to their app...and I doubt they will do that ;)

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    So...anyone like the new post rating tool?

Not the biggest fan of it. I like the idea of it, but the formatting is kind of off. The "1 out of 1 members like this post. Rate this post:" is too close to the text of the actual post. Other than that, it's pretty cool!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I doubt it. Tapatalk would have to add it to their app...and I doubt they will do that ;)

10-4, I fully understand.

What about a timeline list, similar to the "what's new" but the articles don't go away from the list after you view them, and it's not just what's new since you were last here, it's a chronological list of the articles based on activity (again, like the feature in tapatalk).

That's one thing I really like about this client.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well, if people like posts, it will help that user's reputation on the forum go up (the little green bar under your name). Also, if a post gets a certain number of thumbs down, it hides it where you have to click a dropdown to view it.

I see you already awarded yourself 3 green bars, eh?

In the immortal words of Mel Brooks as King Louis XVI (History of the World Part I);

"It's good to be the King!"

:D

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Not the biggest fan of it. I like the idea of it, but the formatting is kind of off. The "1 out of 1 members like this post. Rate this post:" is too close to the text of the actual post. Other than that, it's pretty cool!
    That is on the top of my things to fix list. I tried adding it under the signature last night...but it didn't want to work. It is default at the top of posts :) I will work on it.

10-4, I fully understand.

What about a timeline list, similar to the "what's new" but the articles don't go away from the list after you view them, and it's not just what's new since you were last here, it's a chronological list of the articles based on activity (again, like the feature in tapatalk).

That's one thing I really like about this client.
    Click the "Posts Today" link at the top.

I see you already awarded yourself 3 green bars, eh?

In the immortal words of Mel Brooks as King Louis XVI (History of the World Part I);

"It's good to be the King!"

:D
    Awarded myself? You don't think people just like me enough to justify that?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I like vermiforms auto updating page idea.

I hate to break it to you guys...but this feature ALREADY exists and has existed for awhile now. I enabled it back in September. Look at the top of the forum. See the Activity button? Click it. The page auto updates every minute IF you leave the window open. If you don't leave the window open (in view), it should only refresh every five minutes.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/activity.php

Thats the link for you lazy folks.

Top Bottom