Want yalls opinion and advice please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airborne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    If you go MP you won't do sh!t other than eat all of our food , use all of our hot water in the shower room , take up all the phones and computers in the MWR and NEVER leave the wire but act like hard asses and accumulate a bunch of war stories. Speaking from experience here. Go Infantry or don't go military at all. It's a fun job but prepare to change and become callous in ways you never thought you would.

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    If you want to get a degree, do that BEFORE enlisting in to ANYTHING... If you feel you must do something now join ROTC. There are many options with this, if you want to go Army personally I'd recommend SMP. You'll get the ROTC training, plus the experience of being in a National Guard or Reserve unit. However, if you want to go active duty at any point, go with the Air Force, sure you could have just as crappy a time in any branch, but with the AF you at least have a chance at having a good time.

But again, no one wants anyone without a degree right now. It's hard to get a job even if you have years of experience and don't have a degree. One benefit to the National Guard over the reserves is that you'll be tuition exempt at state schools, which is a heck of a lot better then trying to apply for TA and messing with all of that mess.

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    As far as going MP goes, you'll learn some things that come in handy later on, but you'll learn it anyway when you do move in to law enforcement. Assignment wise MP's get put on everything from personnel protection, quick reaction forces, working security on base, and normal patrols. I've seen MP companies and detachments assigned to every one of those tasks. You could also end up doing ANYTHING in the world, no matter what your MOS, so don't let those that are biased tell you what you should and shouldn't do. You wont know what you'll be doing until you're doing it, no matter what your MOS or assignment.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I am an MP currently deployed to Iraq. I can speak firsthand for being an MP that leaves the wire. We are out 6 days per week and our 7th day is vehicle maintenance. You can expect to be deployed in the Army because I hear MP is the most deployed MOS. As far as being stuck doing law & order operations or detainee ops, you will really only do it on the real big posts. I am at a small COS and it is all Ugandans working with Triple Canopy providing ECP security. Here we have cav scouts on QRF teams, not MPs. I can't go into what we do here because I am still deployed and it is OPSEC but do not feed into the BS that as an MP you will only be writing tickets.

Top Bottom