USSS shoots at car burglars.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Will the agent(s) involved be required to attend mandatory range time to become proficent with their service weapons as well as to training as to when weapons can be discharged???? How do they get preferential treatment on discharging weapon in a non=life threating situation unless the bad guys had guns and pointed the guns at the agents..... Thought that the Washington DC area had strict gun possession laws to keep the guns out of the hands of _______ ______ _____ ______ ____ and law abideing citizens are not allowed to protect themselves ....... Protection for the privilidged few....... .............................................. drill sgt.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "At around 11:58 p.m. on Sunday in the Georgetown neighborhood of D.C., Secret Service agents encountered possibly three individuals breaking a window on a parked and unoccupied government vehicle [a parked and unmarked Secret Service SUV], the agency confirmed in a statement obtained by Fox News.

During the encounter, a federal agent discharged a service weapon, and it is believed no one was struck, the Secret Service said."

There are a few questions I feel need to be answered before I can condemn or applaud the agent's actions.

At what point during the encounter did the agent discharge their weapon? How many shots were fired? Was there something in the SUV that would make a criminal with it a threat? What did the would be burglars do when confronted?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    is there state law diff? no property is equal to applying lethal force in the state of LA...

Let me make up a scenario to get your opinion on something. You're in your driveway. You have a handgun on you. Your car door is open and you have a handgun on the front seat. Someone who had been walking down the sidewalk turns and starts to walk up your driveway to the open door. You are on the other side of the car and would not be able to get to him in time to physically stop him from gaining entry into your car. The guy ignores your commands to stop and instead reaches for the handgun on the seat. At what point are you in danger of imminent danger of losing your life or receiving great bodily harm? Remember, he's only reaching for a piece of property.

how can 3 people armed or not breaking into a empty car be legally shot at..

It would depend on their actions upon being confronted by the agents. If the agents saw them trying to break a window and they let off a few rounds before confronting them, that may be tough to explain. But if upon being confronted, they reach under their shirt as if to pull something from their waistband, that may be a little easier to explain.

Again, I'nm not suggesting it happened like this. I don't know what happened.

and as stated above why does Biden's grand daughter have SS detail on our dime??

I don't know.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I was taught in the Marines that deadly force is authorized to protect Federal property, especially if it is considered to be a secure area.
    For example, I got frequently picked for Armory Duty because I was a "gun guy."It was usually a boring overnight shift with a chamber empty M9 and 3 magazines. I even did dry fire practice since the chamber was empty. The Armory had M9s, M16s, M249s, M60s, 590s, M40s, M203s, M2s, MK19s, and 81mm mortars. There was also munitions on hand for all of the above. The Armory was considered to be a secure area and deadly force was authorized to protect it.
    If the vehicle in question was a government vehicle with firearms inside, then it's understandable that a perp was fired upon.
    I eagerly await an explanation. The Agent either overreacted or did his duty. It all depends on what he/she was protecting.

Danny Ross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2022
    Bush, LA
    Another reason to be glad I live in Louisiana. We have "shoot the burglar" and "shoot the carjacker" laws. One does not need any sort of license to carry a loaded firearm in one's vehicle; it is considered to be the same as one's home. In 2012, there was a change to the Louisiana constitution to strengthen 2d Amendment rights.

Danny Ross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2022
    Bush, LA

Louisiana Right to Bear Arms, Amendment 2 (2012)​

Right to Bear Arms Amendment
    Flag of Louisiana.png
    TypeConstitutional amendment
    OriginLouisiana State Legislature
    TopicFirearms
    StatusApproved

The Louisiana Right to Bear Arms Amendment, also known as Constitutional Amendment 2, was a legislatively referred constitutional amendment on the November 6, 2012 statewide ballot in Louisiana, where it was approved.
    This measure fortified existing gun rights in the state. The amendment added the rights to acquire, transport, carry, transfer, and use firearms in addition to the existing right to keep and bear them.[1][2]

Election results​

See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
    Louisiana Amendment 2 (2012)
    ResultVotesPercentage
    Approved Yes 1,331,891 73.45%
    No
    481,360​
    26.55%​
    Official results via the Louisiana Secretary of State's website.

Text of measure​

The official ballot text read as follows:[3]
    Do you support an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Louisiana to provide that the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right and any restriction of that right requires the highest standard of review by a court?[4]

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Another reason to be glad I live in Louisiana. We have "shoot the burglar" and "shoot the carjacker" laws. One does not need any sort of license to carry a loaded firearm in one's vehicle; it is considered to be the same as one's home. In 2012, there was a change to the Louisiana constitution to strengthen 2d Amendment rights.

You might want to consult an attorney and let him explain to you when you can actually shoot someone. It’s not an automatic lawful shooting.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Grown GRANDAUGHTER with her own family gets USSS protection??? Who else in that cabal gets protection on our dime? I thought it was only immediate family.
    She is still considered immediate family. Someone could conceivably try to kidnap or harm her in order to solicit something from the President. I am very, very supportive of any and all family members of the US President having constant protection from the USSS. The President has a ton to worry about - it's unnecessary to add the risk of anyone in his family being harmed to the mix and realistically the additional budget to protect the more 'extended' immediate family is negligible in the grand scheme of things. If we want to start saving taxpayer money, there are other massive places we could easily start that dwarf protection detail budgets...maybe something like the >$600B in foreign aid we've handed out in the past 10 years.

You might want to consult an attorney and let him explain to you when you can actually shoot someone. It’s not an automatic lawful shooting.
    This ^^

Shooting a "carjacker" is much much much different than shooting someone breaking into a car that you are not in.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    That’s ONLY if you are in the car and they are carjacking… if you walk outside and see Sombody breaking into your car, weather you have a gun in your car or not are only legally covered if you go back inside and don’t mess with them .. now if you stick around and yell at them and they gain access to your gun and upu shoot them.. good luck in the courts today… They would say you instigated contact and prob be found guilty

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That’s ONLY if you are in the car and they are carjacking… if you walk outside and see Sombody breaking into your car, weather you have a gun in your car or not are only legally covered if you go back inside and don’t mess with them .. now if you stick around and yell at them and they gain access to your gun and upu shoot them.. good luck in the courts today… They would say you instigated contact and prob be found guilty
    There's a lot to unpack here...but, the TLDR facts are that in Louisiana you cannot shoot someone for breaking into an empty car, shed, four-wheeler, or whatever that you have sitting on your property outside of your house.

Top Bottom