Violence Forces Closing of Parkland Along Mexico Border to Americans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I would much rather my tax dollars go to blackwater snipers in little birds patrolling the border than those idiots trying to build that crap border fence.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I would much rather my tax dollars go to blackwater snipers in little birds patrolling the border than those idiots trying to build that crap border fence.

Me too. The sniper idea has TEETH.;) A .308 caliber, one-way ticket to that big cartel in the sky....

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

I'm not sure indiscriminate killing of those crossing is really the right way to do things.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm not sure indiscriminate killing of those crossing is really the right way to do things.

You're so right. Univision-Grade hot chicks get a free pass.;)

Seriously- nobody said anything about "indiscriminate killing". I happen to believe that it is perfectly appropriate to eliminate the threat that our border agents, ranchers, residents, and LEOs are dealing with. The bastards causing the violence are rough- but if we really want to we can provide personnel that are a whole lot rougher- with much better toys at their disposal.
    But will we? That's the question....

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana

An armed illegal or drug smuggler is an enemy and a clear and present danger. I have no problem with him eating a .308 or any other round. Now for those just trying to cross for a better life...they can go back and knock on the front door. I'm not for indiscriminate killing either, but this is a war despite the PC spin and posturing of politicians that only care about elections. It’s now more than ever time to move an armed force to protect our border. There should never be a foreign occupation allowed on United States soil without a fight.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    An armed illegal or drug smuggler is an enemy and a clear and present danger. I have no problem with him eating a .308 or any other round. Now for those just trying to cross for a better life...they can go back and knock on the front door. I'm not for indiscriminate killing either, but this is a war despite the PC spin and posturing of politicians that only care about elections. It’s now more than ever time to move an armed force to protect our border. There should never be a foreign occupation allowed on United States soil without a fight.

I don't have a problem with using military force to secure the border. My thought was placing snipers on the border to control who comes in and out might not be the right thing to do. Support for dealing with armed smugglers vs. border control are different things.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I don't have a problem with using military force to secure the border. My thought was placing snipers on the border to control who comes in and out might not be the right thing to do. Support for dealing with armed smugglers vs. border control are different things.

If snipers, drones, and helicopters with Infrared in A'stan and Iraq can identify civillians from the insurgents who are carrying weapons, bombs, and even wanted men from facial recognition software, we can do it on the border.

A life is a life, if its good enough to do it there, its good enough to do it here.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    If snipers, drones, and helicopters with Infrared in A'stan and Iraq can identify civillians from the insurgents who are carrying weapons, bombs, and even wanted men from facial recognition software, we can do it on the border.

A life is a life, if its good enough to do it there, its good enough to do it here.

Maybe I'm not clear enough in my previous statements:

Sniper as a support role is fine, shooting violent criminals who would rather fight than surrender is fine.... Controling the border by shooting those who cross is not.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana

You are correct our military (National Guard) is the best solution for securing our borders by helping the border patrol and removing all threats. Our soldiers are not indiscriminate. Border patrol can round up all unarmed illegal’s after the armed ones are eliminated.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Maybe I'm not clear enough in my previous statements:

Sniper as a support role is fine, shooting violent criminals who would rather fight than surrender is fine.... Controling the border by shooting those who cross is not.

Walking across an International border with a weapon, Their intent to fight is pretty clear. Not clear enough for ya, do it like the coast guard, fire a shot accross the bow, yell at them on the loadspeaker to give up, if not, open fire.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So, does anyone have any questions as to why AZ has eased some of it's gun laws lately? It's not just because it's the right way to treat free citizens, folks....
    Whether our gov't wants to admit it or not- when armed, foreign individuals penetrate your border with bad intentions, that is called an invasion. The majority of residents in border-country AZ do not have 24 hour security lying around (:rolleyes: a-la Rosie O'Donnell), and they are on their own.
    I hope it does not take a mass killing of American citizens to force the feds off their asses and do what's needed......

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    The governors of the border states would be well within their authority to deploy their National Guard for this purpose. They would also be within their authority to call out the militia to do it; but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they haven't a clue how to do that.

Top Bottom