Violence Forces Closing of Parkland Along Mexico Border to Americans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Here's something else to ponder: How do you guys think our fathers & grandfathers of the WW2 generation would have reacted to armed individuals from Mexico causing havoc- on our own soil, no less- in the 1950's?

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Here's something else to ponder: How do you guys think our fathers & grandfathers of the WW2 generation would have reacted to armed individuals from Mexico causing havoc- on our own soil, no less- in the 1950's?

No question, they'd have done something about it. My grandfather's grandfather's brother served in a previous border clash in that general area.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    The border patrol has had drones at thier disposal for some time. They cannot use them because our gov't (the FCC) won't open the air space to use them.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA

Just as a matter of historical reference, this is definately NOT the first time incursions by gangs, illegal aliens, drug runners, et al has occurred along the US-Mexico border. Google up American Expeditionary Forces; 1914 and see what pops up. The name "Black Jack Pershing" ring any bells? Pancho Villa? Forget the name of the New Mexico town that Villa's "gang" raided but it was a hell of a shootout between them and US troops. We invaded Mexico soon after in a failed as it turned out effort to capture Villa.

So...the point I am trying to make is that this type of activity has occurred for a long time, probably going back to 1848 and the Mexican War. Troops in that area are, or rather should not be, anything new.

Of course, the powers that be today in control on the Potomac won't admit or reference ANY of OUR history on this matter.

As an aside, landmines are cheaper than snipers. :)

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    It's better to do something than sit around and do nothing.

This is and has been an invasion taking place, plain and simple.

If I were President I would send Mexico a bill for $1 trillion dollars and say that each year the "invasion" continues they will pay $1 trillion dollars. And if they don't pay? Then inform them in no uncertain terms we will take all their oil. All of it. Permanently.

And I would bring an aircraft carrier fleet in the general are if needed.

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    An armed illegal or drug smuggler is an enemy and a clear and present danger. I have no problem with him eating a .308 or any other round. Now for those just trying to cross for a better life...they can go back and knock on the front door. I'm not for indiscriminate killing either, but this is a war despite the PC spin and posturing of politicians that only care about elections. It’s now more than ever time to move an armed force to protect our border. There should never be a foreign occupation allowed on United States soil without a fight.

+ 100 Paintball

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    You're so right. Univision-Grade hot chicks get a free pass.;)
    Seriously- nobody said anything about "indiscriminate killing". I happen to believe that it is perfectly appropriate to eliminate the threat that our border agents, ranchers, residents, and LEOs are dealing with. The bastards causing the violence are rough- but if we really want to we can provide personnel that are a whole lot rougher- with much better toys at their disposal.
    But will we? That's the question....

:rofl: This has my vote!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    What's Univision-Grade?

An example:

200407060006.jpg

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Shot 'em,

BUT, I don't know why we ain't hearing more stories about AZ ranchers shooting these tribesmen dead and calling SD ??

I'm all for troops on the border, anything to secure it, just saying I have not heard many , if any, reports of the locals converting any illegals from vertical to horizontal.

If armed people were crossing my property in Louisiana and I felt they were a threat to my life, or my family, I'd take whatever action necessary ???

Charles1959

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Covington, La.
    Ya know, muy caliente chicas aside, It really pi**es me off that the gov't has closed American soil to Americans but refuses to close the same American land to Illegal Mexicans. Really ticks me off. Really!

Top Bottom